Thecorkman

Filipina cupid K1

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/23/2022 at 12:31 PM, daniel joyce said:

What has been your experience with Filipina Cupid?

They don't seem to be current with the up-dates they provide.

Saying 6 to 8 months for 1-129f.

USCIS says 15.5 months.

(May4 NOA1)

D

Honestly, I don't know. What had taken under a year is now almost two years depending on who you talk too...  My NOA1 is Feb 7 2022 for K1. I just keep waiting - like everyone else!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 12/20/2022 at 4:03 PM, Kurt and Kristina said:

At the request of my lawyer, we submitted a completed I-134 with my I-129f. Although it was agreed upon that it is not necessary, the lawyer had good history including the declaration for past I129f submissions. 

Now, all that said, I have never done this before and all the advice I was told is 'the burden of proof is on the petitioner for the I-129f and beneficiary for the DS-160 (K1 visa)' so, our I-129f package was comprehensive and detailed making very clear that we: Met in the last two years, Are legally able to marry, Fully intend on getting married within the 90 day window, Petitioner can provide for beneficiary, and our relationship is strong and on-going. (500+ pages later... 😄)

This seems ridiculous and if I was at USCIS I would want to RFE your submission and ask you to submit a reasonable packet that only included what was asked for. My submission was 35 pages for reference and I included only what the i-129F packet asked for. Cover letter, 13 pages of completed and signed i-129F application, 2 signed letters of intent, two passport style photos, My birth certificate, G-1145, divorce decree for petitioner, divorce decree for beneficiary + translation + translation certification, evidence of meeting in the last two years which included airfare boarding passes, photo of passport stamps, hotel receipts, 5-6 time stamped photos of us together. 500+ pages is a daunting submission that will cause the agent to have to hunt for the relevant parts to make a determination. You've made their job very hard, and I would imagine they will be grumpy handling your bug killing packet. 

Good luck though. wish you luck in your journey.     

Timeline
3 hours ago, wazzujoel said:

This seems ridiculous and if I was at USCIS I would want to RFE your submission and ask you to submit a reasonable packet that only included what was asked for. My submission was 35 pages for reference and I included only what the i-129F packet asked for. Cover letter, 13 pages of completed and signed i-129F application, 2 signed letters of intent, two passport style photos, My birth certificate, G-1145, divorce decree for petitioner, divorce decree for beneficiary + translation + translation certification, evidence of meeting in the last two years which included airfare boarding passes, photo of passport stamps, hotel receipts, 5-6 time stamped photos of us together. 500+ pages is a daunting submission that will cause the agent to have to hunt for the relevant parts to make a determination. You've made their job very hard, and I would imagine they will be grumpy handling your bug killing packet. 

Good luck though. wish you luck in your journey.     

Thank you for the editorial and I am delighted that you were able to submit successfully.

I had not found this site yet and was working from a patch work of information, that said, all of my packet was indexed and numbered allowing the agent to quickly move to the relevant location for information.

Oh, and I guess I am glad that you are not the reviewing agent, and that is 'step stool packet', not 'bug killing packet'.   :D 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Let's belay the lecturing and bickering, please.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
On 12/20/2022 at 10:44 PM, Thecorkman said:

Thanks k&K! As a matter of interest…… how much was the lawyer? I got quotes of $3500 to $6500!! How long did the process take?

I used an agency that specializes in K-1/CR-1 petitions for the Philippines. They are paralegals.   They were only $600 and worth every penny, better than the lawyer I had too.  They don't legally represent you, or submit it, but they fill it out, answer every question you have, and explain exactly what you need to submit and what not to submit.The price even includes a practice K-1 interview when the time comes.  It was extremely helpful since my K-1 case was complex for multiple reasons.  In fact, I even my lawyer (this was  through my legal plan which covers the review of legal documents, but not representation), The lawyer said it was great but had some suggestions. The agency explained why the lawyer's suggestions are bad, risky and would likely screw everything up and create very long delays. 

If I wanted this lawyer, who specializes and solely does immigration, to actually sign the form representing me, and submit it,  it would have been about $4K. I also found Internet lawyers who specialize in K-1 seem to charge about $1200 or so, and they will sign it and submit it as well.  If you can follow instructions and don't mind doing the final assembly and submission, I found this agency perfect for my complex case.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply.  I am happy with Filipina Cupid, because I found my other half!  15.5 months seems more realistic.

Corkman

Timeline
On 12/27/2022 at 6:16 PM, W199 said:

I used an agency that specializes in K-1/CR-1 petitions for the Philippines. They are paralegals.   They were only $600 and worth every penny, better than the lawyer I had too.  They don't legally represent you, or submit it, but they fill it out, answer every question you have, and explain exactly what you need to submit and what not to submit.The price even includes a practice K-1 interview when the time comes.  It was extremely helpful since my K-1 case was complex for multiple reasons.  In fact, I even my lawyer (this was  through my legal plan which covers the review of legal documents, but not representation), The lawyer said it was great but had some suggestions. The agency explained why the lawyer's suggestions are bad, risky and would likely screw everything up and create very long delays. 

If I wanted this lawyer, who specializes and solely does immigration, to actually sign the form representing me, and submit it,  it would have been about $4K. I also found Internet lawyers who specialize in K-1 seem to charge about $1200 or so, and they will sign it and submit it as well.  If you can follow instructions and don't mind doing the final assembly and submission, I found this agency perfect for my complex case.

What is the name of this agency? Corkman

Timeline
On 12/20/2022 at 7:50 PM, TBoneTX said:

Many threads in these forums talk about the positives and negatives of using a lawyer.  If your case is straightforward, you can probably handle things yourself; if there are red flags, or you lack time or wherewithal to complete the papers yourself, consider a visa-assistance firm.

One, a VJ partner, is Platinum Immigration Services:

https://www.visajourney.com/partners/platinum-immigration-services/

Platinum has a stellar record of responsiveness and performance.  I suggest that you contact them.

Of note, I have no conflict of interest in making this recommendation.

Hello,

Have many here used Platinum Immigration Services?  I cannot seem to see reviews. Corkman

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.