2 posts in this topic

I have received a date for the first step interview at DCF in London! Right now I'm preparing everything asked for on the I-130 checklist and getting as prepared as I can for my spouse's interview in the future (should all go well!) 

Question: On the I-130 checklist it says: ❑ Passports: Current and previous passports for U.S. citizen petitioner and beneficiary

Does this mean we need to submit all of our expired passports as well as our current? Like all the way from childhood? May be interpreting this wrong but wanted to ask in case.

Question 2: Is it the printable I-130 and I-130A document from the USCIS website that I need to bring? Is there another source for I-130? Or do I need to complete it digitally and then print it.

Question 3: It is not included on the checklist, but we will be using a second sponsor due to my US income not reaching the £60k min. Do we submit this at this stage or the next stage when my spouse is interviewed?

Thank you!

1.  Not sure why London wants previous passports, but if it's in their checklist, best to bring what you have.

2.  Download and print the latest editions of the I-130 & I-130A forms only from the official USCIS site.  You may download and fill out as many fields as you can digitally, then print, and hand-write your signature and date signed.  Do NOT submit online.

3.  I-864 forms not required at the first appointment.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.