AndiB

Number of cases processed hit new high!

2,063 posts in this topic

Just now, New Romantics said:

As an October filer this makes me so happy!! 🥰 Only issue is with the constant moving timelines my fiancé and I keep coming up with different wedding dates but then it always changes 😂

How big of a wedding are y'all planning? We were going to do something small within the 90-days, and then once we get the AOS and all that straightened out, we were going to fly back to Mexico and have a FIESTA!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, New Romantics said:

As an October filer this makes me so happy!! 🥰 Only issue is with the constant moving timelines my fiancé and I keep coming up with different wedding dates but then it always changes 😂

My bf and I will probably have to change ours too.! There was a time I was worried we'd miss our Oct wedding plan but now it seems that may be too late 😂

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, New Romantics said:

My fiancé and I hadn’t even thought of one but nowwwwww that’s going to change 😂😂. I can not wait!! I want to go wedding dress shopping like YESTERDAY 😂

8 minutes ago, FromMexico W/Love said:

How big of a wedding are y'all planning? We were going to do something small within the 90-days, and then once we get the AOS and all that straightened out, we were going to fly back to Mexico and have a FIESTA!!!

This is what my fiancé wants too. I'm from Greece and he's like why NOT have a second wedding on a Greek island?!! haha it might be too expensive to pull so we'll have to see haha

7 minutes ago, AndiB said:

My bf and I will probably have to change ours too.! There was a time I was worried we'd miss our Oct wedding plan but now it seems that may be too late 😂

I had a perfect date for August 2024 and this is NOT looking likely anymore. Especially since it seems the NVC is doing better as well haha I think I might have to come up with alternatives for every month from January 2024 to June 2024 lol

Edited by New Romantics

Timeline
7 minutes ago, FromMexico W/Love said:

Probably have a day at sign the papers and just spend the day together then have family and friends a few weeks/months later. Sadly I've moved so much I have few friends and family who can attend and his group is small too but should still be a special day

Already have the venue and food picked out, going to look at venue in couple weeks hopefully to confirm

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

Just now, AndiB said:

Probably have a day at sign the papers and just spend the day together then have family and friends a few weeks/months later. Sadly I've moved so much I have few friends and family who can attend and his group is small too but should still be a special day

Already have the venue and food picked out, going to look at venue in couple weeks hopefully to confirm

WAIT do we have to think about venues this far in advance?!  😭😭

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
29 minutes ago, FromMexico W/Love said:

Even though we don’t have a date, we already know we are doing an intimate local beach destination wedding with very few friends and close family. We only want people there that genuinely supported our relationship this whole time. We already know what event planner will host it and the money is saved, we just need a date! Once AOS is finished, we will do a traditional ceremony in his home country in Gambia. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
26 minutes ago, New Romantics said:

WAIT do we have to think about venues this far in advance?!  😭😭

It depends on the venue, some are booked very far in advance.

It wouldn't hurt to figure out where you might want to have the wedding and see how far out they get booked.

Just now, Naterson said:

It depends on the venue, some are booked very far in advance.

It wouldn't hurt to figure out where you might want to have the wedding and see how far out they get booked.

Oh wow yeah I have to get on this. The only way I can see this happening though is if I choose a later date for the ceremony and just do a small wedding first. I can't imagine wedding venues would be very flexible and work with USCIS timelines haha

Timeline
1 minute ago, New Romantics said:

Oh wow yeah I have to get on this. The only way I can see this happening though is if I choose a later date for the ceremony and just do a small wedding first. I can't imagine wedding venues would be very flexible and work with USCIS timelines haha

This way you'll also get some ideas/options, and can make a note of when you need to make the reservation. With the delays in NVC and the 6 month validity of the visa you should be able to make something work without too much trouble.

Plus it's something to help pass the waiting time so it feels like you're doing something more than sitting around (at least that's how I feel about this process).

1 minute ago, Naterson said:

This way you'll also get some ideas/options, and can make a note of when you need to make the reservation. With the delays in NVC and the 6 month validity of the visa you should be able to make something work without too much trouble.

Plus it's something to help pass the waiting time so it feels like you're doing something more than sitting around (at least that's how I feel about this process).

Yes this is a great idea! SO many things that need to be done 

Timeline

I love that you guys are talking about wedding plans – that means USCIS finally gave us some hope! Haha
After a year waiting just for the petition to be approved, I'm honestly glad I didn't really make any concrete plans (such was paying for deposits). Had some dresses, photographers and venues in mind, but then the processing times wouldn't stop going up, and I kept seeing all venues fully booked for 2023 and the bridal stores I liked saying it needed to be ordered 5 months in advance... now I just want a quick wedding, a good ready to be worn dress from David's Bridal and maybe marry in the local city hall or chapel, all to file AOS quickly and start living our married life finally! haha I might start dream again when it's finally moved to the consulate but I think it will be winter and snowy and my outdoor wedding dream will also be ripped from me.

But, with AOS now also being faster, we might be able to make a ceremony later in my home country or maybe a destination one in another country (if we even have the money after the fees)! We gotta keep dreaming! 

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline

I am so amazed that you all have concrete wedding plans! My fiancé and I are probably just going to go to City Hall with his family – hopefully that will save us a little money after everything we'll be spending on immigration. I would really like to get a nice suit tailored for the special day if I can, though? Like, even if we're not doing a capital-c Ceremony, I think that would be nice to have.

Sent: June 13 2022

Received: June 16 2022

NOA1: June 17 2022

NOA2: June 26 2023

NVC Received: July 27 2023 (approx)

Case Number Received: August 17 2023

Timeline
24 minutes ago, wav_m said:

I am so amazed that you all have concrete wedding plans! My fiancé and I are probably just going to go to City Hall with his family – hopefully that will save us a little money after everything we'll be spending on immigration. I would really like to get a nice suit tailored for the special day if I can, though? Like, even if we're not doing a capital-c Ceremony, I think that would be nice to have.

To be honest, my fiance keeps saying we can just get married in my parents' house and she'll be happy. I just don't want her to look back and be disappointed, so I think I'll try and find options that don't break the bank but make it memorable. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.