cleverkat

I-751 has been pending for over five years!

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I sent I-751 in April of 2002 (after divorce with my ex), in August of 2004 I had an interview to remove the conditions. I had all documents-a whole package of them (we even lived with his mother during the marriage). I was interviwed by a nasty Officer, who kept telling me that I wan`t married for real. I got mad because I WAS married for real, and after he repeated it five or more times, I responded that he just didn`t like me, that`s why he is treating me like that. I don`t know if that was the way he was doing all interviews, but mine was a nightmare. After I told him that, he said that my interview had been terminated, and that I`d receive an answer in the mail. That was in August of 2004. I was waiting and going to my local office once every two months. One year had passed-nobody responded to my requests, two years-still nobody gave me an answer on what`s going on. They just stamped my passport with I-551. Meanwhile, after 2.5 years of wait, I sent N-400 (couple of officers suggested to do that)-that was in December of 2006 when they cashed my check. I contacted President, Vice President, Congressman for my matter, and the only thing I see was done-was scheduling me for fingerprints (seven+ months later!). Still-no word on how in the bloody hell my case has been pending for over five years.

Several days ago, I called CS and spoke to a nice officer, who felt for me. After checking, she informed me that my case has been approved just recently (same day when my invitation for fingerprints was made out). You don`t know how emotional I had became, I thanked her very much, and she told me the steps I need to do now. She informed me that it was possible that it was approved in the day of the interview, but fopr some reasons, it was hidden. Since they had problems with my address (when you move and your I-751 has been filed-they can`t change the address), I called a couple of days later to make sure that I wasn`t missing anything to get my card sooner. Get ready for this: I got another officer, who told me that my case is still pending, and that he needed to go home (???) I was schocked, but called again. Got another officer, who lost it after I asked her how could it possibly be that I was receiving different info on my case. She started to scream. I asked her to transfer me to a manager, and she said that she is the highest one I could get. During the conversation, I remember she didn`t give me an accurate info on other questions. I called again, in hope I get a decent knowledgable person. It was almost 5PM, and CSR told me that she wasn`t able to transfer me to them. I asked why-did they go home? She just kept repeating that she is unable to transfer me. Ok, I called next morning-still no luck of getting that first officer. I got another one, she was professional, but also told me that my case was pending.

My head is exploding-what is going on?? I know that that interviewing officer (and he is a former immigrant himself with a heavy accent!!) plays the major part in my "luck"-I recently got a letter with my perfectly fine receipt number (CSR made a request to Orlando office) saying that the receipt number is not valid. Well, it is for everybody else.

Any ideas or suggestions on what do I need to do? An attorney told me that he couldn`t do anything-unless it was denied. What else can I do? Is there anything else? Can anybody involved be accountable for this? Thank you for taking your time to read about my battle.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent I-751 in April of 2002 (after divorce with my ex), in August of 2004 I had an interview to remove the conditions. I had all documents-a whole package of them (we even lived with his mother during the marriage). I was interviwed by a nasty Officer, who kept telling me that I wan`t married for real. I got mad because I WAS married for real, and after he repeated it five or more times, I responded that he just didn`t like me, that`s why he is treating me like that. I don`t know if that was the way he was doing all interviews, but mine was a nightmare. After I told him that, he said that my interview had been terminated, and that I`d receive an answer in the mail. That was in August of 2004. I was waiting and going to my local office once every two months. One year had passed-nobody responded to my requests, two years-still nobody gave me an answer on what`s going on. They just stamped my passport with I-551. Meanwhile, after 2.5 years of wait, I sent N-400 (couple of officers suggested to do that)-that was in December of 2006 when they cashed my check. I contacted President, Vice President, Congressman for my matter, and the only thing I see was done-was scheduling me for fingerprints (seven+ months later!). Still-no word on how in the bloody hell my case has been pending for over five years.

