87 posts in this topic

Just to let you know, I got denied again, I can't get into my main account for the denial notice but I checked on the case status and I was denied yesterday.  Can't say how much of a blow this is, I really want to just go home to be honest.

11 minutes ago, dundeehighlander said:

Just to let you know, I got denied again, I can't get into my main account for the denial notice but I checked on the case status and I was denied yesterday.  Can't say how much of a blow this is, I really want to just go home to be honest.

Sorry to hear that... Of course you can always go home if you choose to. On the other hand, if you want really want to stay and adjust, there's nothing preventing you from doing it again and succeeding. Get lawyer's help if necessary. Also make sure to talk all of the things through with the doctor before doing another medical exam should you need one.

Thanks both.  If I applied again and failed would that be it?  Do you only get one go at refiling?

45 minutes ago, dundeehighlander said:

Thanks both.  If I applied again and failed would that be it?  Do you only get one go at refiling?

You can refile as many times as you need. 

47 minutes ago, dundeehighlander said:

Is your spouse a US citizen? You can apply as many times as you need. Of course that's gonna cost you $$$$, time and inability to travel outside of the US. So the second time better be lucky 🙂

Edited by OldUser

Yes, spouse is US citizen.  Just really down right now, can't believe they can deny for someone else's mistake.  

Thanks to everyone for their comments.

7 minutes ago, dundeehighlander said:

Yes, spouse is US citizen.  Just really down right now, can't believe they can deny for someone else's mistake.  

Thanks to everyone for their comments.

Your I-693 would have been as deficient ( doctors error) even if you had filed and paid heavy legs rep / attorney fees. 
I-290 B is heavily discretionary, so pat yourself on the back for trying. 

Get a medical exam at a different place and tally up your costs ( 1st I-485, I-290 B fee, 2nd I-485 ) and go file a lawsuit in small claims court against first doctor.

Don’t be intimidated. You can do this . 

Does anyone know how long I have to file a new I-485?  The initial denial letter said that I was still legally in the United States but didn't give a date of until when.  I assume that I have approving 30 days after this denial?

10 hours ago, dundeehighlander said:

Does anyone know how long I have to file a new I-485?  The initial denial letter said that I was still legally in the United States but didn't give a date of until when.  I assume that I have approving 30 days after this denial?

It's in your interest to re-file ASAP. Of course don't just rush it, ensure you prepared everything right and addressed everything that got your previous petition denied.

What visa are you on and what is the date you've been authorized to stay upon entry to the US? That's how you know whether you accrued any overstay and or unlawful presence. If you have unlawful presence, DO NOT leave the US until you get your green card, otherwise you may get 5 or 10 year bar on entering US.

I came on a K1 visa and married within the timescale of the visa.  The first denial letter said that I was still legal in the US.  Thanks for the advice, I will try to get a new filling as soon as possible.  Just wondered regarding the medical, as I had a medical including blood work and vaccinations just a matter of weeks ago but the faulty I-693 was the cause of the denial, do I need a full medical again from another doctor?

2 minutes ago, dundeehighlander said:

but the faulty I-693 was the cause of the denial, do I need a full medical again from another doctor?

Yes, do get another full medical from a good doctor. Do a thorough research and ask them questions to ensure they know what they're doing.

Yes, I looked through all the tabs and there is no denial document for this new decision, just the original denial. 

Point Blur_Jan092023_102751.jpg

Edited by dundeehighlander

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.