BeauH

K1 and taxes…?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
12 hours ago, BeauH said:

I have another question...

What supporting docs should I give to my fiance for her interview?  She is Russian and going to Poland for her interview. I have read that different consulates look for different docs.

I  was planning to give her:

- Letter from employer

- 3 years of Tax Return Transcripts

- Bank statements for monthly balance for the last 12 months.  

I don’t know Poland, but here is a review posted on VJ from January 2022.

My wife had to transfer her visa interview from Russia to Warsaw due to the embassy in Moscow basically shutting down. The consulate was amazing and very helpful in taking our case. My wife showed up and they were very busy. They only took the marriage certificate, birth certificate and the general documents at the first window. They did not ask for any of my financial documents. They didn't even look at any of the pictures which was kind of disappointing because we went through a lot of effort picking the best ones and getting them printed:-). She finished the in-processing and sat down expecting a couple hour wait. Luckily the wait was short and she went to the second window. They only asked when we met, our last vacation and what I did for work. It was a very short interview and she was approved and done. The big issue os that apparently they have changed how you get your visa. Before you could come back the next day and pick it up. Now there is a 3-5 day wait. My wife was really worried and stressed out but they were really great at the embassy and we have zero complaints. I would still make sure to take everything on the checklist...better safe than sorry. Like other reviews, it was chilly inside. I am glad we got to go to this embassy. It seemed like almost everyone was from Russia! Good luck everyone!

Here’s the link to all Warsaw reviews https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Poland&cty=&dfilter=5

Edited by Wuozopo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

@Wuozopo
Ohhhh EXCELLENT!  Thank you so much for this.  I'm going to send this over to my fiancé.  She is not worried about her English, but has 

expressed worry about not having everything or fumbling the interview itself. This should put her at ease.  I think we have way over prepared

but better that, right!?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.