ConsistentCut

Do I upload a revised I864 and I864A prior to my interview?(merged)

17 posts in this topic

When we submitted our first set of documents, it was for the 2020 tax year as 2021 had not yet ended. Fast forward a year later, and my interview is in 2 weeks. I was told to upload my wife's mothers I-864A prior to the interview, but she has filled it out according to the 2021 tax year. Should I also submit a revised I864 from my wife and a revised I864A from her father? They are already filled out and ready to go according to the 2021 tax year.

Should I also upload the other current documents I intend to bring to the interview, such as lease agreement, pictures, affidavits, pay stubs, and proof of domicile? Or should I just wait on these other things until asked at the interview? Will it help or hurt my chances of approval to upload them now?

Edited by ConsistentCut

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
19 minutes ago, ConsistentCut said:

When we submitted our first set of documents, it was for the 2020 tax year as 2021 had not yet ended. Fast forward a year later, and my interview is in 2 weeks. I was told to upload my wife's mothers I-864A prior to the interview, but she has filled it out according to the 2021 tax year. Should I also submit a revised I864 from my wife and a revised I864A from her father? They are already filled out and ready to go according to the 2021 tax year.

Should I also upload the other current documents I intend to bring to the interview, such as lease agreement, pictures, affidavits, pay stubs, and proof of domicile? Or should I just wait on these other things until asked at the interview? Will it help or hurt my chances of approval to upload them now?

You could  just redo both forms with accurate information and "replace" the previous financial documents.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

7 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

You could  just redo both forms with accurate information and "replace" the previous financial documents.

How do I replace them? I am DQed for consular processing and CEAC/NVC just has 'Accepted." When I try and click on most the documents, it won't even let me view them, let alone replace them. I can't change any of the 'required documents' but I seem to be able to submit additional ones. Will the drop down for those documents automatically replace the ones that are on there? For example, if I click "add a document' and then select 'I864' will it replace the I864 that's already been uploaded?

Edited by ConsistentCut

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ConsistentCut said:

How do I replace them? I am DQed for consular processing and CEAC/NVC just has 'Accepted." When I try and click on most the documents, it won't even let me view them, let alone replace them. I can't change any of the 'required documents' but I seem to be able to submit additional ones. Will the drop down for those documents automatically replace the ones that are on there? For example, if I click "add a document' and then select 'I864' will it replace the I864 that's already been uploaded?

Try it and find out.  There...IS...a replace function.  I do think it's a question you see after you click to add.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
11 minutes ago, ConsistentCut said:

Ok I will try it. What about all the additional stuff, just go ahead and upload it all?

All new updated financial package.  Not sure what you mean by additional stuff.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

4 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

All new updated financial package.  Not sure what you mean by additional stuff.

Voter registration, pay stubs from cosponsors, bank records, utility bill and other proof of domicile, car registration and insurance, job applications, more photos, lease agreement, affidavits, etc.

Edited by ConsistentCut

Timeline
6 minutes ago, ConsistentCut said:

Voter registration, pay stubs from cosponsors, bank records, utility bill and other proof of domicile, car registration and insurance, job applications, more photos, lease agreement, affidavits, etc.

Financial package is anything supporting the affidavits of support forms and the new updated forms.  How do "more photos" and "lease agreements" or "affidavits" other than the actual affidavits of support relate to the financial package?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

9 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Financial package is anything supporting the affidavits of support forms and the new updated forms.  How do "more photos" and "lease agreements" or "affidavits" other than the actual affidavits of support relate to the financial package?

It doesn't relate to the financial package, but it relates to the overall case. I have to prove domicile for my wife and cosponsors right? I have to prove we have a bona fide marriage? So should I upload current/revised evidence of such or wait for the interview?

Edited by ConsistentCut

Timeline
4 hours ago, ConsistentCut said:

It doesn't relate to the financial package, but it relates to the overall case. I have to prove domicile for my wife and cosponsors right? I have to prove we have a bona fide marriage? So should I upload current/revised evidence of such or wait for the interview?

I'm discussing the financial package.  If you have other questions, ask them as other questions.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

My wife lives with her parents at their house. We got her Dad to fill out I-864A, the contract between spouse and household member. But is he actually a household member? They don't file taxes together and this:

From the field manual:

(c)  Sponsors who use Form I-864 may qualify based only upon their own income and/or assets if either or both are sufficient to reach the income requirement.  If the sponsor’s combined income and assets are not sufficient to meet the governing threshold, the sponsor may include the income and or/assets of another household member if the household member:

(i)     Is at least 18 years of age;

(ii)    Is included in the calculation of the household size;

(iii)    Has the same principal residence as the sponsor (or is the sponsor’s spouse); and

(iv)   Has completed and signed the Form I-864A;

technically means he isn't her household member, because he is NOT included in the calculation of household size on the I-864. The household size of my wife according to the I864 is TWO, me and her. Did we fill out the wrong form? My interview is in 10 days.

My wife is the petitioner, and she lives at her parents house. Her Dad is working and her mom is retired. My wife has $0 income. Her parents agreed to consponsor us. Both of her parents filled out I864A. But now, after reading this, I think it is a mistake. He and my wife fill out separate I864s, and her mom fills out I864A with her dad, right?

Edited by ConsistentCut

But in the instructions for the I-864A, it says this!

Who May Be Considered a Household Member for Purposes of Form I-864A?

2. The spouse, parent, child, adult son or daughter, or sibling relative of the sponsor, if that relative has the same principal residence as the sponsor; or

So we did fill out the correct form??? Honestly this process is infuriating.

Edited by ConsistentCut

• Ontarkie changed the title to Do I upload a revised I864 and I864A prior to my interview?(merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Related threads merged. Please do not start a new thread for duplicate or related questions. Keep them to this ones thread. As multiple threads are considered spamming.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.