Eduh

Nairobi, Kenya DQ to interview wait time

257 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
14 hours ago, Wagzy said:

I was DQ'd in Dec '22, so am not even gonna complain. I hope the backlog clears fast for everyone in the waiting list. My wife will loose it though when she reads what the timelines look like. We do a minimum of 2hrs FaceTime twice a day, everyday......

Just so that I understand, the CR-1 automatically adjusts to IR-1 category if 2yrs of marriage lapse before the interview? 

I think I know the frustrations you are going through. Never easy. I really hope you get those emails by end month. NVC didn't take so long, about 6 weeks for me. Was hoping for the email soon until I came across this forum....Sad but very helpful

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

They issued a whopping 17 ir1 visas and 0 cr1 visas in January 2023. This is a decline versus January 2022 when they issued a total of 56 cr1/ir1 visas. Very disappointing!!!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Nesah said:

They issued a whopping 17 ir1 visas and 0 cr1 visas in January 2023. This is a decline versus January 2022 when they issued a total of 56 cr1/ir1 visas. Very disappointing!!!

Very, but not surprising. Do you know what DQ date the 17 IR1's were issued for?

Timeline
On 2/21/2023 at 9:56 AM, Wagzy said:

I think I know the frustrations you are going through. Never easy. I really hope you get those emails by end month. NVC didn't take so long, about 6 weeks for me. Was hoping for the email soon until I came across this forum....Sad but very helpful

Yes I was DQd Nov 2022.. it's so depressing each day waking up KNOWING you are no where close to seeing your loved ones again.. I wish Nairobi embassy would pick up the pace 😪

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Truserenity11 said:

Very, but not surprising. Do you know what DQ date the 17 IR1's were issued for?

This is a decline even from Dec 2022.

Timeline

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html
the info can be found here. I am very confused that it says they granted 543 e3 visas. When I look this up it says it is an Australian professional specialty visa and you gave to be an Australian to qualify. If this is accurate why in the world would they go through Nairobi?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Nesah said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html
the info can be found here. I am very confused that it says they granted 543 e3 visas. When I look this up it says it is an Australian professional specialty visa and you gave to be an Australian to qualify. If this is accurate why in the world would they go through Nairobi?

I don't even see E3 as a category on the list of visa types. WTH !! SO DISGUSTING I SWEAR!! So depressing..

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Truserenity11 said:

Yes I was DQd Nov 2022.. it's so depressing each day waking up KNOWING you are no where close to seeing your loved ones again.. I wish Nairobi embassy would pick up the pace 😪

I really hope they pick up the pace, especially for folks who've been waiting for over 12 months for IL. Wifey cannot wrap her mind around the thought of coming over for summer then having to leave me behind....which if the current numbers are anything to work with, there's a high possibility 😪

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Nesah said:

I think when they put E3 they must mean all the employment third preference categories (E31, E32, etc.)? I thought they meant Australians at first too but that would just be so random 😂 But I still have no idea why they would process so many in that category last month? 

47 minutes ago, Nesah said:

We were so pissed when we saw this yesterday. It's really hard to wait this long, but it's even worse to watch as they continue to prioritize other categories (that are LOWER priority categories than us!) and not care that the backlog for us just continues to grow... it's so infuriating.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Wagzy said:

I really hope they pick up the pace, especially for folks who've been waiting for over 12 months for IL. Wifey cannot wrap her mind around the thought of coming over for summer then having to leave me behind....which if the current numbers are anything to work with, there's a high possibility 😪

This is what I'm trying to do.. visit my husband and I'm getting grief trying to access my own money here!! They are requesting for him to visit an embassy for a notarized document but my husband is in Uganda and the embassy there says they are working on the notary services.. I'm a notary myself! This is just the worst. 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Kenya
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Zahra12345 said:

Hey folks! I have been following along! I am also on a fb group and people are saying they are working on cases DQ January 2022 not sure if that is accurate. I hope so bc I was DQd feb 2022

Whats the Facebook page? I also have a DQ date of Feb 2022. Let me know soon as you get your IL. I'll reciprocate 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Eduh said:

Whats the Facebook page? I also have a DQ date of Feb 2022. Let me know soon as you get your IL. I'll reciprocate 

I too, am part of a Facebook group who discusses this very thing. They have been working on Jan 2022 for months now, since Sept 2022 last I heard. The recent IR1 processed in Nairobi were 17 and I believe those may also be from Jan 2022, but we're not sure. It's still outrageously slow..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.