Several days ago, I called CS and spoke to a nice officer, who felt for me. After checking, she informed me that my case has been approved just recently (same day when my invitation for fingerprints was made out). You don`t know how emotional I had became, I thanked her very much, and she told me the steps I need to do now. She informed me that it was possible that it was approved in the day of the interview, but fopr some reasons, it was hidden. Since they had problems with my address (when you move and your I-751 has been filed-they can`t change the address), I called a couple of days later to make sure that I wasn`t missing anything to get my card sooner. Get ready for this: I got another officer, who told me that my case is still pending, and that he needed to go home (???) I was schocked, but called again. Got another officer, who lost it after I asked her how could it possibly be that I was receiving different info on my case. She started to scream. I asked her to transfer me to a manager, and she said that she is the highest one I could get. During the conversation, I remember she didn`t give me an accurate info on other questions. I called again, in hope I get a decent knowledgable person. It was almost 5PM, and CSR told me that she wasn`t able to transfer me to them. I asked why-did they go home? She just kept repeating that she is unable to transfer me. Ok, I called next morning-still no luck of getting that first officer. I got another one, she was professional, but also told me that my case was pending.

My head is exploding-what is going on?? I know that that interviewing officer (and he is a former immigrant himself with a heavy accent!!) plays the major part in my "luck"-I recently got a letter with my perfectly fine receipt number (CSR made a request to Orlando office) saying that the receipt number is not valid. Well, it is for everybody else.

Any ideas or suggestions on what do I need to do? An attorney told me that he couldn`t do anything-unless it was denied. What else can I do? Is there anything else? Can anybody involved be accountable for this? Thank you for taking your time to read about my battle.

WOW!!! And I thought I had a tough time!

There is something you can fill out and submit that requires USCIS to give exact details of your case.

I think you can do so if USCIS hasn't disclosed what's happening within 6 months.

Sorry I don't know the details.

Maybe someone else here does.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Ask an immigration attorney about a Writ of Mandamus.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

WOW!!! And I thought I had a tough time!

There is something you can fill out and submit that requires USCIS to give exact details of your case.

I think you can do so if USCIS hasn't disclosed what's happening within 6 months.

Sorry I don't know the details.

Maybe someone else here does.

I filed several different requests at my local office and over the phone with CSR, plus Congressman receives my requests pretty frequently, but there was no respond on what is going on-no one gave an answer and no one get accountable for that either. You know, that officer who told me it was approved, checked my file and told me that it was travelling from Orlando to Miami to Texas, she was the only one who actually told me that. Any thoughts on the different answers from officers (approved-still pending)?

Try this link!

USCIS Freedom of Information Act!!

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

My own thoughts about different answers are: 1- that first officer knew were to look and rest of them are just getting paid for sitting in their offices; 2-she was sicko and enjoyed when people get different story from other officers (I wouldn`t be surprised-I know that interviewing officer is one of those sickos who likes to humiliate people); 3-it was approved, but went back to pending (is it possible?)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I would contact your state senator by using their online privacy form. Fill it out with a short summary and request for assistance. (Since your congressman isn't helping, I would move on. And there is certainly no point in wasting time writing to the President or Vice President when your local elected officials have immigration liaisons and congressional fax numbers and contact people. ) Fax the form and call to follow up and get the name of the person assigned to your case as well as direct phone number and email. Stay on top of them. If you find that person is not helpful (like your congressman's contact) or isn't interested, contact another location of the senator's office or the other senator. I would not pay attention to anything the USCIS misinformation line tells you. Go through your senator and hope for the best.

kitkat1,

Thank you. As a matter of fact, I got that form from Congressman office on Friday, and I am about to fax it.

Another question-how would my pending I-751 will affect N-400? I`ve heard that since they had passed all reasonable times with I-751, they`ll automatically approve it during the N-400 test, not sure how truthful it is. I guess they can`t just deny something-they have to prove wrong-that`s why they tempt me with pending status?

Filed: Country: Chile
Timeline

The email I am going to provide you it is an DHS official. She help me in all my I-4885 case and always was right...right an email to her with your story, A# and Case#....she will anwser you after a few days... good luck..

Dora.Hernandez@dhs.gov

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.