danom

Embassy reviewing. (merged)

28 posts in this topic

Hello I was approved for an ir1 visa at the interview in london a month ago and I'm still awaiting ceac to say issued. I had asked the embassy for an update and they originally told me my case was being processed. They now say the case is being reviewed. Does this mean their checks came back and they just have to review them? Or am I reading too much into choice of words

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
1 minute ago, danom said:

No it's been on ready since the interview but the case date was recently updated a few times

your case is likely still in Administrative Processing, which may take some time (weeks, months). Just stay patient and wait. Did the CO give any 221(g) to you in the end of the interview? Did they request any additional information?

1 minute ago, DrJayRough said:

your case is likely still in Administrative Processing, which may take some time (weeks, months). Just stay patient and wait. Did the CO give any 221(g) to you in the end of the interview? Did they request any additional information?

No they never gave me a 221(g) and said no information is required. I called the medical center to make sure the medical was sent. And they confirmed it was sent the day after my interview (though the co never mentioned it or gave me 221(g)).

Timeline
1 minute ago, danom said:

No they never gave me a 221(g) and said no information is required. I called the medical center to make sure the medical was sent. And they confirmed it was sent the day after my interview (though the co never mentioned it or gave me 221(g)).

These are all good signs. If they kept your passport, I think you can expect your visa issued soon! I’m now too waiting for ~two weeks after the interview for my passport been sent back. Similar to your case, approved at the interview, no 221(g), no additional information requested.

2 minutes ago, DrJayRough said:

These are all good signs. If they kept your passport, I think you can expect your visa issued soon! I’m now too waiting for ~two weeks after the interview for my passport been sent back. Similar to your case, approved at the interview, no 221(g), no additional information requested.

Fingers crossed for you! I've found this the hardest wait of the process for sure! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
30 minutes ago, danom said:

They now say the case is being reviewed. Does this mean their checks came back and they just have to review them? Or am I reading too much into choice of words

Those words can be interpreted in many ways.  I don't see any significance.  You just have to wait.  Good luck. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

7 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Those words can be interpreted in many ways.  I don't see any significance.  You just have to wait.  Good luck. 

I asked if they could elaborate but I've not heard back yet. I'm sure I'm overthinking the verbiage, but thought it may be a change in the terminology could indicate some progress. Thanks for the reassurance 🙏

21 hours ago, danom said:

Hello I was approved for an ir1 visa at the interview in london a month ago and I'm still awaiting ceac to say issued. I had asked the embassy for an update and they originally told me my case was being processed. They now say the case is being reviewed. Does this mean their checks came back and they just have to review them? Or am I reading too much into choice of words

My husband had his interview in London on October 3rd and our status still says ready as well.  Praying we get his passport back soon too.  Please let me know how you make out.  Fingers crossed for both of us.

Hello,

I had an IR1 visa interview over a month ago and was advised I was approved, they kept my passport. Ceac is still showing ready so I followed up with the embassy and was told my application was still under review but I haven't been given a 221(g). Does anyone have any insight into what's going on? Can it take that long to put the visa packet together?

Timeline

Ah, I discussed this with you recently. Sorry to hear you are still waiting for your passport...I am still waiting, too

Edited by DrJayRough
Discussed in one of the previous threads

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
27 minutes ago, danom said:

Hello,

I had an IR1 visa interview over a month ago and was advised I was approved, they kept my passport. Ceac is still showing ready so I followed up with the embassy and was told my application was still under review but I haven't been given a 221(g). Does anyone have any insight into what's going on? Can it take that long to put the visa packet together?

All visas go through administrative processing and review after the interview.  Sometimes, it takes a while.  Completely normal.  Patience is still the key.  Good luck.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.