138 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, I767 said:

Thank you.

I have an EB-3 unskilled approved.
PD January 20th 2022. 

Waiting for interview letter. 
Now with retrogression in effect, the interview appointment will take longer, I believe. 
Tks.

Thats true, your PD must be current with the Visa Bulletin so tou will get in line to receive an IL. Hopefully the VB is going to become current soon

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, J C C D said:

I’m DQed since December 7th and no IL as of it now. I know people from November that haven’t got their letters. But for other E visa types it seems to be normal. Is it only EB2 vidas that are “stuck”? 

What is your priority date? The PD must be current with the Visa Bulletin in order to receive an IL

On 3/22/2023 at 7:45 PM, JLVS22BR said:

Hi everyone! Just wanted to share with you that we arrived at the US today safe and sound. It took no longer than 10 minutes with the CBP officer - she opened the sealed envelopes, checked a couple documents, and asked some quick questions. Then she stamped our visas and said that we were good to go. I hope for you all that everything goes as smooth as it was for us!

Congratulations on your arrival in the US and I wish you all the best. 

This might look too personal but how much should be enough savings to have when relocating after the whole EB2 processing, especially if you do not have a job offer handy. Thanks 

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, my EB2NIW visa was approved. I am Brazilian/Canadian and live in Vancouver BC. I would like to know if you think it is risky if I change my case to Rio de Janeiro/Brazil consulate. I think it will be much faster if I transfer there but I am afraid to cause delays and the risk to they have my case lost in the middle of the way. Thoughts? Another question, how long is taken to receive the interview letter for the EB2NIW  visa in Rio de Janeiro? In the Montreal consulate, they are sending interview letters for people that received their DQ in January of 2021. The backlog is HUGE. 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
49 minutes ago, renataspinheiro said:

Hi everyone, my EB2NIW visa was approved. I am Brazilian/Canadian and live in Vancouver BC. I would like to know if you think it is risky if I change my case to Rio de Janeiro/Brazil consulate. I think it will be much faster if I transfer there but I am afraid to cause delays and the risk to they have my case lost in the middle of the way. Thoughts? Another question, how long is taken to receive the interview letter for the EB2NIW  visa in Rio de Janeiro? In the Montreal consulate, they are sending interview letters for people that received their DQ in January of 2021. The backlog is HUGE. 

Hi Renata, I have a similar case as yours, except I am EB1A. My case was originally to be processed by the consulate in Rio de Janeiro. I decided to change to Montreal, since it was closer (and easier) for me to go there. We requested a change to Montreal on March 3, 2023. It was accepted on March 13, 2023. I realized that it was taking super long and requested to send it back to Rio and it was accepted back to Rio on April 3, 2023.

Now I am DQ'ed and waiting for interview. I don't have a timeline for the letter to arrive. Did you get DQ already? Hope that helps.

58 minutes ago, pilot787 said:

Do it! Absolutely worth it. I only regret that we didn’t transfer our case earlier from Montreal. It’s super easy. You Just have to send NVC your Brazilian passport and ask to transfer through inquiry form. Your case is in NVC, so it won’t get lost. I’d be more worried for waiting for the interview in Montreal. 

31 minutes ago, MrApa said:

Hi Renata, I have a similar case as yours, except I am EB1A. My case was originally to be processed by the consulate in Rio de Janeiro. I decided to change to Montreal, since it was closer (and easier) for me to go there. We requested a change to Montreal on March 3, 2023. It was accepted on March 13, 2023. I realized that it was taking super long and requested to send it back to Rio and it was accepted back to Rio on April 3, 2023.

Now I am DQ'ed and waiting for interview. I don't have a timeline for the letter to arrive. Did you get DQ already? Hope that helps.

Wow, so it is super fast to have it transferred and accepted between the consulates. This is great news! I am still waiting for the Welcome letter from NVC so I am just waiting to receive it and have the new case number to request the transference.  I think it is taken around 4 months to receive the interview letter after the DQ date, correct? This is the average that you have as well? How did you request the transference? 

36 minutes ago, renataspinheiro said:

Wow, so it is super fast to have it transferred and accepted between the consulates. This is great news! I am still waiting for the Welcome letter from NVC so I am just waiting to receive it and have the new case number to request the transference.  I think it is taken around 4 months to receive the interview letter after the DQ date, correct? This is the average that you have as well? How did you request the transference? 

I suggest you to use Portals on this forum and go to Brazilian Portal. You can compare the similar timelines with other people and see how long it might take you to get an interview there. It took us almost 3 months to get IL in Paris embassy. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, renataspinheiro said:

EB2NIW here, dq'ed October 28 2022, 188 days ago (6 months). Still no interview letter for me, even with multiple calls/expedite requests and senator contacting the consulate.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Received my interview letter, for July 17th. So 262 days (8 months and 20 days) between DQ and interview for Rio consulate.

I filed the i485 now, so it doesn't matter anymore :(

Timeline
On 5/20/2023 at 5:23 PM, RVS said:

I am confused.

When I applied for the i140 I chose the Consulate Processing because I was in a J1 visa, and had to travel in a couple months after  while waiting for the i140 to be approved. If you apply for the i485 with a J1, you can't travel back and renew your stamp anymore.

Because now I'm in a H1B visa, it doesn't matter anymore about travelling, so I just applied for the i485 since I'm here in the US anyway, and flying to Rio + hotels + medical exams would be much more than the actual i485 fee.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi everyone!! EB2 consular case Rio de Janeiro, PD jan 2021, DQ march 2022 and I'm waiting to get the interview letter...... How is the timeframe to get the interview letter now? Anyone waiting to get the interview appointment too? Thank you.

On 6/12/2023 at 6:48 PM, Moliveira12 said:

Hi everyone!! EB2 consular case Rio de Janeiro, PD jan 2021, DQ march 2022 and I'm waiting to get the interview letter...... How is the timeframe to get the interview letter now? Anyone waiting to get the interview appointment too? Thank you.

Hi! Have you tried to expedite your case! It has been 2.5 years, your PD is current and yo have been DQ’ed for more than a year!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.