James&Edna

About application transfer

9 posts in this topic

Welcome to the loooong wait.  Something that confused me when I first started the K! process.  You sent the application to a lockbox in TX, not to the Texas Service Center.   It is forwarded to the California Service Center (CSC) where nearly all I129F are processed.  The only exceptions seem to be if the petitioner has a criminal background, in which case it is transferred to Vermont Service Center.

The folks on VJ who post that their I129F petition is in Texas Service Center are confused about this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, James&Edna said:

How can I find out whether the Form I-129F is transferred?

You'll receive a notice that your case was transferred.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
23 hours ago, Nuba said:

Welcome to the loooong wait.  Something that confused me when I first started the K! process.  You sent the application to a lockbox in TX, not to the Texas Service Center.   It is forwarded to the California Service Center (CSC) where nearly all I129F are processed.  The only exceptions seem to be if the petitioner has a criminal background, in which case it is transferred to Vermont Service Center.

The folks on VJ who post that their I129F petition is in Texas Service Center are confused about this.

The receipt number for the acknowledgement of receiving our application begins with "WAC", should we consider it as that it's transferred to California service centre because the WAC stands for Western Adjudication Center which is the California service centre???

1 hour ago, James&Edna said:

The receipt number for the acknowledgement of receiving our application begins with "WAC", should we consider it as that it's transferred to California service centre because the WAC stands for Western Adjudication Center which is the California service centre???

Yes it is being processed in the California center. Technically it wasn't transferred there since it was just forwarded from the lock box in TX where we all sent our I29F petitions.  I got confused because my check was cashed in TX so I thought the petition would be adjudicated there.  Took me a while to understand that was just the gatekeeper who passed it on to CA.

Other types of visa applications are processed at multiple centers and can be transferred from the queue in one service center to another. Currently all of us I129F filers are in the CA center from NOA1 until NOA2.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, Nuba said:

Yes it is being processed in the California center. Technically it wasn't transferred there since it was just forwarded from the lock box in TX where we all sent our I29F petitions.  I got confused because my check was cashed in TX so I thought the petition would be adjudicated there.  Took me a while to understand that was just the gatekeeper who passed it on to CA.

Other types of visa applications are processed at multiple centers and can be transferred from the queue in one service center to another. Currently all of us I129F filers are in the CA center from NOA1 until NOA2.

Thank you very for the help!!🙏. Should I change the service centre on the Visa journey profile? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.