Hadeer

Interview refusal

23 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Hadeer said:

Is it normal when a case is refused for additional information requirement that the consular give back the passports?

That isnt the best sign and now I realize what they want from you.  We’ve been there and it wasn’t her it was me (USC) grilled at the immi counter.  

There is a possibility that you will need to make a trip, get a drivers license, register to vote, check on schooling, and do some job hunting to meet your “intent to establish residency” requirements.  
Our list:  We kept parked registered insured vehicles, had property in a relative’s house and also in storage, maintained our banks and credit cards, kept drivers licenses up to date, and addressed the whole puppet show to the same address.  But:  we were only out 3-4 years at a time which keeping all that up to date made our absence(s) “temporary” 

Well and KSA doesnt allow “permanence” anyway.  That helped.  All stays are “temporary” there but I had to prove a lot of US ties to get what we needed.  Wish you folks the best 👍

Edited by iwannaplay54

5 hours ago, Hadeer said:

Is it normal when a case is refused for additional information requirement that the consular give back the passports?

Yes.   They are not close to being able to make a decision in your case, since you have some big items missing.   They will not ask for them back until they can make a decision.

I have planned a quick visit to travel to the states rent and get some evidence as they requested but i have 2 concerns i am not sure about them:

Is there a minimum time to stay inside the states or it doesn't matter as long as i got what i needed and that in case visa was issued i will travel with my husband?

Also renting now means paying rent while it might take a while before getting there so is renting a small apartment or a studio will be an issue or it is not a big deal?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
6 hours ago, Hadeer said:

I have planned a quick visit to travel to the states rent and get some evidence as they requested but i have 2 concerns i am not sure about them:

Is there a minimum time to stay inside the states or it doesn't matter as long as i got what i needed and that in case visa was issued i will travel with my husband?

Also renting now means paying rent while it might take a while before getting there so is renting a small apartment or a studio will be an issue or it is not a big deal?

Renting something small will be fine. You could also contract for a rental to start a couple months later.  In that case, you'll only pay a deposit to hold the apartment.  When I moved from Texas to Washington State in 2005, I made all the lease arrangement online, for my rental to start later when I got there.  Apartments know in advance when units will be available, because people have to give notice of moving out and then they need time to clean first.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

8 hours ago, Hadeer said:

No minimum time and I never took trips to “establish a residence”.  We did pay for insurance we never used and other things to maintain no doubt that we were out temporarily with full intent to come back.
Rent isnt as important as getting all your business and banking and credit cards etc addressed to wherever you are intending to stay, getting a state ID or license, registering to vote, and bringing back all of the evidence that you did that.

Job searching would be good, nothing spells “expedite” like a job offer and starting date.  Probably helps boost the support affidavit.

Before I’d pay rent I’d pay to ship goods over, which you probably have to do anyway.  Nothing spells intent like packing stuff and moving it.

If a visa is issued you must either enter before or with your husband, that’s the rule.  I picked “with” - no way I was leaving my wife alone in KSA.

Edited by iwannaplay54

Timeline
4 hours ago, iwannaplay54 said:

No minimum time and I never took trips to “establish a residence”.  We did pay for insurance we never used and other things to maintain no doubt that we were out temporarily with full intent to come back.

Before I’d pay rent I’d pay to ship goods over, which you probably have to do anyway.  Nothing spells intent like packing stuff and moving it.

1.  She's not temporarily out.  She hasn't lived in the USA since age 8.

2.  Love this idea of shipping household goods, but gotta have a place to ship them to.  Easy enough to arrange and the wait for them will not be as long.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Just now, pushbrk said:

1.  She's not temporarily out.  She hasn't lived in the USA since age 8.

2.  Love this idea of shipping household goods, but gotta have a place to ship them to.  Easy enough to arrange and the wait for them will not be as long.

I read her posts.  She has a hard climb.

Timeline
Just now, iwannaplay54 said:

I read her posts.  She has a hard climb.

I did, obviously.  Yes, she does.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.