A031

Tips for Interview (Moroccan Living in Turkey)

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello, our initial petition was recently approved after over a year.

My fiance is a Moroccan citizen who studies and lives in Turkey. She has been there for a year.

We still have to hear from the National Visa Center. Our interview is not scheduled yet. Our main concerns would be being denied or waiting longer.

Our relationship is strong, we only had visited once at the time of our application but have since went on 4 trips total together to different countries (about 3 months in person). We are the same age.

The potential things they may judge on is her living in Turkey to study while being a Moroccan citizen. Maybe they would look at the cultural or traditional religious differences of America and a Muslim country. She will likely have her interview in Turkey which I heard can be hard sometimes if the person decides to be. 

Also, we are wondering how much time it will take since the petition was approved on Sept 30. We have waited over 460 days now. 

Any advice would be appreciated, I researched a ton on this but it's always good to learn more. 😁

Edited by A031

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

not cultural differnces for moroc and Turkey

it would be cultural differnces between u and her

if she is muslim ,  she has to marry muslim according to culture of both countries (not USA)

has she gotten the 2 criminal reports from Morocco for the interview?

• Moroccan citizens should obtain a "fiche anthropomtrique" at the local police office.
  • and 
  • des casiers judiciaires at Place de la Mamounia in Rabat,

Read the noted red flag issues posed by Nolo law / they are the best i have come across

if none of these are an issue with u ,  u r ok

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/red-flags-that-make-uscis-suspect-marriage-fraud.html

Edited by JeanneAdil

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I have read that Turkey is very backlogged.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 10/17/2022 at 4:44 PM, JeanneAdil said:

not cultural differnces for moroc and Turkey

it would be cultural differnces between u and her

if she is muslim ,  she has to marry muslim according to culture of both countries (not USA)

has she gotten the 2 criminal reports from Morocco for the interview?

• Moroccan citizens should obtain a "fiche anthropomtrique" at the local police office.
  • and 
  • des casiers judiciaires at Place de la Mamounia in Rabat,

Read the noted red flag issues posed by Nolo law / they are the best i have come across

if none of these are an issue with u ,  u r ok

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/red-flags-that-make-uscis-suspect-marriage-fraud.html

Thanks for the help! I have a couple questions based on what you said:

1) What would be the best way to approach the religion discussion during the interview? I'm a pale white American and did a conversion from Christianity to becoming Muslim while I was visiting her and her parents in Morocco. Her mom took a video of me reciting things (although my Darija was very bad). We both are not that religious though.

2) Is she able to mail the fiche anthropomtrique & des casiers judiciaires? She is not planning on visiting Morocco soon since she is living in Turkey. It would be expensive so ideally there would be a way she could mail what she needs.

Appreciate the advice!

Timeline

She is the one interviewed, not you, so she should not volunteer information.  She should just answer the questions they ask. Make sure you and your fiance discuss all types of things ahead of time, like whether you will have children, whether they will be raised Muslim, whether you will get married in a mosque, what will she do in the US , will she work or study? Know each other well, because they will ask her things like what do you do for work, and things about you to see how well she knows you.  If you are both on the same page about what you understand about each other and she answers honestly, coming across sincerely is the best thing. 

https://www-consulat-ma.translate.goog/fr/casier-judiciare-pour-les-etrangers?_x_tr_sl=fr&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

https://www-consulat-ma.translate.goog/fr/retrait-de-la-fiche-anthropometrique?_x_tr_sl=fr&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Timeline
On 10/19/2022 at 3:00 PM, A031 said:

1) What would be the best way to approach the religion discussion during the interview? I'm a pale white American and did a conversion from Christianity to becoming Muslim while I was visiting her and her parents in Morocco. Her mom took a video of me reciting things (although my Darija was very bad). We both are not that religious though.

2) Is she able to mail the fiche anthropomtrique & des casiers judiciaires? She is not planning on visiting Morocco soon since she is living in Turkey. It would be expensive so ideally there would be a way she could mail what she needs.

Appreciate the advice!

a written notice from the IMAN that he witnessed the conversion (translate also to English)

embassy will not allow the video inside (or any USB or other such )

Timeline
On 10/19/2022 at 3:00 PM, A031 said:

Appreciate the advice!

she can email to u the reports for the NVC process as CEAC will have u download them

she will take originals to the interview

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2022 at 3:18 PM, A031 said:

Hello, our initial petition was recently approved after over a year.

My fiance is a Moroccan citizen who studies and lives in Turkey. She has been there for a year.

We still have to hear from the National Visa Center. Our interview is not scheduled yet. Our main concerns would be being denied or waiting longer.

Our relationship is strong, we only had visited once at the time of our application but have since went on 4 trips total together to different countries (about 3 months in person). We are the same age.

The potential things they may judge on is her living in Turkey to study while being a Moroccan citizen. Maybe they would look at the cultural or traditional religious differences of America and a Muslim country. She will likely have her interview in Turkey which I heard can be hard sometimes if the person decides to be. 

Also, we are wondering how much time it will take since the petition was approved on Sept 30. We have waited over 460 days now. 

Any advice would be appreciated, I researched a ton on this but it's always good to learn more. 😁

It's highly recommended you bring color photocopies of pictures of each trip (best taken of both of you by someone else that also identify the place....images of boarding passes, airBnB or hotel receipts, receipts for rings if you bought them.....just for additional

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.