cedar

Notification of noa1 to noa2

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Does anyone know currently how long it takes uscis to notify someone who has filed an i129f of its moving from Noa1 to Noa2 status, and moving to NVC? I have a friend that sent his papers in Sept 23rd 2021, and was told he could expect to move to NVC on December 23rd. He still hasn't heard anything and Visa Journey says California is up to Oct 5th with k1 applications. 

Where do you see what month the service centers are in? I heard Nov21 but have been trying to find out where in the world to check that part.. Dec2021 here 😫

Timeline

Check immigration times lines and scroll down to k1 visa trends. It gives a list of which service centers are at what point in processing i129f. California is at Oct 5th 2021 as of this morning.  Vermont is well into this year, going much faster. I wish mine was sent there🤨

On 12/30/2022 at 10:42 PM, cedar said:

Check immigration times lines and scroll down to k1 visa trends. It gives a list of which service centers are at what point in processing i129f. California is at Oct 5th 2021 as of this morning.  Vermont is well into this year, going much faster. I wish mine was sent there🤨

Really?  The only I-129f petitions sent to Vermont are the ones with criminal backgrounds involving certain crimes.  And I assure you they sit there for much longer.

Timeline

Oh? I didn't know anything about that. I assumed that Vermont and other east coast centers handled k1 and other visa cases from that side of the country and California and Texas etc handled West coast. It just seems surprising that Vermont and Nebraska are already going over petitions that they recieve today ( or it seems this is the case by the figures.) Whereas California is one of the slowest centers ( maybe because they have many more cases sent to them) to process through i129f.

I'm still new in the process, just 7 months since uscis accepted as of yesterday. 8 or 9 months at least before they even get to mine. 

I have friends that the entire time from submission to interview was 9 months, but that was 6 or 7 years ago. Can't help when you find the one you love, just makes it more difficult to be patient 🙁

17 hours ago, cedar said:

Whereas California is one of the slowest centers ( maybe because they have many more cases sent to them) to process through i129f.

Most I-129F for K1 are processed in California, with a few sent to Vermont, as mentioned above.  The I-129F processing time at other service centers would be irrelevant to those on K1, as those other SCs process I-129F for K3 -- https://www.uscis.gov/forms/all-forms/service-center-forms-processing

On 1/3/2023 at 8:12 PM, cedar said:

Oh? I didn't know anything about that. I assumed that Vermont and other east coast centers handled k1 and other visa cases from that side of the country and California and Texas etc handled West coast. It just seems surprising that Vermont and Nebraska are already going over petitions that they recieve today ( or it seems this is the case by the figures.) Whereas California is one of the slowest centers ( maybe because they have many more cases sent to them) to process through i129f.

I'm still new in the process, just 7 months since uscis accepted as of yesterday. 8 or 9 months at least before they even get to mine. 

I have friends that the entire time from submission to interview was 9 months, but that was 6 or 7 years ago. Can't help when you find the one you love, just makes it more difficult to be patient 🙁

Lots has changed in that 6 or 7 years.

99% of 1-129F petitions for K-1s are adjudicated at California.  There is no connection to the state of residence of the petitioner.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.