Runner19

IR5 cases automatically transferred to Kazakhstan

103 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Runner19 said:

More weirdness with our cases. This morning we got another email about our interviews being canceled(nothing was scheduled), now the Almaty case numbers stopped working in CEAC. That's how it started 2 weeks ago when they transferred us to KZ. It looks like they are transferring our cases again somewhere. 

Maybe they are transferring you back to the Warsaw embassy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
16 hours ago, Runner19 said:

More weirdness with our cases. This morning we got another email about our interviews being canceled(nothing was scheduled), now the Almaty case numbers stopped working in CEAC. That's how it started 2 weeks ago when they transferred us to KZ. It looks like they are transferring our cases again somewhere. 

Our case number changed recently even though our case has been with Almaty since July. We still have a WAR prefix but they appended an ATA 01 suffix to our case number. When I try to enter the case number in CEAC, we get the case id not found message. We contacted US Travel Docs via phone almost 2 weeks ago and they told me it was an error in their system that is affecting case numbers. They put in an IT trouble ticket then 2 days ago we got an email that they had resolved the issue and closed our trouble ticket. The email said to login to CEAC and try again to schedule an appointment. We did and got the same error message. I called them again and they told me to email the KZ embassy directly at USAKZ@state.gov 

The Polish government told us that Russians are not allowed in Poland, the EU, or the Schengen Zone and that my wife cannot get a visa. This was in the fall though, so maybe things have changed.

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Runner19 said:

Well, we are now at one case with Warsaw number (ceac working) and one case with Almaty number (ceac also working). Another weird thing as normally things changed together.

If you don't mind me asking, what category of cases are they?

Edited by CyberKnight13

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

Timeline

For those having problems with their case not being found in the CEAC system, 

On 2/1/2023 at 3:04 PM, CyberKnight13 said:

Our case number changed recently even though our case has been with Almaty since July. We still have a WAR prefix but they appended an ATA 01 suffix to our case number. When I try to enter the case number in CEAC, we get the case id not found message. We contacted US Travel Docs via phone almost 2 weeks ago and they told me it was an error in their system that is affecting case numbers. They put in an IT trouble ticket then 2 days ago we got an email that they had resolved the issue and closed our trouble ticket. The email said to login to CEAC and try again to schedule an appointment. We did and got the same error message. I called them again and they told me to email the KZ embassy directly at USAKZ@state.gov 

The Polish government told us that Russians are not allowed in Poland, the EU, or the Schengen Zone and that my wife cannot get a visa. This was in the fall though, so maybe things have changed.

Sorry, there was a mistake here. It is the scheduling system that cannot find our case not the CEAC system. CEAC works intermittently and I often receive an error due to an IT issue on their end. The appointment system took me contacting the consulate directly to fix but unfortunately, there are no IR1 appointments available.

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

Timeline
18 hours ago, Runner19 said:

No worries. We still have 2 different locations for my parents, so I wrote Almaty to keep them both there, we'll see if that will do anything.

It is so frustrating when the system defies logic and common sense.

In your case, splitting your parent between locations. In our case, trying to force us to go to a country that refuses to issue an entry permit or visa.

You would think professionals such as embassy staff would demonstrate some basic knowledge of the process and issues such as these. After we return to America, I plan on becoming very active in advocating for immigration process reforms. 

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

Timeline
On 1/30/2023 at 8:36 PM, CyberKnight13 said:

@Simplytex and @Moscowmojo, thank you both for the flight information, it is extremely helpful!

We may travel to Yekaterinburg via train and take a flight from there.

My wife is taking the train to E-burg on Feb 15th and flying to Almaty on the 16th.  I will let you know how it goes)

Timeline
On 2/7/2023 at 11:54 PM, Moscowmojo said:

My wife is taking the train to E-burg on Feb 15th and flying to Almaty on the 16th.  I will let you know how it goes)

Please do and good luck to you both!

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

What is everyone doing about COVID 19 vaccines required for medication examination? Will the waiver be applicable as WHO approved vaccines are not avaible in Russia? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Runner19 said:

My understanding is that Covid vaccines are not required for IR type of visas

Not quite right. There are two different times this is checked: at the medical, and when boarding the plane.

Currently, if you do medical in Russia or Kazakhstan (I only have confirmed those two) then a Russian doesn't need to have an approved (or any, for that matter) COVID vaccination. This is by exception, because people from other countries are required to have it, and potentially Russians if they do the medical in other countries.

For the second check though you are right, travelers to the United States are checked for COVID vaccinations, unless they are US citizens, permanent residents, or have the CR/IR category visas (fiances are required to have this proof of vaccination, though, even if they had done medical in Russia or KZ....)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.