LaJumpa

Vaccination Requirements

12 posts in this topic

Long story short, all of my vaccination records as a child were destroyed in a fire back in the early 90's before this kind of thing was archived online.

In preparation for the next steps in the immigration process Ive noticed that I have to provide vaccine certifications as part of my medical exam. I went to the doctors surgery today and asked for a list of my vaccination history on the off chance that every I needed is there. But according to my record I've only had my vaccines for covid and measles. 

Now I know I've had all my required vaccinations as a child/teenager. My mum kept a record of them but I don't think notes in a small red book are going to be official enough here. 

So I'm wondering what the best route to take next would be. Could I provide an antibody test at my medical exam? Or is it a hardline stance on Vaccine Certificates only? 

And if so, I'm happy to get stabbed a bunch again but could these all of these be administered by the NHS or would pharmacies be the better way to go?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated! 

Dont worried about, when you go to medical exam, they know which vaccines you need even if you dont have record.

i didnt have any vaccine record, i did my medical with no problems

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

there's a blood test called a titer test that can be done to show what you're immune to, and therefore wouldn't need vaccinations for. now, i'm not sure if this is done by your doctor or if this is done at the medical exam. i would check with knightsbridge!

5 hours ago, Yellowcab1111 said:

Now I know I've had all my required vaccinations as a child/teenager. My mum kept a record of them but I don't think notes in a small red book are going to be official enough here. 

"Red Book" is actually an official record of vaccinations, from what I gather. Does it says Personal Child Health Record or PCHR anywhere in it?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_Child_Health_Record It might be adequate depending on what's in there.

While you can get necessary vaccinations at the medical exam, they will charge you for everything you get there. If you can work out what you need beforehand, you can get them in advance from your GP surgery and while you might still have to pay for some, it may be less than at Knightsbridge. You should then be able to take documentation from your GP to the medical and get your vaccines signed off, as I did.

5 minutes ago, yoda one for me said:

While you can get necessary vaccinations at the medical exam, they will charge you for everything you get there.

That’s ultimately what I’m trying to avoid! I could do without a nice bill for a few hundred pounds when I could have got it for cheaper or from my GP surgery. 

And thanks for the heads up about the red book! I’ll grab it from mum when it comes to exam time. 

Do check what's in there before exam time! I only had Measles in my GP record and no red book for me, so I had to get the full 2 shot MMR and the TDaP. If you need the MMR you have to wait like 2 weeks between doses, so it takes a little ahead planning.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
11 hours ago, Yellowcab1111 said:

In preparation for the next steps in the immigration process Ive noticed that I have to provide vaccine certifications as part of my medical exam. I went to the doctors surgery today and asked for a list of my vaccination history on the off chance that every I 

So I'm wondering what the best route to take next would be. Could I provide an antibody test at my medical exam? Or is it a hardline stance on Vaccine Certificates only? 

And if so, I'm happy to get stabbed a bunch again but could these all of these be administered by the NHS or would pharmacies be the better way to go?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated! 

You don’t have to repeat all your childhood shots. All you have to get are the ones age appropriate for adults. Take the red book. It used to be accepted at the clinic. See what your GP will give you free from the list below. Some won’t do free for immigration, others do. The flu shot in the UK is for young children and seniors so your GP won’t give that, but the US requires it. You can go to a travel clinic, Boots, or clinics in stores. Get a written record. Or pay the visa clinic on the day.

Here are the shots needed for 19 through 59 years of age:

• Td or Tdap - Tetanus/diptheria/pertussis or get DT, DTP or DtaP and it will be accepted. The latest shot must be no longer than 10 years ago or you need a booster. In the UK they will give Revaxis which is Tetanus/diphtheria +polio. Adults don’t need polio for immigration but that’s the combo available in the UK. They don’t have a Tetanus and diphtheria only jab like Adacel given in the US.  
  • MMR - (if born in 1957 or later)-Mumps/measles/rubella.  It's two doses in your life, but if you get the first dose, and 4 weeks haven't passed by your medical, they will waive the second dose for "insufficient time interval". If you only had one dose as a child, get a second one before the medical.
  • Varicella - Not routinely given in the UK. A history of having chickenpox excuses you from the shot. They take your word for it at the visa medical exam. They will also waive the shot in the UK for "not routinely available". 
  • Influenza - Required during flu season only, October 1 through March 31.  If your medical is not during flu season, you don't need it. 
  • Hepatitis B - required for all applicants up to 59 years old. 
  • COVID-19 vaccine - Completely vaccinated with primary dose 1&2. No boosters required at this time.(New starting 1-Oct-2021).

