JLVS22BR

Rio de Janeiro - DQed & Waiting for Interview Letter

138 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone! DQed and waiting for an interview appointment at the Rio Consulate? Gather here!

I'm trying to keep track of the time between DQed <> Interview Letter <> Interview so we can make some predictions, specially for the EB visas.

My case was created on 07/21, got an RFE on 08/18, and was on DQed 09/19. Now I'm waiting for the IL.

Anyone out there on the same boat?

Filed: H-1C Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

We are just now in that phase and very excited to be at that point. Have you found any predictions for how long it takes to get an interview for CR1 visa

Timeline
21 hours ago, Mark and Karina said:

We are just now in that phase and very excited to be at that point. Have you found any predictions for how long it takes to get an interview for CR1 visa

Hi @Mark and Karina, happy for you! I've been seen people getting their ILs in three weeks or less for IR1/CR1 visas at the Rio Consulate.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 11/9/2022 at 12:13 PM, JLVS22BR said:

Hi everyone! DQed and waiting for an interview appointment at the Rio Consulate? Gather here!

I'm trying to keep track of the time between DQed <> Interview Letter <> Interview so we can make some predictions, specially for the EB visas.

My case was created on 07/21, got an RFE on 08/18, and was on DQed 09/19. Now I'm waiting for the IL.

Anyone out there on the same boat?

Hey JLVS22BR,

I'm on the same boat as you. EB2 NIW for Rio De Janeiro, DQed on 11/04.

Any news on the interview letter for your case?

Best of luck!

Timeline
1 hour ago, chrisbonatto said:

Hey JLVS22BR,

I'm on the same boat as you. EB2 NIW for Rio De Janeiro, DQed on 11/04.

Any news on the interview letter for your case?

Best of luck!

Hi @chrisbonatto, glad to see a fellow brazilian around here! Well, unfortunately I haven't heard from them yet. It seems that EB visas issuance pace has slowed down for embassies/consulates in general. It's sad because before mid-september we were seeing ILs to arrive for EBs in less than two months after DQ. Nevertheless, trying to keep the hopes high. I'll let you know if I have any updates, and please share with us any news that you may have. Best of luck for all of us! 🤞

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Bodo said:

Hey @JLVS22BR  and  @chrisbonatto,  I see that you applied in the employment EB2 NIW category.

When you were mailing your civil documents to NVC did you have to submit both the copies of the original documents AND the originals of the translations to English?

Hi @Bodo! Yes, I submitted both the copies and its translations.

Timeline
On 12/12/2022 at 11:56 AM, JLVS22BR said:

Hi @chrisbonatto, glad to see a fellow brazilian around here! Well, unfortunately I haven't heard from them yet. It seems that EB visas issuance pace has slowed down for embassies/consulates in general. It's sad because before mid-september we were seeing ILs to arrive for EBs in less than two months after DQ. Nevertheless, trying to keep the hopes high. I'll let you know if I have any updates, and please share with us any news that you may have. Best of luck for all of us! 🤞

It looks indeed that the employment based interviews are stuck, but I'm sorry that you've been waiting for 3 months now for the IL!

This week is shipment week, so hopefully we should hear good news soon!

Timeline
On 12/17/2022 at 2:06 PM, Bodo said:

Hi @JLVS22BR , thank you for your reply. One more question.

For the employment-based EB2 NIW category, did NVC require you to provide  Affidavit of Support  or any other financial document? Did you have to fill out any related form (e.g. I-864)?

Hi @Bodo! Nope, they only asked to send birth / marriage certificates, police certificates, and passports - all copies. But I recommend you to take at look at the following post. As per our friend experience, they asked for employment letters both at the interview as also when entering the US. I don't think that's mandatory, and strongly depends on your case, but just as he said it won't hurt to have them.

Timeline
15 hours ago, chrisbonatto said:

It looks indeed that the employment based interviews are stuck, but I'm sorry that you've been waiting for 3 months now for the IL!

This week is shipment week, so hopefully we should hear good news soon!

Hi @chrisbonatto thanks for your kind words. Well, to be honest, I'm trying to manage my expectations since my lawyer believes that the IL will probably arrive only on january (because of holidays & etc), but fingers crossed! You mentioned shipment week, do you have any info on which week is most probable to get the interviews scheduled? I've been trying to figure this out for a long time with no success.

Timeline
5 hours ago, JLVS22BR said:

Hi @chrisbonatto thanks for your kind words. Well, to be honest, I'm trying to manage my expectations since my lawyer believes that the IL will probably arrive only on january (because of holidays & etc), but fingers crossed! You mentioned shipment week, do you have any info on which week is most probable to get the interviews scheduled? I've been trying to figure this out for a long time with no success.

It'll come soon!

Based on the PDF that they post with guidance here in the forum, the shipment weeks are fortnightly, so if the last shipment was December 6th, tomorrow there should be another package going.

I would be extremely surprised if the consulate people open anything on Christmas week, but let's hope so!

Timeline
On 12/19/2022 at 3:01 AM, JLVS22BR said:

I don't think it was our week yet. Getting very frustrated, since I have a job offer lined up. I wonder how long they will wait for my process to goes further before they lose their patience hahaha

4 hours ago, chrisbonatto said:

I don't think it was our week yet. Getting very frustrated, since I have a job offer lined up. I wonder how long they will wait for my process to goes further before they lose their patience hahaha

If your visa is linked to a job offer (AKA not EB2-NIW), the company has to pay a hefty fee to drop the process, so I highly doubt they would just kick you to the curb.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.