AndiB

Number of cases processed hit new high!

2,063 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Obllak said:

Looks like USCIS had a "cleaning day" yesterday - they processed more older cases (from June to December 2021) and way less "hot zone" cases compared to previous days. But in general, not the best processing day regarding SUM numbers. Nonetheless, average number of processing cases for this month are still hitting the highest records!  

So essentially we shouldn’t be concerned about yesterday’s numbers not being that great?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 hours ago, Obllak said:

Most of them are from denied. For example, yesterday they denied 42 cases and rejected 10. On May 18th, they denied 50 cases and rejected 10 etc. 

Denied = applicant is ineligible to receive a visa (older cases; in the backlog)
Rejected = USCIS reject form upon receipt if the form is incorrectly filled (newer cases; not in the backlog)

if they were cleaning up could it be they didn't hear from an RFE in time? May also be they were already denied but not entered in system?? They did bring down the time you had to respond to RFEs.

I've seen a looottt of posts about people not meeting the meet in 2yr requirement and thinking they could use COVID as an excuse only to get RFEs and then basically abandon it as they couldn't provide the evidence.
Also lots let their case die as they go the spousal route so they could be deemed ineligible due to getting married since applying?

Lots is maybe an oversell here, but it's def not infreq posts.

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Quimat said:

So essentially we shouldn’t be concerned about yesterday’s numbers not being that great?

I would never stress over one day, they occasionally have 'quieter' days just like they have far more productive days. The average per day for the week is still the same as usually (240/day)

Edited by AndiB

NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20

---

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
1 minute ago, AndiB said:

I would never stress over one day, they occasionally have 'quieter' days just like they have far more productive days. The avergae per day for the week is still the same as usually (240)

Oh for sure. The week overall was great! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Overall week was great, I feel like in Oballaks sheet we can clearly see every month a slight increase in cases weekly done! That's amazing. Also Idk if it helps but as someone who does work with the state due my job is connected to state reports with social media I can maybe tell u that proper training takes around 6 months. I am not sure if it is the same, but generally how the training goes for us is that u first have 2 months someone look behind your shoulders, and then 4 months u work by urself but they tell us quality is more important than speed. Generally we do have a speed on how many things we have to process in a day / judge - but quality is still more important. Like I said IDK if it is the same, but since we do work with them together, I can see it (I work for an american company) so maybe that is similar why we see each month a increase? Like I myself just took this job in another company and I got 6 months training period...like I said it could be different but I do work for an American company in English which has to do with the state (kind of for security) soo o: Maybe we will keep seeing increases since they sped up on January and we are in May so they should be out of practice technically by June/July maybe some (depends how many batches they also hired at what time tho) o: But I think we will keep seeing increases like this! Amazing job also from everyone here who makes the sheets 😄 ! (Im also wondering if we see a slow day sometimes due big meetings requiremens etc.... I as example have 1 day a week where I have to have meetings and training lol..) 

Edited by ChiuA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovenia
Timeline
20 hours ago, Quimat said:

Not at all, the averages are good

Timeline
Just now, Mr.So said:

Is it just this week? or is that the new trend? 

I assume it's Friday getting filed late. I'm pretty sure they work weekends and file them Monday which is why number has a high number usually

---

Timeline

Here's a fun one, Lawfully updated their # of processing days for each quartile of each month this week. I've put them all here.

• Between Nov 2021 cases and Apr 2022 case, the time to process 25% went down 55 days
  • The gap between 25% and 50% has been pretty consistently at 16 days, but there's still a significant gap from 50%-75% (which has been around 80-100 days in the last year)

I also put together the % processed for every month here. It helps to visualise what we've already been discussing :

• The first 50% is processed quickly, then the rest drags out
  • There are a lot more months in the active range (10-84% processed) than there used to be
Edited by meladee

Timeline
2 minutes ago, meladee said:

Here's a fun one, Lawfully updated their # of processning days for each quartile of each month this week. I've put them all here.

• Between Nov 2021 cases and Apr 2022 case, the time to process 25% went down 55 days
  • The gap between 25% and 50% has been pretty consistently at 16 days, but there's still a significant gap from 50%-75% (which has been around 80-100 days in the last year)

I also put together the % processed for every month here. It helps to visualise what we've already been discussing :

• There are a lot more months in the active range (10-84% processed) than there used to be

Nerd Math GIF by HannahWitton

thanks for this!

---

22 minutes ago, meladee said:

Here's a fun one, Lawfully updated their # of processing days for each quartile of each month this week. I've put them all here.

I wonder if the strategy to blast through the first 50% will have the intended impact to shrink the wait time dramatically and that they end up moving the "goal posts" on what and how quickly they process cases. For example, will they change the reporting to be, we process 50% of cases within 6 months compared to 80%? 

So have we been able to determine with any more clarity the likelihood of being "left behind" the further into the month you are? Our NOA1 was literally the last day of the month because I thought at the time it would be benefit us more to be registered as being in an earlier month and did not even consider the possibility that waiting two days would have been actually more beneficial in the long run. I know someone here posted a chart where being in that last week increases the chances but it looks like even considering, a fair chunk of the back half of the month still gets picked up in the "first 50%" processed. Am I just being over paranoid or should I begin to prepare my fiancé for an even further delay. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, FromMexico W/Love said:

I wonder if the strategy to blast through the first 50% will have the intended impact to shrink the wait time dramatically and that they end up moving the "goal posts" on what and how quickly they process cases. For example, will they change the reporting to be, we process 50% of cases within 6 months compared to 80%? 

I think the 50% is because they were asked by congress for "a detailed plan for reducing the aggregate median processing time for all applications at least 25 percent by not later than one year from the date of publication of the notice and each year thereafter until median processing times are fewer than six months" because they are increasing fees ("publication of the notice" being a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that impacts the fee level, which was published on Jan 3 -- so they have until January 2024 to reduce the median processing time by 25%)

12 minutes ago, meladee said:

I think the 50% is because they were asked by congress for "a detailed plan for reducing the aggregate median processing time for all applications at least 25 percent by not later than one year from the date of publication of the notice and each year thereafter until median processing times are fewer than six months" because they are increasing fees ("publication of the notice" being a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that impacts the fee level, which was published on Jan 3 -- so they have until January 2024 to reduce the median processing time by 25%)

What is the median processing time they are judging this against? Is it in the next 6 months to drop from current 16.5 month median wait time to 12 months or a different marker they are using?  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.