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: England
Timeline
On 12/14/2022 at 2:25 AM, Wuozopo said:

You don’t have to repeat all your childhood shots. All you have to get are the ones age appropriate for adults. Take the red book. It used to be accepted at the clinic. See what your GP will give you free from the list below. Some won’t do free for immigration, others do. The flu shot in the UK is for young children and seniors so your GP won’t give that, but the US requires it. You can go to a travel clinic, Boots, or clinics in stores. Get a written record. Or pay the visa clinic on the day.

Here are the shots needed for 19 through 59 years of age:

• Td or Tdap - Tetanus/diptheria/pertussis or get DT, DTP or DtaP and it will be accepted. The latest shot must be no longer than 10 years ago or you need a booster. In the UK they will give Revaxis which is Tetanus/diphtheria +polio. Adults don’t need polio for immigration but that’s the combo available in the UK. They don’t have a Tetanus and diphtheria only jab like Adacel given in the US.  
  • MMR - (if born in 1957 or later)-Mumps/measles/rubella.  It's two doses in your life, but if you get the first dose, and 4 weeks haven't passed by your medical, they will waive the second dose for "insufficient time interval". If you only had one dose as a child, get a second one before the medical.
  • Varicella - Not routinely given in the UK. A history of having chickenpox excuses you from the shot. They take your word for it at the visa medical exam. They will also waive the shot in the UK for "not routinely available". 
  • Influenza - Required during flu season only, October 1 through March 31.  If your medical is not during flu season, you don't need it. 
  • Hepatitis B - required for all applicants up to 59 years old. 
  • COVID-19 vaccine - Completely vaccinated with primary dose 1&2. No boosters required at this time.(New starting 1-Oct-2021).

How many Hepatitis B injections do we require? 

Timeline
8 hours ago, bonkane said:

How many Hepatitis B injections do we require? 

Get one with less than 4 weeks before your medical date and they can’t require another because a full 4 weeks have to separate doses. Or pay for it at the medical exam £50.

Please make a profile and timeline so we know what visa you are seeking and your embassy.

Timeline
On 12/20/2022 at 3:55 AM, Wuozopo said:

Get one with less than 4 weeks before your medical date and they can’t require another because a full 4 weeks have to separate doses. Or pay for it at the medical exam £50.

Please make a profile and timeline so we know what visa you are seeking and your embassy.

Thanks - I've just updated!

Timeline
On 12/23/2022 at 2:34 PM, bonkane said:

Thanks - I've just updated!

Thanks for that timeline. When you get an interview date, you can make your visa medical exam appointment. Then if you are getting shots at the GP (or Boots etc) plan them for about 3 weeks before you have the Visa exam. Then any other Hep doses would be waived for “insufficient time interval”. The Hep B doseing is complicated. The chart says 2, 3, or 4 doses. It depends on the brand you are given. Get one of any brand then get additional waived as explained above. You don’t have to finish the dosing ever. Anything you are missing can also be given at the visa exam for an additional fee.. 

I see this has been a lengthy process for you. Best wishes for the final bit.

Edited by Wuozopo

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 12/25/2022 at 8:24 PM, Wuozopo said:

Thanks for that timeline. When you get an interview date, you can make your visa medical exam appointment. Then if you are getting shots at the GP (or Boots etc) plan them for about 3 weeks before you have the Visa exam. Then any other Hep doses would be waived for “insufficient time interval”. The Hep B doseing is complicated. The chart says 2, 3, or 4 doses. It depends on the brand you are given. Get one of any brand then get additional waived as explained above. You don’t have to finish the dosing ever. Anything you are missing can also be given at the visa exam for an additional fee.. 

I see this has been a lengthy process for you. Best wishes for the final bit.

thank you. Yes it’s been very long process! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.