42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, alicehosten said:

While I'm still waiting! But while other things have appeared)))

Oh ok! Are you saying that you received a text msg and email notification like I received on Friday?  So your situation is similar to mine in what way, just curious?

Edited by JackandEdna2019

Timeline
37 minutes ago, alicehosten said:

Partially similar! But there are significant differences! While I'm collecting information!

Oh ok! Your collecting information from USCIS or on this site? 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

So I got the letter from USCIS and it's a NOID! They are giving me just 87 days to respond to the letter, with my evidence they are requesting otherwise they will make a decision based on the information they have already. I'm going to send my evidence in on Wednesday as I'm waiting for one last document. I'm praying they will approve it this time. They are requesting stuff that I've already sent, but I'm going to resend it anyways bcs I don't want to take a chance of getting denied. Does anyone know if sending pictures of our newborn daughter will help getting approved along with the evidence they are requesting. Basically, the letter is requesting me to prove that I'm not a risk to my beneficiary or any derivative beneficiary and that the charge of battery from 6 years ago should not be considered a specified offense of the AWA. I must prove all of ĥthese things. Pls let me know if you have any suggestions on what else to submit as my burden of proof that I'm not a risk to my beneficiary or anyone else!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
11 hours ago, JackandEdna2019 said:

So I got the letter from USCIS and it's a NOID! They are giving me just 87 days to respond to the letter, with my evidence they are requesting otherwise they will make a decision based on the information they have already. I'm going to send my evidence in on Wednesday as I'm waiting for one last document. I'm praying they will approve it this time. They are requesting stuff that I've already sent, but I'm going to resend it anyways bcs I don't want to take a chance of getting denied. Does anyone know if sending pictures of our newborn daughter will help getting approved along with the evidence they are requesting. Basically, the letter is requesting me to prove that I'm not a risk to my beneficiary or any derivative beneficiary and that the charge of battery from 6 years ago should not be considered a specified offense of the AWA. I must prove all of ĥthese things. Pls let me know if you have any suggestions on what else to submit as my burden of proof that I'm not a risk to my beneficiary or anyone else!

My guess is that they want to see what actions you have taken in the last 6 years to ensure you won't hit someone again. I would send a statement stating how you regret what happened and you feel remorse. That you have taken steps to better yourself by actively giving back to the community (volunteering) and have taken anger management classes or gone through extensive therapy and that you are no longer a threat to her or anybody else.  Essentially, try to show to USCIS that you have become a better person since that incident. 

Timeline

Thanks, yes that is what i have done is completed a letter stating that i have done counseling as required by the courts and I was determined to be a low risk for repeating such an act. I've also volunteered my time keeping clock with the high school where my dad coaches girls basketball, and doing stats and score book on away games.  I had my parents and the high school athletic administrator write a letter of support for me as well.

2 hours ago, JackandEdna2019 said:

Thanks, yes that is what i have done is completed a letter stating that i have done counseling as required by the courts and I was determined to be a low risk for repeating such an act. I've also volunteered my time keeping clock with the high school where my dad coaches girls basketball, and doing stats and score book on away games.  I had my parents and the high school athletic administrator write a letter of support for me as well.

Any counselor you are still seeing that could write a report?  No offense, but your parents and friends are not necessarily qualified to evaluate the possibilities of you re-offending - they are a little biased. 

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

Any counselor you are still seeing that could write a report?  No offense, but your parents and friends are not necessarily qualified to evaluate the possibilities of you re-offending - they are a little biased. 

Yeah, I already have a report from my counselor. I'm not seeing a counselor anymore as the incident happened 6 years ago, and I completed my court required low risk counseling successfully.  Yes, I only had my parents write a letter of support not to justify whether I'm going to re-offend again. But I also had the athletic administrator at the high school write a letter to verify that I have volunteered my time in the past 6 years keeping the clock at the home basketball games and stats at away games.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Ok-Mix1229 said:

Good luck to you OP.  Hope this all works out for you... 

Thanks, I appreciate it! Yes, me too!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.