Eduh

Nairobi, Kenya DQ to interview wait time

256 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 hours ago, Truserenity11 said:

I was speaking to my husband and saw posted somewhere that we should gather together and send an collective email to the new ambassador? Thoughts?

Count me in 

Timeline
On 2/11/2023 at 12:15 PM, Truserenity11 said:

I was speaking to my husband and saw posted somewhere that we should gather together and send an collective email to the new ambassador? Thoughts?

let me know if you guys end up doing something! I've just started tweeting at the US Embassy in Nairobi and the US Ambassador to Kenya, hoping I can annoy and/or public shame them into picking up the pace lol 

(their handles are @USEmbassyKenya @USAmbKenya if anyone's interested in doing the same)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
12 hours ago, KESA said:

let me know if you guys end up doing something! I've just started tweeting at the US Embassy in Nairobi and the US Ambassador to Kenya, hoping I can annoy and/or public shame them into picking up the pace lol 

(their handles are @USEmbassyKenya @USAmbKenya if anyone's interested in doing the same)

Unfortunately I personally don’t have Twitter but what I’m presently doing is drafting an expedite request to see where that lands me at this point. I’ve just made 2 yrs married so now converted to IR-1. We also made 90 days from the date of DQ so I figure I can begin bothering them now as I’ve allowed the allotted time frame to wait. I’ve had to fight all the way thru this entire immigration process from the very beginning, when it’s simply 2 people from 2 different continents who have a burning desire to be together and try to live life happily ever after as I’m in my 50s now, self employed, and I’M READY TO BE WITH MY HUSBAND!! 

WTS, I am hoping others will use those handles you provided and in addition we should try to email as much as possible directly to the ambassador if possible. I think it’s definitely time to make some noise as this is outrageous. Other embassies across the world are working more efficiently than Nairobi obviously or we wouldn’t be here so frustrated!

Edited by Truserenity11

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Truserenity11 said:

Unfortunately I personally don’t have Twitter but what I’m presently doing is drafting an expedite request to see where that lands me at this point. I’ve just made 2 yrs married so now converted to IR-1. We also made 90 days from the date of DQ so I figure I can begin bothering them now as I’ve allowed the allotted time frame to wait. I’ve had to fight all the way thru this entire immigration process from the very beginning, when it’s simply 2 people from 2 different continents who have a burning desire to be together and try to live life happily ever after as I’m in my 50s now, self employed, and I’M READY TO BE WITH MY HUSBAND!! 

WTS, I am hoping others will use those handles you provided and in addition we should try to email as much as possible directly to the ambassador if possible. I think it’s definitely time to make some noise as this is outrageous. Other embassies across the world are working more efficiently than Nairobi obviously or we wouldn’t be here so frustrated!

Good luck! We never tried the expedition request - so definitely curious to hear if that works 🤞

My plan is to just tweet them daily (either as comments to tweets on their page or just by tagging them in any relevant tweets/replies). I had an old account I hadn't used since 2016, so I just deleted any old posts and repurposed as an immigration account lol. It probably won't do anything, but I figure it can't hurt to at least leave a paper trail calling attention to how terrible slow they're moving. 

C97AB2D4-4060-4CB1-A41C-D406D4D37291.jpeg.d4568fe487e02cf3047ca37fdec5e03e.jpeg

Also: I did see one tweet saying that the latest interview conducted were people DQ'ed Jan 4-6th 2022. If that's accurate, that would suggest the current backlog is ~13.5 months... I guess we'll see. If that's right, then @Eduh should be hearing within the next month?

Filed: IR-2 Country: Kenya
Timeline
19 minutes ago, KESA said:

Good luck! We never tried the expedition request - so definitely curious to hear if that works 🤞

My plan is to just tweet them daily (either as comments to tweets on their page or just by tagging them in any relevant tweets/replies). I had an old account I hadn't used since 2016, so I just deleted any old posts and repurposed as an immigration account lol. It probably won't do anything, but I figure it can't hurt to at least leave a paper trail calling attention to how terrible slow they're moving. 

C97AB2D4-4060-4CB1-A41C-D406D4D37291.jpeg.d4568fe487e02cf3047ca37fdec5e03e.jpeg

Also: I did see one tweet saying that the latest interview conducted were people DQ'ed Jan 4-6th 2022. If that's accurate, that would suggest the current backlog is ~13.5 months... I guess we'll see. If that's right, then @Eduh should be hearing within the next month?

I really hope so. I'm getting tired of this anxiety of new email notifications daily hoping it's from NVC. I'll definitely update here as soon as I get IL. 12.5 months and counting.  🤨🫤☹️

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Hames’ said:

I just joined twitter too, for the sole purpose of getting ‘making some noise’

I may have to figure it out just for this purpose as well. 

Timeline
On 2/15/2023 at 7:41 PM, Truserenity11 said:

I may have to figure it out just for this purpose as well. 

Ok my expedite has been denied which I expected that, and they surely respond FAST with the denial. So why aren’t they responding so quickly to immigrant visa interviews! It’s time to make some noise. I will be finding out email addresses and will join Twitter. We need to all do this collectively in order to be heard. If you say nothing, nothing will happen. 

Edited by Truserenity11

Timeline
4 hours ago, Truserenity11 said:

Ok my expedite has been denied which I expected that, and they surely respond FAST with the denial. So why aren’t they responding so quickly to immigrant visa interviews! It’s time to make some noise. I will be finding out email addresses and will join Twitter. We need to all do this collectively in order to be heard. If you say nothing, nothing will happen. 

I am now also on Twitter and hopefully I’m doing this right! I’m Truserenity11 in case anyone is on Twitter and can help make some noise!

Edited by Truserenity11

Timeline

I was DQ'd in Dec '22, so am not even gonna complain. I hope the backlog clears fast for everyone in the waiting list. My wife will loose it though when she reads what the timelines look like. We do a minimum of 2hrs FaceTime twice a day, everyday......

Just so that I understand, the CR-1 automatically adjusts to IR-1 category if 2yrs of marriage lapse before the interview? 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Wagzy said:

Just so that I understand, the CR-1 automatically adjusts to IR-1 category if 2yrs of marriage lapse before the interview? 

Yes, exactly. Our two year anniversary was Dec'22 and our 'visa class' status on the CEAC page just auto-updated from CR1 to IR1 without us doing anything. 

Timeline
13 hours ago, Wagzy said:

I was DQ'd in Dec '22, so am not even gonna complain. I hope the backlog clears fast for everyone in the waiting list. My wife will loose it though when she reads what the timelines look like. We do a minimum of 2hrs FaceTime twice a day, everyday......

Yea I’m the wife in this situation and the USC and I’m the one who’s having the hardest time with this waiting. Yes you are correct. Once you surpass 2 years of marriage it will automatically convert to IR-1. We talk on WhatsApp twice a day.. I’m also planning my first trip back to visit him after 2 years of marriage and almost 2 years of this process. June will be 2 years since the petition. 

Edited by Truserenity11

Timeline
3 hours ago, KESA said:

Yes, exactly. Our two year anniversary was Dec'22 and our 'visa class' status on the CEAC page just auto-updated from CR1 to IR1 without us doing anything. 

Let go check mine..I didn’t think about that. It surely did change! Married Feb 12, 2021 and the status is now IR1.

Edited by Truserenity11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.