AndiB

Number of cases processed hit new high!

2,063 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 minutes ago, AndiB said:

it increased a few months ago as well then came back down. Am curious to see if it will stay or if they'll readjust

Yeah it's been quite variable over time. By the time it gets to us that filed later in the year the situation could be different (for better or for worse).

2 minutes ago, Naterson said:

Yeah it's been quite variable over time. By the time it gets to us that filed later in the year the situation could be different (for better or for worse).

I have been watching this graph since mid April. It was at 49 days and now its 58 days. I guess it's slowly increasing.
image.png.496e34cdeae5d74867a244361e953e02.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mr.So said:

I have been watching this graph since mid April. It was at 49 days and now its 58 days. I guess it's slowly increasing.
image.png.496e34cdeae5d74867a244361e953e02.png

That is certainly the trend. Hopefully we get another dip soon like at the end of the year.

Timeline
On 6/9/2023 at 5:06 PM, FromMexico W/Love said:

A 9-day increase on NOA2 to NVC timeline vs a 4 month reduction in NOA1 to NOA2 processing.....  

Overall nothing actually changed in processing time, just waiting time switched from USCIS to NVC (which I still blame USCIS)... 

I really hope by your time everything going to be better. ✌️

5 hours ago, Cheesehead22 said:

Unacceptable

IMG_0117.jpeg

These cases are usually more complex, therefore it takes longer for them be processed. It mostly depends on their background check. It's pretty funny to even include recent months, since we can all see activity happening since November 2021. Yes, they are currently putting more attention to May/June 2022, but that doesn't mean they are just leaving cases "behind" to sit on the table. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 hours ago, Cheesehead22 said:

Anybody notice the 2023 January approvals on Facebook groups?

We are still waiting for April. If it's real, what a slap in the face

it was one approval. It happens sometimes, always has. It's literally one in thousands. Either something in her case was not obvious to us or it was a simple USCIS error. 1 in 4k+ is a really really small % error. I understand it's unfair but it's not like they're skipping you for jan 2023.

We don't know the USCIS process but cases require background checks etc which will take different times for different applicants, even a straight forward applicant can have a slow security check. There's also diff case workers that work at diff speeds. April started a lil over a month ago. That's barely a delay at all in terms of paperwork/processing. It obviously feels like a long wait, totally valid but on paper...it's totally normal and they're not 'choosing' to just leave you behind.

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

Timeline
1 hour ago, OberonWasTaken said:

These cases are usually more complex, therefore it takes longer for them be processed. It mostly depends on their background check. It's pretty funny to even include recent months, since we can all see activity happening since November 2021. Yes, they are currently putting more attention to May/June 2022, but that doesn't mean they are just leaving cases "behind" to sit on the table. 

agree with this. The early 2021 are a mystery though. I never see filers from then who are still waiting so it's unclear what the situation is, whether they're 'active' cases or something happened that we're unaware of. If these include RFEs, many get an RFE and never respond and it can take months+ for USCIS to circle back and change the status to denied.

NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20

---

8 hours ago, OberonWasTaken said:

I don't think that's true. USCIS does the same background check for everybody, one background check isn't harder than another. They check the FBI criminal database just like everybody else. 

If you look at the people still waiting, nobody really has any special circumstances. And most are approved.

As for leaving people behind, that's exactly what they are doing to improve their statistics. They leave a large chunk and lower priority to a trickle of what it was (5 to 20 cases a day), and move onto the next month.

It comes down to being unlucky, unfair, incompetent and heartless. There are so many people in 2021 who are still waiting while people almost a year after them are being approved.

Edited by Cheesehead22

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Cheesehead22 said:

I don't think that's true. USCIS does the same background check for everybody, one background check isn't harder than another. They check the FBI criminal database just like everybody else. 

If you look at the people still waiting, nobody really has any special circumstances. And most are approved.

It comes down to being unlucky, unfair, incompetent and heartless. There are so many people in 2021 who are still waiting while people almost a year after them are being approved.

That's not true. That's not how security checks work. I have needed multiple as I worked with kids and now at a company that runs checks from basic to top secret. The basic ones can be anywhere from a couple days to months. It's not that the petitioner had a history but rather there was just a hiccup in the system. 

It is NEVER the same for everyone. You can have twins who lived together their whole lives with no differences and their checks can come back at widely different times. The majority should clear in similar timelines but it is not a guarantee. Your wishing things are simple does not make them so. Government bureaucracy is never that straight forward 

8 minutes ago, Cheesehead22 said:

IMG_0123.png

Context?

---

35 minutes ago, AndiB said:

That's not true. That's not how security checks work. I have needed multiple as I worked with kids and now at a company that runs checks from basic to top secret. The basic ones can be anywhere from a couple days to months. It's not that the petitioner had a history but rather there was just a hiccup in the system. 

It is NEVER the same for everyone. You can have twins who lived together their whole lives with no differences and their checks can come back at widely different times. The majority should clear in similar timelines but it is not a guarantee. Your wishing things are simple does not make them so. Government bureaucracy is never that straight forward 

Context?

The checks uscis does are the same for everybody. Their checks do not involve a team searching hours or days on end into your history. 

They type your information into the fbi database. Either something comes up or nothing does.

I'm not wishing things, I'm observing what's happening to us and hundreds of others. Watching applications that applied months after yours getting approved is unusual punishment. We paid our fee, we waited for our turn, and now we are told to just keep waiting, don't you dare complain, and you don't have the right to speak to us. 

Edited by Cheesehead22

Timeline
Just now, Cheesehead22 said:

The checks uscis does are the same for everybody. Their checks do not involve a team searching hours or days on end into your history. 

They type your information into the fbi database. Either something comes up or nothing does.

Yes i know. It's the same for our basic checks. It's a surface level check that just looks for basic flags. Deeper searches are higher clearance, I'm not talking about those 

A simple check can take a day or months in the UK. I would assume US is the same. As I stated you can literally have the same history as some one else, right down to your addresses and for some reason it's slower for one and not the other. 

Hell ESTAs take variable time and that's literally a basic form that is automated. Everyone does the same ESTA. Its not a team digging into history and yet...some people take mins and others takes hrs or days. It's not as simple as you're making it. The same check does NOT mean it's the exact same speed every single time. 

I don't work at USCIS so maybes I'm wrong and there is a simple check that really is the equiv of a google search but I'd be shocked as it's not that simple in UK for what I assume is an analogous check. I've also seen someones inuiry come back saying their security check was still pending which is the other reason I dont think its as simple as a quick search.

---

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.