M3gaaan

Lost everything, husband can’t have a relationship.

22 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, M3gaaan said:

ONLY if we go through every option and I have my ten year green card/ life over here that’s when we will divorce. 

Do you realize the plan of staying together so you can get immigration benefit can be perceived as fraud by USCIS?

Also, what are you gonna do if you're called for an interivew, and he changes his mind the evening before or day of the interview, he's not going to go there with you? What if he controls your finances, makes you meet any demands he may have. And if you're not doing what he wants, he threatens to not help you with I-751 or citizenship.

Are you ready living with him for another 3-4 years potentially before and while your I-751 is pending?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
30 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Do you realize the plan of staying together so you can get immigration benefit can be perceived as fraud by USCIS?

Also, what are you gonna do if you're called for an interivew, and he changes his mind the evening before or day of the interview, he's not going to go there with you? What if he controls your finances, makes you meet any demands he may have. And if you're not doing what he wants, he threatens to not help you with I-751 or citizenship.

Are you ready living with him for another 3-4 years potentially before and while your I-751 is pending?

I didn’t realise that could be perceived as fraud because that’s completely not my intention at all I think you misunderstood me it’s basically we will try to work things out as much as we can and work out all options and he wouldn’t go through with a divorce unless I had stability basically. It’s preferable that if he were to do anything it’d be after that if that makes sense sorry if it got confused. 😊 not saying we plan to stay together just for that that’d be ridiculous. Especially since we know I can still live in the US on my own. 

Timeline

I think I’ve got really all the answers I need and I’ll definitely talk to him about all the options we have. I know I don’t need to rely on him for anything in terms of ROC I just needed to know if I was ok to fly back really in the first place. It’s a very complicated situation but then again so is marriage. I’m really thankful for everyone’s support. ❤️ if it’s ok can the thread be closed I just don’t want any misunderstandings because I know basically all the answers I need to know. 

2 minutes ago, M3gaaan said:

he wouldn’t go through with a divorce unless I had stability basic"ally. 

If by stability you mean 10 year card, it's a big no, and it may bite you in the future.

If I was you I'd divorce him, get 10 year GC, get naturalized, work on my career etc and if by the age of 25-26 you're still together and your relationship matures -  just remarry. That way you have less problems with USCIS and your husband doesn't have any control over your life, at least when it comes to immigration. That would equalize any imbalance of power in relationship too.

Of course, you're the only one who knows what's best for you.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, OldUser said:

If by stability you mean 10 year card, it's a big no, and it may bite you in the future.

If I was you I'd divorce him, get 10 year GC, get naturalized, work on my career etc and if by the age of 25-26 you're still together and your relationship matures -  just remarry. That way you have less problems with USCIS and your husband doesn't have any control over your life, at least when it comes to immigration. That would equalize any imbalance of power in relationship too.

Of course, you're the only one who knows what's best for you.

With that I mainly meant stable work and more of a footing in the US because I only got my green card in July so I just started to work really in October (lost that job for others reasons)  so if worst were to happen I didn’t have to fly back I had more options. If that makes sense; I know he doesn’t need to do anything to do with ROC i really want to make that apparent. Basically work it out for a decent amount of time then both make a mutual decision together. Divorce is off the table for us now. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is closed at OP's request.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.