Juwon

MY SPOUSE PASSED AWAY(IR1 VISA)

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Not just for immigration, but for "life" purposes, it's advisable to order multiple copies (a dozen is not too many) of death certificates.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

You can  upload them now and if you don’t get an original in time they will request you submit it before approval . 
You can also order copies by yourself, just Google the state your wife lived in , download instructions , though you will need to have your signature notarized at the US Embassy and it will take a few weeks. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2022 at 9:34 AM, nastra30 said:

They can always go get another certified copy of death certificate from their department of vital records and statistics. They should do so now and express mail it to you.

Sorry for your loss.

Seems like I am on my own after my wife passed away, My wife wasn't in good terms with her family. Most of them are sickos

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Sorry to hear that.  If there's no way to get an original death certificate, maybe take some of her family's correspondence with you to the interview, in which they say that they won't help you.  It's better than nothing.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

5 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Sorry to hear that.  If there's no way to get an original death certificate, maybe take some of her family's correspondence with you to the interview, in which they say that they won't help you.  It's better than nothing.

The lawyer representing my late wife and I told me to photocopy(in colored) the scanned death certificate sent to me by my sister-in-law and take to my interview. She told me she submitted the original death certificate to the department of transportation when my wife vehicle was to change ownership to another buyer, since then, she has refused to order another copy from the vital records. Do you think the photocopy should work?  the information on the photocopy is genuine of the original copy

As a surviving spouse, you are entitled to request an original death certificate.  You can do so online - go here: https://www.vitalchek.com/order_main.aspx?eventtype=DEATH and select the state where your wife passed away.  Depending on the state you may need to upload a copy of your marriage certificate and a copy of your ID, to prove that you are the surviving spouse. 

Eighteen years in the US and I still don't understand Velveeta, TV ads for prescription drugs, only getting 2 weeks paid vacation, or why anyone believes anything they see on Fox "News".

On 10/4/2022 at 8:36 AM, Family said:

You must carry an Original death certificate to the interview, this is a must. 
Even though you were DQ, you were required to also notify NVC and upload I-864 W ( exemption). 
You should upload the death certificate and I-864 W now .

Please could you respond to this post on some clarification. I received a reminder for my interview to upload an IRS transcript for my interview, I have already submitted the I-184W on the CEAC website, I am filing as a widower of a US visa. Do I still need to show a financial sponsor to be eligible for a visa? I have no reason why the embassy is asking me to upload an IRS transcript, my wife already submitted an irs transcript in 2019 before she passed away in 2022 and it was accepted by NVC, now the embassy wants an updated for 2021.

1 minute ago, Juwon said:
On 10/4/2022 at 12:36 AM, Family said:

You must carry an Original death certificate to the interview, this is a must. 
Even though you were DQ, you were required to also notify NVC and upload I-864 W ( exemption). 
You should upload the death certificate and I-864 W now .

Please could you respond to this post on some clarification. I received a reminder for my interview to upload an IRS transcript for my interview, I have already submitted the I-184W on the CEAC website, I am filing as a widower of a US visa. Do I still need to show a financial sponsor to be eligible for a visa? I have no reason why the embassy is asking me to upload an IRS transcript, my wife already submitted an irs transcript in 2019 before she passed away in 2022 and it was accepted by NVC, now the embassy wants an updated for 2021

You do not need anyone to be a Sponsor as you are exempt. You can email the embassy clarification that your wife passed and your case is now an I-360 conversion.

6 minutes ago, Family said:

You do not need anyone to be a Sponsor as you are exempt. You can email the embassy clarification that your wife passed and your case is now an I-360 conversion.

Thank you for your response, I called the embassy yesterday in Lagos Nigeria, the call representative told me '' If the embassy is requesting an IRS, then, they must have it''  I try explaining things to him that my wife passed away and I don't need a sponsor anymore, he however, said, I can still come to the interview and explain to the consular officer.

1 minute ago, Juwon said:

Thank you for your response, I called the embassy yesterday in Lagos Nigeria, the call representative told me '' If the embassy is requesting an IRS, then, they must have it''  I try explaining things to him that my wife passed away and I don't need a sponsor anymore, he however, said, I can still come to the interview and explain to the consular officer

Still send the email so that you have a record of communication and hopefully  it will get to the IV Officer. 
Take as much proof of your married life as you can ..but be prepared to be refused until you can produce an original death certificate. 
As I indicated before, it’s a perfect time to download a request form and have your signature notarized at the embassy either before or after your interview.

3 minutes ago, Family said:

Still send the email so that you have a record of communication and hopefully  it will get to the IV Officer. 
Take as much proof of your married life as you can ..but be prepared to be refused until you can produce an original death certificate. 
As I indicated before, it’s a perfect time to download a request form and have your signature notarized at the embassy either before or after your interview.

I have uploaded a certified copy which was scanned to me by my wife niece. This was an email from my lawyer: it would be best to get the original death certificates for both Tony and Sharon, but if you only have copies, I've never seen a client get denied for this. I think you can just explain that you tried to get the originals but couldn't get it in time and have the copies of the certified copies. What do you think about that?

16 minutes ago, Family said:

I have also printed the conversation between myself and my wife niece( a sicko) where she wrote to me, how she ordered only 1 certified copy through the funeral director and how she submitted the only certified copy to the Pennsylvania department of transportation when my wife vehicle had to changed ownership to another buyer, I wasn't even informed when she sold the vehicle. Do you think the printed conversation will help?

30 minutes ago, Juwon said:

I have also printed the conversation between myself and my wife niece( a sicko) where she wrote to me, how she ordered only 1 certified copy through the funeral director and how she submitted the only certified copy to the Pennsylvania department of transportation when my wife vehicle had to changed ownership to another buyer, I wasn't even informed when she sold the vehicle. Do you think the printed conversation will help?

Sorry but you keep repeating this and I keep telling you that you CAN get one yourself…maybe the niece and other family members did not approve of the marriage…

6 minutes ago, Family said:

Sorry but you keep repeating this and I keep telling you that you CAN get one yourself…maybe the niece and other family members did not approve of the marriage…

That Family has big problems. They say one thing now and next moment, it' s a different thing. My wife has told me never to trust any of them because she never trusted them either till she passed away. Everyone does their thing. I hope you understand 

22 minutes ago, Family said:

And I have been married since 2015 up until my wife suddenly passed away in May 2022. Just because some crazy member in a family don't like your wife don't mean their wasn't real love between spouses. A marriage of 2015 - 2022 isn't a joke

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.