Eduh

Nairobi, Kenya DQ to interview wait time

256 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
3 hours ago, KESA said:

I think when they put E3 they must mean all the employment third preference categories (E31, E32, etc.)? I thought they meant Australians at first too but that would just be so random 😂 But I still have no idea why they would process so many in that category last month? 

We were so pissed when we saw this yesterday. It's really hard to wait this long, but it's even worse to watch as they continue to prioritize other categories (that are LOWER priority categories than us!) and not care that the backlog for us just continues to grow... it's so infuriating.

I agree completely, we are waiting to be dq’d now and we’re so disappointed with the wait times people are reporting. Then to see that they are doing so few month after month while doing hundreds in other categories is very disheartening. They did do over 100 cr1/ir1 in march 2022 so we pray they pick up the pace!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Nesah said:

I agree completely, we are waiting to be dq’d now and we’re so disappointed with the wait times people are reporting. Then to see that they are doing so few month after month while doing hundreds in other categories is very disheartening. They did do over 100 cr1/ir1 in march 2022 so we pray they pick up the pace!

That's exactly how I felt back in Nov 2022 when I first made this post. I started learning of the time frames and got instantly depressed, seeking out as much info as I could. This is outrageous as so many lives are just being put on hold, and for what purpose? This only makes us angry and frustrated with the output from this embassy. I have joined Twitter just to try to make noise. I post on Reddit on Facebook immigration groups.. there's a new Ambassador I hear but apparently it's gotten worse for immigrant visas. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Zahra12345 said:

Kenya US Immigrant Visa Journeys (K1/IR1/CR1/F2A

This is the fb group I follow. Yes I will let you know as soon as my husband receives an interview @Eduh

I'm in the same group with many others from Lawfully and whatsapp. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 2/15/2023 at 6:40 AM, KESA said:

let me know if you guys end up doing something! I've just started tweeting at the US Embassy in Nairobi and the US Ambassador to Kenya, hoping I can annoy and/or public shame them into picking up the pace lol 

(their handles are @USEmbassyKenya @USAmbKenya if anyone's interested in doing the same)

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=dFDPZv5a0UimkaErISH0S1O31Cp_wttOhjTgJR1RtwhURFlVRlhTTzhRS0VJVFBGT0k2UDRRSDk5TCQlQCN0PWcu

The embassy is holding a town hall on 17th march. You could try see if they'll answer questions about the delays etc...

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Wagzy said:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=dFDPZv5a0UimkaErISH0S1O31Cp_wttOhjTgJR1RtwhURFlVRlhTTzhRS0VJVFBGT0k2UDRRSDk5TCQlQCN0PWcu

The embassy is holding a town hall on 17th march. You could try see if they'll answer questions about the delays etc...

I registered yesterday! I'm asking if they have a plan to reduce the backlog for IR visas (my question below):

"Hello - Can you please speak to the embassy's plan to reduce the backlog for Immediate Relatives of US Citizen visa interviews? Current wait times are well over a year. In January (the last month this data is available as of today) there were over 500 E3 visas processed, but only 49 IR visas processed (a 27% decrease from last month, and a 66% YoY decrease).

The backlog and wait times for Immediate Relatives has been growing, while processing numbers for this visa class continues to decline. Is there a plan to process 1000+ Immediate Relative applications, like the embassy did for DV applicants back in September?"

It's going to be at 4:30am US east coast time lol so should be an early morning. 

If anyone else wants to submit a question, it might increase the odds they actually address one of our questions if there's a few submissions on this topic! 

Timeline
On 3/4/2023 at 7:39 AM, KESA said:

I registered yesterday! I'm asking if they have a plan to reduce the backlog for IR visas (my question below):

"Hello - Can you please speak to the embassy's plan to reduce the backlog for Immediate Relatives of US Citizen visa interviews? Current wait times are well over a year. In January (the last month this data is available as of today) there were over 500 E3 visas processed, but only 49 IR visas processed (a 27% decrease from last month, and a 66% YoY decrease).

The backlog and wait times for Immediate Relatives has been growing, while processing numbers for this visa class continues to decline. Is there a plan to process 1000+ Immediate Relative applications, like the embassy did for DV applicants back in September?"

It's going to be at 4:30am US east coast time lol so should be an early morning. 

If anyone else wants to submit a question, it might increase the odds they actually address one of our questions if there's a few submissions on this topic! 

I just submitted the form too! That's 1:30 pacific time where I am lol and I am asking some of the same questions. Thanks for this posting this info for us all to be able to participate! Let's do all we can to try to get some transparency going..

Timeline

I would be cautious about submitting your personal information on that link. I’m unable to find any info about a town hall meeting on the embassy website and that link is not a part of the embassy website.

Timeline
15 hours ago, Nesah said:

I would be cautious about submitting your personal information on that link. I’m unable to find any info about a town hall meeting on the embassy website and that link is not a part of the embassy website.

Thanks for the caution.. we're just trying to be as proactive as possible as this process is extremely painful. 

Timeline
On 3/11/2023 at 5:01 AM, Nesah said:

Someone else was concerned about that on a different platform but got assurance from a citizen who has used that link before. She said they receive emails later on from the embassy with a zoom link. Only for citizens

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Wagzy said:

Someone else was concerned about that on a different platform but got assurance from a citizen who has used that link before. She said they receive emails later on from the embassy with a zoom link. Only for citizens

Thank you so much for this update😊

Filed: IR-2 Country: Kenya
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Truserenity11 said:

Thank you so much for this update😊

I seen "thank you for this update " and clicked on this so fast thinking it was an update on IL updates. 😔 but thanks. Patience is my middle name now lol

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Eduh said:

I seen "thank you for this update " and clicked on this so fast thinking it was an update on IL updates. 😔 but thanks. Patience is my middle name now lol

Sorry for racking your nerves so early in the week.. I’m the same way tho. I don’t know what patience is anymore 😔

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.