M&A.

October 2022 I-130 filers

58 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Blindian8793 said:

Well, I guess that response was true... APPROVED as of today. Approved by the National Benefits Center. I'm still in shock! Lets pray that you all will receive your approvals soon as well!! 

Excited Friday GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Congrats! I guess I was right lol

USCIS 

10/02/2022 - Submitted I-130

10/02/2022 - NOA1 (California Service Center) 

10/10/2022 - Sent K-3 Packet

10/17/2022 - K-3 Receipt Notice

03/19/2023 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

03/20/2023 - Approved (NOA2)

03/24/2023 - Status Update (Case was sent to the Department of State)

NVC

04/01/2023 Welcome Email

04/01/2023 Paid Fees

04/05/2023 Submitted AOS and Civil Documents

04/19/2023 Documentarily Qualified

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, chatgpt4 said:

Congrats! I guess I was right lol

That was literally the first thing I thought to myself😅, thanks for the freakishly good mojo!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 4/22/2023 at 8:59 AM, Blindian8793 said:

Well, I guess that response was true... APPROVED as of today. Approved by the National Benefits Center. I'm still in shock! Lets pray that you all will receive your approvals soon as well!! 

Excited Friday GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Congratulations so happy for you. Finally, you got your approval 😄. By the way, what was the basis for the expedite? I might try doing that to see my luck😂

Timeline
17 hours ago, M&A. said:

Congratulations so happy for you. Finally, you got your approval 😄. By the way, what was the basis for the expedite? I might try doing that to see my luck😂

Anticipated financial hardship...which was really just a shot in the dark and I fully expected to be denied since it wasn't a total loss.

Timeline

- Alrighty - 

...more updates

USCIS Status " Case Sent to Department of State" - April 27th

Welcome letter received today in email - May 1st.

Paid Fees 30 minutes later....will update when it clears.

Just wanna give you guys a guideline of loose expectations for the NVC stage.

Still hoping to hear good news from you all!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Blindian8793 said:

- Alrighty - 

...more updates

USCIS Status " Case Sent to Department of State" - April 27th

Welcome letter received today in email - May 1st.

Paid Fees 30 minutes later....will update when it clears.

Just wanna give you guys a guideline of loose expectations for the NVC stage.

Still hoping to hear good news from you all!!!!!

Thanks for the update 👏👏. Please let us know the rest of steps that you go through because we will know what to do when our approval comes. Thanks once again 😁

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, TVQT1993 said:

Our estimate USCIS.gov changed from 6 more months to 2 weeks. I thought it was a glitch, but others are reporting drastic changes in estimates as well.

I submitted my spouse's I-130 application on October 31st 2022. Got the receipt notice the same day.  It initially said 8 months but by March it added another 8 months. Today suddenly it changed to an approximate of 3 weeks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 6/2/2023 at 8:20 AM, Nimisha2305 said:

I submitted my spouse's I-130 application on October 31st 2022. Got the receipt notice the same day.  It initially said 8 months but by March it added another 8 months. Today suddenly it changed to an approximate of 3 weeks.

Very nice! Any changes? Ours just updated to 1 week.

Timeline
8 hours ago, TVQT1993 said:

Very nice! Any changes? Ours just updated to 1 week.

It updated to 2 weeks yesterday. Eagerly waiting to see if there are any changes....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Today it changed to:

Estimated time until case decision:

Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You do not need to take any action at this time.

I take that as positive news, it's been 8 days since the status was 1 week. Looks like someone will look at it soon, and either approve or request additional information.

Timeline
3 hours ago, TVQT1993 said:

Today it changed to:

Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You do not need to take any action at this time.

I take that as positive news, it's been 8 days since the status was 1 week. Looks like someone will look at it soon, and either approve or request additional information.

Mine went down to 1 week last friday....so eager to check it out...

Timeline

Hey everybody,

... If you're date is getting closer to the approval, start looking into the process for getting your police clearance NOW... Determine how long it will take to receive it and apply for it accordingly. Also make sure that is the correct one because when you get to the NVC stage it's best to have all of your documents ready. The DQ turn around time is pretty spot on at 2 weeks and I'd hate for anyone to have to get a document rejected and have to wait an additional 2 weeks before they are DQ'd.

Submitting the incorrect police clearance added an additional month to our waiting which subsequently added an additional 2 months to the time it will take for us to get our interview date.

Timeline
On 6/11/2023 at 5:20 PM, Nimisha2305 said:

Mine went down to 1 week last friday....so eager to check it out...

So i just got the "Your case is taking longer than expected...." message as well. Hopefully it will be soon

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/11/2023 at 2:08 PM, TVQT1993 said:

Today it changed to:

Any updates yet? I got the same message 2 weeks back and now there is no change at all...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.