JLVS22BR

Rio de Janeiro - DQed & Waiting for Interview Letter

138 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone! I did my medical examination last Wednesday at Brasilia. It was pretty straightforward: In the morning vaccination, blood tests, and an x-ray; in the afternoon, a quick talk with the doctor. Simple as that! One advice: make sure that your vaccinations are up-to-date. Most of them are available for free at public health services (i think that you have to pay only for the varicella shot if you never had the disease). If you get there and have to vaccinate, you'll have to pay - so get ahead and save this money. For instance, adults have to get the DTP vaccine every 10 years (you probably had took these shots when you were kid), and this is probably available for free at your city.

Edited by JLVS22BR
Typos

Timeline
2 hours ago, JLVS22BR said:

Hi everyone! I did my medical examination last Wednesday at Brasilia. It was pretty straightforward: In the morning vaccination, blood tests, and an x-ray; in the afternoon, a quick talk with the doctor. Simple as that! One advice: make sure that your vaccinations are up-to-date. Most of them are available for free at public health services (i think that you have to pay only for the varicella shot if you never had the disease). If you get there and have to vaccinate, you'll have to pay - so get ahead and save this money. For instance, adults have to get the DTP vaccine every 10 years (you probably had took these shots when you were kid), and this is probably available for free at your city.

Awesome!

I work at a hospital here in the US, so I have to take all these shots regularly, but thank you for the information!

How long until the results are available for taking to the consulate?

I'm thinking about the best logistics to fly down to Brazil when my appointment is near. You think 2 weeks would be enough for medical/interview and picking up the passport at the CASV?

Timeline
On 1/20/2023 at 11:37 AM, chrisbonatto said:

Awesome!

I work at a hospital here in the US, so I have to take all these shots regularly, but thank you for the information!

How long until the results are available for taking to the consulate?

I'm thinking about the best logistics to fly down to Brazil when my appointment is near. You think 2 weeks would be enough for medical/interview and picking up the passport at the CASV?

At the appointment the doctor said that in less than a week they would send the results. She said that if I didn't hear from her anymore it would mean that everything was right. I'll send an email this week just to make sure that everything is in order.

Well, if everything goes all right at the interview (no administrative processing), it probably would take about a week to get your passport back at the ASC/CASV. So, try to schedule your medical appointment at least a week before the interview to allow time to send the results in time to the consulate in case of any unforeseen circumstances.

In my humble opinion, two weeks is a good timeframe if everything goes absolutely right. If something doesn't go as planned, it might take more time. I'd say that three weeks it's a more comfortable schedule.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/24/2023 at 3:21 AM, JLVS22BR said:

At the appointment the doctor said that in less than a week they would send the results. She said that if I didn't hear from her anymore it would mean that everything was right. I'll send an email this week just to make sure that everything is in order.

Well, if everything goes all right at the interview (no administrative processing), it probably would take about a week to get your passport back at the ASC/CASV. So, try to schedule your medical appointment at least a week before the interview to allow time to send the results in time to the consulate in case of any unforeseen circumstances.

In my humble opinion, two weeks is a good timeframe if everything goes absolutely right. If something doesn't go as planned, it might take more time. I'd say that three weeks it's a more comfortable schedule.

Almost on day 101 after dq'ed (will be monday exactly), but not keeping my hopes up to have the IL soon. The visa issuance for November 2022 was 27 EB2 visas in Rio, 6x less than the same month in 2021...

In a few days is your interview, good luck!!!!

Timeline
On 2/3/2023 at 5:00 PM, chrisbonatto said:

Almost on day 101 after dq'ed (will be monday exactly), but not keeping my hopes up to have the IL soon. The visa issuance for November 2022 was 27 EB2 visas in Rio, 6x less than the same month in 2021...

@chrisbonatto this waiting time is really distressing, but I'm confident that your IL will arrive this month. I've been tracking interviews for the Rio Consulate here in the VJ for almost a year, and to be honest I can't remeber one that took longer than mine. So I hope that yours are about to arrive. As per I could observe (not a rule, just summing up the numbers), it's more common to see ILs by the end of the month.

On 2/3/2023 at 5:00 PM, chrisbonatto said:

In a few days is your interview, good luck!!!!

Yes, less than 10 days to go.. getting harder and harder to sleep, really anxious for this moment! 😂

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone!
I am also DQed and waiting for an interview.

My case was created on august, got an RFE and was DQed on November 17. Now I'm waiting for the IL.

Timeline
7 hours ago, crsbr said:

Hi everyone!
I am also DQed and waiting for an interview.

My case was created on august, got an RFE and was DQed on November 17. Now I'm waiting for the IL.

Hi @crsbr and welcome to our support group! 😅

Hopefully in a month or two you'll be receiving your IL.

Timeline
2 hours ago, JLVS22BR said:

Hi @crsbr and welcome to our support group! 😅

Hopefully in a month or two you'll be receiving your IL.

Hello @JLVS22BR first of all thank you for the warm welcome to the community! But not only for that, also would like to thank you and the others for keeping the updates up, because that helps a lot. We were, lost at nowhere about dates and expectations when we discovered this community and your conversations that, as you know, helps a lot to align the expectations.

Besides that, based on our reading, if we are not wrong, we wish you the best on your interview next week 🙏🏻!

PS. if we had discovered this community before, that would save us from lot of frustration. Every single day after day 30 we were expecting receiving that IL, now we are at day 85.

Edited by crsbr

Timeline
On 2/10/2023 at 6:02 AM, crsbr said:

Hello @JLVS22BR first of all thank you for the warm welcome to the community! But not only for that, also would like to thank you and the others for keeping the updates up, because that helps a lot. We were, lost at nowhere about dates and expectations when we discovered this community and your conversations that, as you know, helps a lot to align the expectations.

Besides that, based on our reading, if we are not wrong, we wish you the best on your interview next week 🙏🏻!

PS. if we had discovered this community before, that would save us from lot of frustration. Every single day after day 30 we were expecting receiving that IL, now we are at day 85.

Have patience on your waiting, I'm on day 107 after DQed and nothing from the consulate regarding the IL...

Timeline
On 2/12/2023 at 12:42 PM, chrisbonatto said:

Have patience on your waiting, I'm on day 107 after DQed and nothing from the consulate regarding the IL...

Yes @chrisbonatto!

Despite the fact our visa are different right now you are our best clue of waiting time for IL! Based on that we all are fingers crossed to hear good news about your process soon! 🙂🙏🏻

Timeline
1 hour ago, crsbr said:

Yes @chrisbonatto!

Despite the fact our visa are different right now you are our best clue of waiting time for IL! Based on that we all are fingers crossed to hear good news about your process soon! 🙂🙏🏻

Happy to be in this journey with you guys!

@JLVS22BR good luck on your interview tomorrow!

Timeline
4 hours ago, JLVS22BR said:

Hi @chrisbonatto, thank you very much! We just had our interview and went great. It was really fast and pretty straightforward, in less than two hours we had everything figured out and our visa approved. I'll come back later to share more details with you! 🥳

Congratulations!!!!!!

Timeline
On 2/15/2023 at 3:56 AM, JLVS22BR said:

Hi @chrisbonatto, thank you very much! We just had our interview and went great. It was really fast and pretty straightforward, in less than two hours we had everything figured out and our visa approved. I'll come back later to share more details with you! 🥳

We're curious to hear what they asked on your interview =)))

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.