Rio de Janeiro - DQed & Waiting for Interview Letter

138 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, RVS said:

19/04/2023👏👏👍

Did you receive your IL @chrisbonatto?

That's awesome!!

Best of luck with all the medicals and interview.

I have not, 130 days since DQ now. I think they forgot about me lol

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, chrisbonatto said:

That's awesome!!

Best of luck with all the medicals and interview.

I have not, 130 days since DQ now. I think they forgot about me lol

You will receive it.

Well, send a public inquiry.

Edited by RVS

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys, new here. I just submitted documents to NVC and waiting for them to review. My consulate was Rio but I asked to be changed to Montreal, which I think it was a mistake now. Any suggestions on whether to keep the change or switch back to Rio? My visa is EB-1A. Thanks for the ones that got DQ and IL.

Timeline
On 3/7/2023 at 3:04 PM, MrApa said:

Hi guys, new here. I just submitted documents to NVC and waiting for them to review. My consulate was Rio but I asked to be changed to Montreal, which I think it was a mistake now. Any suggestions on whether to keep the change or switch back to Rio? My visa is EB-1A. Thanks for the ones that got DQ and IL.

There's a post about the Montreal Consulate here on VJ where users say there is a huge backlog over there. You might take a look before reaching a conclusion. I have the feeling that Rio is moving faster with the cases.

Timeline
1 minute ago, JLVS22BR said:

There's a post about the Montreal Consulate here on VJ where users say there is a huge backlog over there. You might take a look before reaching a conclusion. I have the feeling that Rio is moving faster with the cases.

@MrApa take a look at this.

Timeline
On 3/9/2023 at 7:48 AM, JLVS22BR said:

You are correct. The EB visas in Montreal have been DQ'd in January 2021, even though there is evidence of people DQ'd in August 2021 receiving IL now. I am transferring back to Rio and hoping for a faster timeline. 

Timeline

Last week I got an email from NVC informing that my expedite request for appointment was accepted. They said my case would be shipped to Rio immediatly. But still no sign of IL or appointment date. Case status remains "AT NVC". 

Anyone in similar situation?

Timeline
On 3/14/2023 at 2:57 PM, MarcusPires said:

Last week I got an email from NVC informing that my expedite request for appointment was accepted. They said my case would be shipped to Rio immediatly. But still no sign of IL or appointment date. Case status remains "AT NVC". 

Anyone in similar situation?

Updating my status.. there was a development as follows:

Rio de Janeiro - US Consulate

Email sent to NVCExpedite@state.gov - Mar 7th

NVC Acknowledged and Replied - Mar 8th

Consulate Approved Expedite - Mar 9th

NVC Confirmed Case Sent to Consulate and changed status to "In Transit" - Mar 15th

Still waiting for the Consulate to receive my case and schedule the interview/appointment.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, MarcusPires said:

NVC Confirmed Case Sent to Consulate and changed status to "In Transit" - Mar 15th

Still waiting for the Consulate to receive my case and schedule the interview/appointment.

Very nice! It will come soon. If you don't mind me asking, what was the basis for the expedite?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, MarcusPires said:

Thanks for the update Marcus. Can you tell us what exactly "Expedite" means? Does it mean you time from being DQ to receiving the Interview letter will be shortened? 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, JLVS22BR said:

Hi everyone! Just wanted to share with you that we arrived at the US today safe and sound. It took no longer than 10 minutes with the CBP officer - she opened the sealed envelopes, checked a couple documents, and asked some quick questions. Then she stamped our visas and said that we were good to go. I hope for you all that everything goes as smooth as it was for us!

Great news, good luck on your new journey. God bless!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.