MADE24

Aged out (merged)

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Two duplicate threads have been removed. Please do not start more than one thread for the same or related topic. Thread also moved to Bringing Family of PR to America~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 12/15/2022 at 1:21 PM, MADE24 said:

Hello guys, so I went to the consulate today and was denied because according to the consular officer. I aged out of my visa type which is f2A now f2b

An unmarried child of a LPR 

the thing is I filed for the cspa law a year ago and I was approved but for them to deny it at the embassy is confusing. What do I do?

What is your pd date 

• 7 months later...

Hello everyone, I started my immigration journey back in 2017 February as a student in the United States then my mum filed for me, fast toward a couple of years my adjustment of status was denied due to me being out of status and I had to leave the United States to Canada then I continued  my application with the NVC after submitting all documents a couple of month before I was due for interview they transferred my visa category from F2A to F2B and close the CEAC I was confused then I wrote to them using the CPSA calculation process for my case then it was re opened because I was a minor when my application started… couple of months after I went for my interview and was denied because I had outgrown my visa category and I was now permanently transferred to F2B even though the NVC initially approved it, I was told by the consulate officer that I have to wait until there is a visa current for that category then I could send in my  documents….my question is looking at the visa bulletin the filling dates are in Jan 2017 and my priority date is Feb 9 2017 so I wait until the fiscal year before I email the embassy or the NVC because the last time I emailed the nvc they told me it case was now with the embassy there was nothing they can do…. Or am I going to start all over and wait till the final action date is in 2017? 
please help I’m starting to get frustrated and depressed 

36AFCBFB-9217-40B1-BA02-EEF624E366CD.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

F2b is 2015

Did you also incur a ban for illegal presence?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

5 hours ago, Boiler said:

F2b is 2015

Did you also incur a ban for illegal presence?

No I didn’t I left before 180 days was up and while I was at the interview I wasn’t asked anything about that neither did the consular mark a waiver on my 221g

I was looking at the visa bulletin and noticed there’s a final action date and a date for filing 

I thought the final action date which is year 2015 is for the final stage while the Date for filing is for the beginning of the process like submitting documents etc is with the NVC.

• Ontarkie changed the title to Aged out (merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Related threads merged. Please keep additional questions on this topic to this thread. It helps members when all the information is in one place.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You are not filing to adjust you are Consulate processing so you are now just waiting for your PD to be current 

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

39 minutes ago, MADE24 said:

I thought the final action date which is year 2015 is for the final stage while the Date for filing is for the beginning of the process like submitting documents etc is with the NVC.

You're already at the visa interview stage, so Table A is the relevant section of the visa bulletin in your case.  F2B current PD is 22 Sep 2015, based on the Sep 2023 bulletin (assuming you're not from Mexico or the Philippines).

Edited by Chancy
clarification

28 minutes ago, Boiler said:

You are not filing to adjust you are Consulate processing so you are now just waiting for your PD to be current 

So I have to wait till the priority date becomes current?

I have siblings that haven’t started their process yet does the dates for filing apply to them? They are back home in my home country 

1 minute ago, Chancy said:

You're already at the visa interview stage, so Table A is the relevant section of the visa bulletin in your case.  F2B current PD is 22 Sep 2015, based on the Sep 2023 bulletin (assuming you're not from Mexico or the Philippines).

Thank you, I’m from Nigeria… do we have any estimates for the dates? And will I have to submit documents all over again when it becomes current?

sorry one more question does table B which is the dates for filing apply to those outside of US that are just about to start their application with NVC ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.