JLVS22BR

Rio de Janeiro - DQed & Waiting for Interview Letter

138 posts in this topic

On 1/3/2023 at 10:17 PM, JLVS22BR said:

Hi @chrisbonatto! In the very same day that I received the IL I reached out to the physician at Brasilia since it's the closest from where I live. They quickly replied asking for me to fill out some forms and then scheduled our appointment to January 18th (a littleย less than a month to the interview). They were also very helpful answering our questions regarding the vaccination requirements ahead of the consultation.

Hi @JLVS22BR, thanks for all you do here. I like to know the vaccines to receive ahead of the medical appointment as I cannot find my vaccination record card. Thanks

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Damiores said:

Hi @JLVS22BR, thanks for all you do here. I like to know the vaccines to receive ahead of the medical appointment as I cannot find my vaccination record card. Thanks

Have you tried in your health center where do you live?ย  Ask for your vaccination records, It worked for me.

Also there is information on this website:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/vaccinations.html

ย 

ย 

7 hours ago, RVS said:

Have you tried in your health center where do you live?ย  Ask for your vaccination records, It worked for me.

Also there is information on this website:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/vaccinations.html

ย 

ย 

I am non Turkish that lives in Ankara, Turkey. I understand I can be giving two jabs during the medical screening for around $260 but I want to save that money if possible.ย 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/27/2023 at 10:07 AM, RVS said:

So, Do you have an idea of how many interviews at that day?

They were letting people considering the interview hour, so at the moment I was there everybody had their interviews between 7 and 8 am. I think there was something arround 10 applicants at that moment, but it's only a guess.

Timeline
On 2/27/2023 at 7:17 PM, Damiores said:

Hi @Damiores! I think that @RVSย has given you the best possible answer sharing the DOS official link about vaccinations. Nevertheless, I'll translate and paste below the message sent by the doctor's office before our appointment.

ย 

Vaccination (Age 18 โ€“ 60 years)

- Covid 19: 2 full doses
- Flu Shot
- MMR
- Hepatitis B
- Tdpa/ Dtpa
- Chickenpox/Varicella (if you had the disease, you don't need it)

My wife also didn't have her immunization records anymore. We tried to reach out the public health services to look for it but they didn't have anything in their database. So we talked to the doctor's office in advance, and they recommended her to take all the required shots again so she could have the records. Those vaccines (except for chickenpox) are available at no cost here in Brazil (public health services), so by the time of our appointment she had all her immunization figured out (without needing to pay for it) and didn't have to take any other vaccine.

4 hours ago, JLVS22BR said:

Hi @Damiores! I think that @RVSย has given you the best possible answer sharing the DOS official link about vaccinations. Nevertheless, I'll translate and paste below the message sent by the doctor's office before our appointment.

ย 

Vaccination (Age 18 โ€“ 60 years)

- Covid 19: 2 full doses
- Flu Shot
- MMR
- Hepatitis B
- Tdpa/ Dtpa
- Chickenpox/Varicella (if you had the disease, you don't need it)

My wife also didn't have her immunization records anymore. We tried to reach out the public health services to look for it but they didn't have anything in their database. So we talked to the doctor's office in advance, and they recommended her to take all the required shots again so she could have the records. Those vaccines (except for chickenpox) are available at no cost here in Brazil (public health services), so by the time of our appointment she had all her immunization figured out (without needing to pay for it) and didn't have to take any other vaccine.

@JLVS22BRย Thanks for your reply. @RVSย truly has helped with the complete list of vaccines, but I however appreciate your specificity. I want to believe this specific list should be the required vaccination for US embassy in Ankara.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone, just received my interview letter early this morning, just 7 days after DQ, US Consulate in Rio is rocking!!!!ย We were not expecting that fast.

Looks likeย they are prioritizingย  family based ones.

ย 

DQ: Februaryย 27

IL: March 06

Interview date:ย Aprilย 06

Consulate: Rio de Janeiro/Brazil

ย 

Good luck everyone!!

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Edtab said:

Hi everyone, just received my interview letter early this morning, just 7 days after DQ, US Consulate in Rio is rocking!!!!ย We were not expecting that fast.

Looks likeย they are prioritizingย  family based ones.

ย 

DQ: Februaryย 27

IL: March 06

Interview date:ย Aprilย 06

Consulate: Rio de Janeiro/Brazil

ย 

Good luck everyone!!

Congrats! ๐Ÿ‘ย 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, MarcusPires said:

Document Qualified in february. Anyone has updated news onย interview scheduling times?ย 

Hopefully the NVC and US Consulate in Rio de Janeiro will work to reduce the waiting time to schedule an interview.ย 

It is taking about 130 days after DQ to receive an IL.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, RVS said:

Hopefully the NVC and US Consulate in Rio de Janeiro will work to reduce the waiting time to schedule an interview.ย 

It is taking about 130 days after DQ to receive an IL.

Hopefully indeed!! Thank you for your kind response!!ย 

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.