Mdvivori

Time to Embassy Interview in Manila after NVC forwarded my Case to Embassy

68 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Mdvivori said:

Anyway, today the Embassy Emailed a response that I needed to contact the NVC because the children’s paperwork was still at NVC.  I thought the Embassy told NVC when they were ready for a certain number of Interviews.  Should I wait to see what happens with the Embassy after they process the new Email addresses or contact the NVC again?

Email NVCexpedite@state.gov

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Hi @Mary Bernard when did you get your interview letter? And was the 'case not found' issue resolved right after you got the notice? I'm still waiting for my interview letter 😔 Case status ready since Feb 1

13 hours ago, Mpowie said:

Hi @Mary Bernard when did you get your interview letter? And was the 'case not found' issue resolved right after you got the notice? I'm still waiting for my interview letter 😔 Case status ready since Feb 1

Hello 

I didn't receive an interview letter, I was able to set up an appointment via ustraveldocs.

The case wasn't able to found as it was ready on Feb 1st. So I contacted customer service, and they escalated the case and around Feb 6 I was able to make an appointment for March 6.

Give them a call and ask because as far as I know once it's ready you can self schedule.

44 minutes ago, Mary Bernard said:

Hello 

I didn't receive an interview letter, I was able to set up an appointment via ustraveldocs.

The case wasn't able to found as it was ready on Feb 1st. So I contacted customer service, and they escalated the case and around Feb 6 I was able to make an appointment for March 6.

Give them a call and ask because as far as I know once it's ready you can self schedule.

Oh wow, congrats! I've called 4 times and got the same standard response of "wait for the interview letter then we can escalate." They'd stop me before I even get to making the request. Are any of these the number that you called? (+632) 8548-8223 or (+632) 7792-8988

How long did it take for them to resolve the issue after your call at Feb 6?

3 hours ago, Mpowie said:

Oh wow, congrats! I've called 4 times and got the same standard response of "wait for the interview letter then we can escalate." They'd stop me before I even get to making the request. Are any of these the number that you called? (+632) 8548-8223 or (+632) 7792-8988

How long did it take for them to resolve the issue after your call at Feb 6?

We are from Hawaii, so I called the one in united states. I tried calling the one in philippines but I was on the phone too long that my 20 mins calling card ended before they can even help me. 

So I called them on Feb 2 and they said it will usually takes 1-3 days for them to resolve it after they escalated the case. Mind you, I've been checking ustraveldocs to see if the case would still say not found, and to my surprise it says not found but around the next week Feb 6, I was able to make a schedule 

4 hours ago, Mary Bernard said:

We are from Hawaii, so I called the one in united states. I tried calling the one in philippines but I was on the phone too long that my 20 mins calling card ended before they can even help me. 

So I called them on Feb 2 and they said it will usually takes 1-3 days for them to resolve it after they escalated the case. Mind you, I've been checking ustraveldocs to see if the case would still say not found, and to my surprise it says not found but around the next week Feb 6, I was able to make a schedule 

Thanks so much for this info! We just called and they agreed to escalate it, but said it was up to the discretion of the embassy. Not so hopeful but at least something is happening. Hope we get the same results as you.

They sent us an email receipt. Did you get an email after the escalation was "approved"? Or you were just suddenly able to book on CGI?

23 minutes ago, Mpowie said:

Thanks so much for this info! We just called and they agreed to escalate it, but said it was up to the discretion of the embassy. Not so hopeful but at least something is happening. Hope we get the same results as you.

They sent us an email receipt. Did you get an email after the escalation was "approved"? Or you were just suddenly able to book on CGI?

No email after escalate was approved

I was just able to schedule an appointment suddenly so it was shocking. I was really happy. No movement for 2 years. Now this

Our case has the same issue we have been waiting since January 25 since the case shows ready. I have contacted the USEM 2 times they keep telling us we have to wait for an email from them and they don't know how long it will be but the also stated that we cannot schedule our interview until we get the email. Our case was expedited also without our knowledge of it.

Thomas we received the Email February 3rd and still unable to schedule an Interview.  Called twice and requested escalation and still no movement.  Keep trying, we are all very close at this stage.

2 hours ago, Mdvivori said:

Thomas we received the Email February 3rd and still unable to schedule an Interview.  Called twice and requested escalation and still no movement.  Keep trying, we are all very close at this stage.

So at this point we will just keep waiting . We have not received the email they talk about may I ask what does the email say?

13 hours ago, Thomas Reinhardt said:

Our case has the same issue we have been waiting since January 25 since the case shows ready. I have contacted the USEM 2 times they keep telling us we have to wait for an email from them and they don't know how long it will be but the also stated that we cannot schedule our interview until we get the email. Our case was expedited also without our knowledge of it.

If your case has been expedited and says ready you should be able to schedule an interview

That's what I did.

Case got approved expedited 

Case status ready

Wasn't able to self schedule due to Case not found on ustraveldocs

Called and got Case escalated

Was able to schedule feb6

Got an interview March 6

1 minute ago, Mary Bernard said:

If your case has been expedited and says ready you should be able to schedule an interview

That's what I did.

Case got approved expedited 

Case status ready

Wasn't able to self schedule due to Case not found on ustraveldocs

Called and got Case escalated

Was able to schedule feb6

Got an interview March 6

I will try again the only reason I didn't try was the Embassy told me twice that I have to wait for some type of email from them this is new to us the Embassy expedited our case we had no knowledge of it until NVC sent an email when I filed for my wife in 2018 by the time we got to NVC they emailed us the interview date .

Congratulations Mary!!!

We also were finally able to schedule our interview today, February 21st also for March 6th, early AM.  

The bad news is my 2 young, 6 & 9 yo stepchildren are still at NVC, DQ’d but not yet released to the Embassy.  We will keep trying to get them expedited but may need to reschedule wife’s interview or just let her go ahead and get her Visa now.  I’m thinking it might be foolish to delay hers but it might help to get NVC to hurry up.  Thoughts?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.