msdiamond2171

New I-134A, Online Request to be a Supporter and Declaration of Financial Support- Verse K1Visa

144 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
9 minutes ago, K-9 Visa said:

That took four days. My suggestions:

1. I talked to an appraiser, he said to upload your county tax assessment instead of paying $650 and waiting two weeks for a home appraisal. He said that your tax assessment is a legal document providing a value for your home. In addition, upload the county assessor's page showing a picture of your house with your name listed as owner, in addition to the deed. My deed is hard to read, a bad photocopy of a lot of legal stuff. The county assessor's page looks nice.

2. In addition to your tax return (I uploaded ten forms!) go to the Social Security website. You'll see a nice document with a table showing your lifetime earnings by year. This gives a better picture of your income than a single year's tax return, especially for a business owner in a pandemic year.

3. The "Bank official's statement" will waste an hour of your branch manager's time if the bank doesn't have this as a pre-programmed letter. If you have multiple accounts and transfers funds between accounts the letter signed by the bank official will mean nothing. (Confusing account transfers and income is how Enron got in trouble.)

4. Question 18 stumped me, and it's not explained in the instructions. It asks what percent of your income will you spend on the beneficiary. I'll pay my mortgage and she'll live in my house. I'll put her on my health insurance and pay the bill each month. We'll go to the supermarket and I'll pay at the checkout. I put down 100% of my income will go to support my beautiful fiancee.

I feel like you are over analyzing things a little, but I don't know your financial situation or the background of your case. I wish you luck on your i-134a application. 

My situation was fairly straight forward. My salary alone is sufficient to show the ability to support. So I just grabbed my employment letter, last years tax transcript, last two paycheck stubs, bank letter (my credit union made that letter for me in like 5 minutes), passport photo, and for added measure I uploaded one of my brokerage accounts which I am sure wasn't necessary. I don't like complicating applications. Short, simple, to the point and hopefully they don't give me an RFE. If they do it's fine. 

I believe Question 18 is really just asking what is your total income and the total number of dependents you have. The interesting thing is the online application did not fill in any names on my application which I thought was wrong, because it should have at least put me there I thought. I am hoping USCIS just looks at the total income and number of dependents and understands that income number is my income (proved by my salary or tax transcripts) and then makes sure I qualify. If I did that wrong, that sucks. The application wasn't clear. 

3 hours ago, Boiler said:

I wondered how second citizenship and resident would work

It does not seem to be asked or have I missed it and what does resident mean,  is it defined?

Yeah it isn't as defined as it should be. I'd like to file but I don't want it to interfere with the K1 Visa we already have in place if they deny the parole. Does anyone know if there is a whatsapp group for Haitians doing the I-134A?

Edited by Romelus21

Timeline
11 minutes ago, wazzujoel said:

The interesting thing is the online application did not fill in any names on my application which I thought was wrong, because it should have at least put me there I thought. I am hoping USCIS just looks at the total income and number of dependents and understands that income number is my income (proved by my salary or tax transcripts) and then makes sure I qualify. If I did that wrong, that sucks. The application wasn't clear. 

Are you talking about question 23? I didn't fill that out until I reviewed my application and saw that it wasn't filled in.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, K-9 Visa said:

Are you talking about question 23? I didn't fill that out until I reviewed my application and saw that it wasn't filled in.

No I am talking about question 18 of part 3 which I assumed is what you were taking about also? no? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Romelus21 said:

Yeah it isn't as defined as it should be. I'd like to file but I don't want it to interfere with the K1 Visa we already have in place if they deny the parole. Does anyone know if there is a whatsapp group for Haitians doing the I-134A?

The Ukrainian version had residency requirements, and I have come across quite a few cases where that did not seem to apply but they had no issues.  

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Anyone see any progress on their I-134a case(s) today? I applied for my Cuban brother-in-law early morning of the 7th but nothing yet. Meanwhile, a friend of his who submitted on Sunday, the 8th has been approved and is already here in the US. How the heck is USCIS prioritizing these applications? Time to call and complain to my congressman. :)

Edited by Chris&Ale
Typos

Timeline

I’m wondering if now that the US has officially recognized Cuba as a country in crisis if uscis will accept this as good reason to approve an expedited request. I’m reading the i134a can take 90 days so maybe trying to expedite and wait out the i134a might be worth a shot. Our NOA1 date is 1/14/22 

Timeline

I am not aware of any such designation of a country in crisis. As an aside if there was Cuba would not make my top 10.

This is a Political program and an opportunity that seems obvious to take. Expedites are based on individual circumstances.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ngillet said:

I’m wondering if now that the US has officially recognized Cuba as a country in crisis if uscis will accept this as good reason to approve an expedited request. I’m reading the i134a can take 90 days so maybe trying to expedite and wait out the i134a might be worth a shot. Our NOA1 date is 1/14/22 

You can read the four reasons you make an expedite request at https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-1-part-a-chapter-5.

"Country in crisis" isn't one of the five reasons.

Timeline
23 hours ago, Chris&Ale said:

Anyone see any progress on their I-134a case(s) today? I applied for my Cuban brother-in-law early morning of the 7th but nothing yet. Meanwhile, a friend of his who submitted on Sunday, the 8th has been approved and is already here in the US. How the heck is USCIS prioritizing these applications? Time to call and complain to my congressman. :)

I applied for 134a on the 6th at around 4:30 PM.

What I am about to say might not be true... But What I understood is that they are generally going in order. However if a person submits one application on say the 6th at 10am, and then submits a second application on the 8th, and then a third application on the 9th.... Then when the first one gets its turn then it pulls in all the subsequent applications since they are all tied to the same person. This is a way of cutting down their workload. If this isn't true then I hate uscis. I probably hate them even if it is true. My cases are super straight forward and if someone there gave me like 5 minutes of their time my fiancée would have been approved months and months ago. Yet here I am just waiting to be reunited with my family, while these people at the USCIS are a disorganized mess. Super frustrating. 

Timeline

PS - I am tired of visiting Cuba. I've been there 12+ times in the last year and a half, and the country is a mess. It's exhausting trying to get there and get around, as well as quite expensive. I've spent probably a good 20k USD just on travel and visa related expenses.... Would be nice to be reunited with my partner and travel with her to more interesting places instead. 

Timeline

As a general comment if there is an obvious pattern on what basis cases are looked at I have yet to find it.

Timeline
56 minutes ago, wazzujoel said:

PS - I am tired of visiting Cuba. I've been there 12+ times in the last year and a half, and the country is a mess. It's exhausting trying to get there and get around, as well as quite expensive. I've spent probably a good 20k USD just on travel and visa related expenses.... Would be nice to be reunited with my partner and travel with her to more interesting places instead. 

I flew to Holguin (via Toronto) in July. I was super excited about visiting el Parque Nacional La Mensura. You can stay at an eco-resort, hike to Cuba's highest waterfall, hire a guide for the best birdwatching on the island, etc. Only 100 km from Holguin. But there was no transportation. No gas for taxis. No 4WD to get up the mountain. Holguin is a lovely city and I enjoyed being with my fiancee and I even did some birdwatching from the terraza of the casa particular but, yes, Cuba is a mess to get anywhere. I'll attach a picture of Gray Kingbirds.

DSC00457.jpg

Timeline

Nice photo! Yes, I do enjoy the charm of Cuba, but I am just a little tired of traveling so much, and the options for vacationing elsewhere is pretty limited. I took my fiancée to Trinidad and Tobago last June because it's Visa free option available for Cubans. It was her first time leaving the country... Wish there were other easy options. But hopefully this process ends soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.