JojoandTomas

NOVEMBER 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

97 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Yogesh Baral said:

How do you guys find out about the NVC receiving your case? I haven't received any notification from NVC saying they received my case.

Through inquiry form on their website:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

They don't really give you the exact date though, but you can have an Idea when they respond that they received it. I did inquiries weekly.

Also the timeframe they provide for case creating is not quite accurate, so it's better to check often.

Edited by AneB

6 hours ago, AneB said:

Ohhh, sorry, I only saw this post now hahah

I am the beneficiary, and no, I don't think they asked for my e-mail on I-129F. My fiance is the petitoner, he got the e-mail from NVC, but it was addressed to me, as someone else mentiined above. Same thing.

I still don't know who's gonna get contacted by the consulate, we're still waiting for this part. I'll post here when it happens, ok? 😊

Thank you and yes please post when you get notified by the embassy as I m curious to know what the process is as there is no information online that explains what that process is.

On 1/25/2023 at 6:02 PM, ltfunlu said:

Just got my NVC case number in my mail !!

Hi
Did you get the case number in your e-mail or the regular mail?

Our NOA2 (I-797) case approved from USCIS was on November 01, 2022. After 3 Inquiries and 2 e-mails to NVC Research, we still don't have anything. More than 3 months had passed!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I just got my NVC case number after I sent my public inquiry a few days ago. My NOA2 is 11/22/2021. They emailed me my case number but I did not get an inquiry number. Did any of you guys get an inquiry number?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, allendo said:

I just got my NVC case number after I sent my public inquiry a few days ago. My NOA2 is 11/22/2021. They emailed me my case number but I did not get an inquiry number. Did any of you guys get an inquiry number?

Hi, My NOA2 was Nov 8 2022 and I have received no email

Can you please tell me what email address they used to send your NVC case number so I can look through my spam folder?

12 minutes ago, Doggy_11 said:

Hi, My NOA2 was Nov 8 2022 and I have received no email

Can you please tell me what email address they used to send your NVC case number so I can look through my spam folder?

Have you submitted an inquiry to NVC asking for your case number?

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

On 1/26/2023 at 5:54 AM, Beshoy Farid said:

Thanks , I made chat with askEmma , they told me that USCIS sent my petition on Nov/29 

but I don't know when NVC received my case from USCIS

How did you chat with askEmma? What question specifically did you use to get information about when they sent your petition?
I tried all kinds of questions, they all end up with automated answers pointing to NVC website.

Timeline
On 2/4/2023 at 1:40 PM, Chelseafan67 said:

How did you chat with askEmma? What question specifically did you use to get information about when they sent your petition?
I tried all kinds of questions, they all end up with automated answers pointing to NVC website.

I got the email with: "The correct case number is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX You will be notified once this case is forwarded to the assigned US Embassy/Consulate general"

What's the next step now for me? I thought they were going to mail me forms to fill out?

Timeline
6 hours ago, Doggy_11 said:

I got the email with: "The correct case number is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX You will be notified once this case is forwarded to the assigned US Embassy/Consulate general"

What's the next step now for me? I thought they were going to mail me forms to fill out?

Next, NVC ships the file to adjudicating embassy. With the CEAC #, the beneficiary can contact the embassy and inquire if you can start gathering the supporting documents such as police certificate, medical exam (provided you can take a copy of the welcome letter), fill out DS-160 etc... My case will also be processed at the US embassy in Mumbai, and I am still waiting for CEAC # (NOA2 Dec 6, 2022). Please share if you are able to get more information from the embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

My case changed to "Ready" status yesterday. I submitted the DS 160 and created an account on the embassy portal.

The portal asked me to pay a "visa application processing fee" of $265. After paying that using a debit card, the portal let me pick a date for an interview. The earliest available date was May 4 so I booked it.

Should I have waited for the welcome letter from NVC or instructions from the embassy before scheduling the interview date? I am feeling nervous as heck that I'm going to mess something up. 🥶

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Catperson_rx said:

My case changed to "Ready" status yesterday. I submitted the DS 160 and created an account on the embassy portal.

The portal asked me to pay a "visa application processing fee" of $265. After paying that using a debit card, the portal let me pick a date for an interview. The earliest available date was May 4 so I booked it.

Should I have waited for the welcome letter from NVC or instructions from the embassy before scheduling the interview date? I am feeling nervous as heck that I'm going to mess something up. 🥶

No you are all good. I did the same thing, scheduled my interview before my instructions were received. As long as you receive the instructions before the interview date, you will be fine. If you do not receive them, your interview is automatically canceled.

There will be two more ready's. The only thing you will see change on the CEAC website is "date of last update". on the Third ready, you usually receive the instructions the same day.

Mine:

Jan 9th: Case Arrived to Embassy - First Ready
Jan 9th: Submitted DS-160
Jan 10th: Paid Fees, Signed up for Appointment on Feb 17th
Jan 11th: Made Medical Appointment for Jan 20th
Jan 18th: Second Ready Received
Jan 19th: Third Ready Received - Instructions received

Jan 20th: Medical Exam

Jan 24th: Picked up Medical Results

Our appointment is next week!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.