AndiB

Number of cases processed hit new high!

2,063 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, FromMexico W/Love said:

What is the median processing time they are judging this against? Is it in the next 6 months to drop from current 16.5 month median wait time to 12 months or a different marker they are using?  

This is the median processing time: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/historic-pt

Using an archive link, we can see that the value was 14.6 in January, so we'd expect it to get down to ~11 months.

That said, this might not be exactly which value they're measuring against (for example, this the value for the fiscal year, but they might have taken a snapshot view or used trailing 6 months or something), but it's a good guide.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, When_Will_It_End said:

So have we been able to determine with any more clarity the likelihood of being "left behind" the further into the month you are?

I don't have enough data to get that granular unfortuntely, but it would definitely be interesting to look into. But seeing how the months stretch out, it might be good to temper expectations -- it looks like 50% get processed in 6 weeks once a month starts, but the next 25% can stretch out for a few months.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Mr.So said:

Is it just me or the USCIS case status page is down?

Down for me too 

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

22 minutes ago, meladee said:

This is the median processing time: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/historic-pt

Using an archive link, we can see that the value was 14.6 in January, so we'd expect it to get down to ~11 months.

That said, this might not be exactly which value they're measuring against (for example, this the value for the fiscal year, but they might have taken a snapshot view or used trailing 6 months or something), but it's a good guide.

Either way, I think this helps us out tremendously in gauging our analysis, either they are aiming to reduce from ~14 to ~11 months or from ~12 to ~9 months or some place in that ballpark. If December 2022 filers get their NOA2 in October/November which is a very real possibility, then in mid 2024 the processing time will be in line with traditional K1 visa processing speeds. 

53 minutes ago, meladee said:

I think the 50% is because they were asked by congress for "a detailed plan for reducing the aggregate median processing time for all applications at least 25 percent by not later than one year from the date of publication of the notice and each year thereafter until median processing times are fewer than six months" because they are increasing fees ("publication of the notice" being a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that impacts the fee level, which was published on Jan 3 -- so they have until January 2024 to reduce the median processing time by 25%)

Also, USCIS tracks their own progress differently on an internal basis. Internally, they use cycle times to track progress instead of using the commonly reported percentages of past adjudicated cases.

FYI for whomever really understands it:

"A cycle time measures how many months’ worth of pending cases for a particular form are awaiting a decision. Cycle times are what the operational divisions of USCIS use to gauge how much progress the agency is making on reducing our backlog and overall case processing times."

I assume what this means is that they look at the open cases number, which is currently roughly 50k and then measure how much time it would take them to process the cases at their current speed (~5k a month). Their current cycle time would then be 10 months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

P.S. I'm starting to notice that USCIS pages become magically available after 8pm EST / weekdays or during late afternoon on Saturdays. As in, after Cali Service Center wraps up work.

27 minutes ago, Lynxyonok said:

P.S. I'm starting to notice that USCIS pages become magically available after 8pm EST / weekdays or during late afternoon on Saturdays. As in, after Cali Service Center wraps up work.

It is working now and showing the exact same message of my case for the past year 😂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovenia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, AK65 said:

In the I-129F processing statistics, how the cases applied for K3 are classified, while I-130 application is in process or I-130 is approved and I-129F is "Administratively Closed"?

This I believe is connected to the status "case closed benefit received by other means”, correct? We classify those cases in I-129F as "Withdrawn", because it better reflects the fact that they were removed from the backlog out of order. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Posts violating the TOS have been removed.  Solicitation is against the TOS that all members have agreed to when creating their account. Any further links to this other site will result in suspension. DO NOT share repost or PM these links. As they are a breach of the TOS and you will put your account at risk.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
2 minutes ago, amin krin said:

Hello guys how to know how much cases being processed in a day , like in the old site it's was total cases .

It's just above the chart if you click 'by day'

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.