M&A.

October 2022 I-130 filers

58 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Our I-130 case changed to 4 weeks processing time now, from 2 months in early June. But, based on what I see in the comments, that processing time doesn't seem relevant.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 6/12/2023 at 7:24 PM, Blindian8793 said:

Hey everybody,

... If you're date is getting closer to the approval, start looking into the process for getting your police clearance NOW... Determine how long it will take to receive it and apply for it accordingly. Also make sure that is the correct one because when you get to the NVC stage it's best to have all of your documents ready. The DQ turn around time is pretty spot on at 2 weeks and I'd hate for anyone to have to get a document rejected and have to wait an additional 2 weeks before they are DQ'd.

Submitting the incorrect police clearance added an additional month to our waiting which subsequently added an additional 2 months to the time it will take for us to get our interview date.

On 5/1/2023 at 12:28 PM, Blindian8793 said:

- Alrighty - 

...more updates

USCIS Status " Case Sent to Department of State" - April 27th

Welcome letter received today in email - May 1st.

Paid Fees 30 minutes later....will update when it clears.

Just wanna give you guys a guideline of loose expectations for the NVC stage.

Still hoping to hear good news from you all!!!!!

Just following up!

NVC Fees cleared on the third day from US Bank Account

May 20th: Submitted everything

June 1st: RFI - Submitted incorrect Police Clearance😒

June 10th: Resubmitted PCC

Finally, DQ'd in NVC on June 26th. 

NVC is pretty spot on with the 2-week response time.

Considering that our embassy is Mumbai, it'll be another 6 months before we get an interview date. Lovely backlog dramas but nearing the finish line! 

I hope that you all are starting to get good news!! I've been seeing in FB groups that the USCIS approvals are coming in quicker than anticipated!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 7/5/2023 at 11:00 AM, Blindian8793 said:

Just following up!

NVC Fees cleared on the third day from US Bank Account

May 20th: Submitted everything

June 1st: RFI - Submitted incorrect Police Clearance😒

June 10th: Resubmitted PCC

Finally, DQ'd in NVC on June 26th. 

NVC is pretty spot on with the 2-week response time.

Considering that our embassy is Mumbai, it'll be another 6 months before we get an interview date. Lovely backlog dramas but nearing the finish line! 

I hope that you all are starting to get good news!! I've been seeing in FB groups that the USCIS approvals are coming in quicker than anticipated!

What is wrong Police clearance certificate? We are in process of pending I-130 and getting docs ready in India for NVC .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 7/7/2023 at 3:29 PM, MK_Dallas said:

What is wrong Police clearance certificate? We are in process of pending I-130 and getting docs ready in India for NVC .

Make sure that you are getting the document from the Passport Seva.

My husband initially got a police verification which is not the same because that is only provided by the local police.

This added an additional 3 weeks to our DQ because he had to then submit the proper application through the Passport Seva portal in order to obtain the police clearance certificate. 

We ultimately included both since we had them and was DQ'd without issue.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

So today, suddenly my page has a new option called "myProgress" and it says USCIS is reviewing your case. Has anyone else had this earlier? Does this mean good news or progress?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nimisha2305 said:

So today, suddenly my page has a new option called "myProgress" and it says USCIS is reviewing your case. Has anyone else had this earlier? Does this mean good news or progress?

I think they recently updated the website, that's all.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone just sharing my timeline since i couldn't find any IR2 I130 case october 2022 filer. Wednesday 8/2 i received a status saying "actively reviewed". Hopefully getting approved soon for my minor child. originally a F2A petition but i become naturalized last year so i filed a new I130 for my child last october 2022.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

So, today my case got updated from "We received your I 130 and and receipt notice was issue" to "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS". What has been a general flow time for review and approval for all of you guys?

• 3 weeks later...

I never saw this coming, but guess what? Our case has been approved!! Today, I saw an email in my inbox stating "Action Taken on Your Case." At first, I couldn't see anything different and was disappointed. So I closed the browser on my phone, almost not wanting to know. But then hours after I reconnected to the internet on my phone, and there it was.

It seems like its been forever.

Edited by Speedy troy

Been a long time lurker here and finally decided to create an account so I can share some progress.

Priority Date - 10/17/2022

Approval - 09/04/2023

Vermont Service Center

So it took about 11 months. I logged in today and saw the approval on the documents tab. Also actively reviewed date changed from Oct 17 to September 4, 2023 so I knew there was an update.

On to the next step I guess.

Hang in there guys. I know the uncertainty and wait timws is annoying.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hey guys!

Just wanted to give others some hope, as we got approved today!

Sent: October 15th 2022

Approved: September 6th 2023

On to the next stage we go :)

Keep the hope up, its coming soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.