2,974 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

There is nothing to reconsider. He had not filed for VAWA at his appointment. He admitted no longer with spouse. His VAWA was approved in 2022. Two years after it was denied.  

The only way he can ask for reconsideration was if he filed for VAWA prior to October 2020 date and his receipt reflects that date. 

Furthermore. USCIS does not have to hold your I-485. There is no requirement to do so. The IO adjudicated it appropriately. 

You are going to spend money and resources for your reconsideration to be denied in another year. 

Got it, thank you! I actually did file i360 prior to my immigration interview but I see the potential struggle to reopen the case.

1 hour ago, Pinkrlion said:

There is nothing to reconsider. He had not filed for VAWA at his appointment. He admitted no longer with spouse. His VAWA was approved in 2022. Two years after it was denied.  

The only way he can ask for reconsideration was if he filed for VAWA prior to October 2020 date and his receipt reflects that date. 

Furthermore. USCIS does not have to hold your I-485. There is no requirement to do so. The IO adjudicated it appropriately. 

You are going to spend money and resources for your reconsideration to be denied in another year. 

My interview date was October 2020 and me and lawyer were working on our vawa case. The official receipt notice was on dec 2020 for my vawa. Me and ex wife were divorced and My lawyer told me that she went to interview herself and talked w the officer and got promised that they will hold it. Since then it’s still showing that interview has scheduled for Oct 2020. I was able to get 2 renewed ead and advance parole through my existing i485 which makes me believe that they are still holding it I hope I’m not wrong. Vawa is still pending. What do you guys think? I will also get a denial for my i485? I’m not sure if I can get approval for i360, how can I still use existing i485, I’ve been waiting 35 months for  vawa and I don’t feel any strong left in me to wait additional years for i485 interview:(

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, 2020filer said:

Got it, thank you! I actually did file i360 prior to my immigration interview but I see the potential struggle to reopen the case.

What is the date on your receipt for I-360. Was it on the date of your I-485 interview?

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

5 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

You are right , I thought his vawa was approved prior to i485 denial like in my case

7 hours ago, 2020filer said:

I’m also not able to schedule the infopass because my application is under VAWA and all they tell me to do is to call Vermont..

Or I should say mail Vermont 

If your i485 was denied prior to i360 approval, the only option is filing a new i485. Mine was denied after i360 approval 

3 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

What is the date on your receipt for I-360. Was it on the date of your I-485 interview?

No, the i360 Receipt Date is in September, and the interview was in October 

19 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

You are right , I thought his vawa was approved prior to i485 denial like in my case

Yea, my VAWA was approved prior to i485 denial, and it was even received before my first interview. I’m curious how were you able to schedule an infopass? 

1 minute ago, God is a good God said:

Means they forgot to keep it in abeyance ?

Well, it’s been held for 2 years until I inquired with the senator a month ago. I don’t know then why they were holding it if they didn’t know about filed i360… so strange 

17 minutes ago, 2020filer said:

Yea, my VAWA was approved prior to i485 denial, and it was even received before my first interview. I’m curious how were you able to schedule an infopass? 

I did two successful infopass since my i485 denial, and thinking doing another one this week, just want to make sure the officer has my RFE because I only have one chance now or I’ll have to file a new i485. What I always tell them is that I wanted to go submit documents that I think the officer didn’t receive even though the post office showed delivered, and they always give me infopass

21 minutes ago, 2020filer said:

Well, it’s been held for 2 years until I inquired with the senator a month ago. I don’t know then why they were holding it if they didn’t know about filed i360… so strange 

Very strange yes. Just get ready to file a new one or try an infopass and go hear from them what happened to your case

9 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

I did two successful infopass since my i485 denial, and thinking doing another one this week, just want to make sure the officer has my RFE because I only have one chance now or I’ll have to file a new i485. What I always tell them is that I wanted to go submit documents that I think the officer didn’t receive even though the post office showed delivered, and they always give me infopass

Hm do you call and tell them that or you tell them that already at the spot? I could never manage to go past my receipt number and they say they don’t have access to my file. Also, do you think going to infopass in NYC would be okay if my case was rejected out of Miami? Thanks 

My interview date was October 2020 and me and lawyer were working on our vawa case. The official receipt notice was on dec 2020 for my vawa. Me and ex wife were divorced and My lawyer told me that she went to interview herself and talked w the officer and got promised that they will hold it. Since then it’s still showing that interview has scheduled for Oct 2020. I was able to get 2 renewed ead and advance parole through my existing i485 which makes me believe that they are still holding it I hope I’m not wrong. Vawa is still pending. What do you guys think? I will also get a denial for my i485? I’m not sure if I can get approval for i360, how can I still use existing i485, I’ve been waiting 35 months for  vawa and I don’t feel any strong left in me to wait additional years for i485 interview:(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.