eugene-eugene

I am filing concurrent i-130/131/485/693/765/864. How do I specify in i-131/693/765/864 that I already paid for i-130/485?

16 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hello, I am filing a GC petition for parents who are already in the US on tourist visas and I need help organizing the documents. I have separate folders, each containing a form and the relevant supporting documents. Internet says that my total price should be $535 for i-130 and $1225 for I-485, with other fees waived because they are already included into this price.

How do I work this into the package? Do I just skip paying for i-131/693/765/864? Do I add a letter into each folder explaining that I paid for other forms? Any other recommended ways of doing this?

Edited by eugene-eugene

Timeline
On 12/4/2022 at 6:20 PM, OldUser said:

If you send all forms in one packet (per person), there is no need to explain it.

The way my stuff was organized by lawyer is:

Payment

Table of contents

All forms

All evidence organized

Do you by chance know if this was a single payment for the entire package, such as a single check for $1760. Or did you have to write separate checks for $1225 and $535?

10 minutes ago, eugene-eugene said:

Do you by chance know if this was a single payment for the entire package, such as a single check for $1760. Or did you have to write separate checks for $1225 and $535?

I cannot confirm the amounts as I did it with a lawyer several years ago and it changed since.

There should be no problem with one big check or multiple smaller. I used one check for my AOS and it got approved. In check's description you can list forms, e.g "For I-130, I-485 and biometrics"

Edited by OldUser

• 2 weeks later...

We filed I130 online. Receipt notice was available instantly showing the amount had been paid. I included the reciept notice with my AOS packet. 

LPR filing F2A for Child under 21:

Filed I130 online: 12OCT23

Receipt Notice: 12OCT23

Service Center: TSC

Multiple Emails stating action taken on case: 12-14OCT23

Estimated Time for Case Decision 3 months as of 14OCT23

Three more action taken on case emails: 15oct23

32 minutes ago, BB_mamshie said:

We filed I130 online. Receipt notice was available instantly showing the amount had been paid. I included the reciept notice with my AOS packet. 

I-130 online application often makes USCIS think the petition is for an overseas case. It's much safer to file everything as one packet.

1 hour ago, OldUser said:

I-130 online application often makes USCIS think the petition is for an overseas case. It's much safer to file everything as one packet.

Im not so sure, theres a part of the form where you specify if its overseas or in the US and the nearest uscis location. 

1 minute ago, OldUser said:

Yes, but USCIS get it wrong still from time to time based on anecdotal knowledge I have.

I understand that.. however how do they know where to send the case other than the location listed on the form? Not to mention, the other forms have been submitted way before any "action" can be taken on the I130.. and when they process the I485 with the I130 reciept, they will pull the I130 or howver they do it after that

Edited by BB_mamshie

10 minutes ago, BB_mamshie said:

I understand that.. however how do they know where to send the case other than the location listed on the form? Not to mention, the other forms have been submitted way before any "action" can be taken on the I130.. and when they process the I485 with the I130 reciept, they will pull the I130 or howver they do it after that

USCIS sends it off to NVC, which then deals with embassies. But then maybe NVC may not always be able to send it to field office? I guess that translates to delays / black hole. Good questions. 

Edited by OldUser

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello sis! I am planning to do this this month for my mom. She is already here in the US and it’s her 4th month staying here already… is it ok if I dm you? I just wanted to know what you ended up doing and also to make sure I won’t miss anything. Thank you so much sis! 

Edited by IMPC

Timeline
12 minutes ago, IMPC said:

Hello sis! I am planning to do this this month for my mom. She is already here in the US and it’s her 4th month staying here already… is it ok if I dm you? I just wanted to know what you ended up doing and also to make sure I won’t miss anything. Thank you so much sis! 

Sure (although I more of a bro than a sis 😄). Happy to reply to the DM. In case somebody else will stumble on this thread later - I ended up writing two separate check which came through. Also I talked to a lawyer and was told that it doesn't matter, one check would come through too.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/4/2022 at 6:11 PM, eugene-eugene said:

Hello, I am filing a GC petition for parents who are already in the US on tourist visas and I need help organizing the documents. I have separate folders, each containing a form and the relevant supporting documents. Internet says that my total price should be $535 for i-130 and $1225 for I-485, with other fees waived because they are already included into this price.

How do I work this into the package? Do I just skip paying for i-131/693/765/864? Do I add a letter into each folder explaining that I paid for other forms? Any other recommended ways of doing this?

Just to add to all the helpful comments already, based on my experience, no explanation is needed as long as you attach a copy of I-130 to your I-485 packet if you applied online for I-130.

Another proof is when I re-applied for I-765 and I-131 before they expired (because my I-485 was taking so long) I just attached the receipt notice for I-485 to I-765 and I-131 without paying any fee or explanation and USCIS got it. They accepted the filing and approved the cases (ie they gave me another AP etc).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.