2,974 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Hope21 said:

will attach here my court letter on there some ink by judge was ordering what we should do . The judge was not receipt any my I-360 receipt  that time my attorney was telling I will send it to your honor .. etc and judge said we can’t deport this guy on going situation in his country so next hearing I want to see these I-485 or I-360 to terminate his removal . After hearing even my attorney told me that when we will get approved we will present it to judge and ask termination and then we will submit I-485 in court but now wait wit wait .. even no receipt judge administratively closed my removal .

The judge admin closed your case to give you a chance to get the I-360 approved. Once that got approved a motion to re calendar/ terminate is necessary to pit case back ob docket and get in front of judge .

The I-485 renewal noted just tells me you had already applied for adjustment w your abuser spouse ( I -130/I-485) before being placed in removal …and that I-485 is currently on hold w USCIS ( in abeyance ) until removal is terminated. ..so you won’t even need to file a new one..just update anything needed ( ex new medical and I-864 W) usually via an RFE they send after they get copy of termination.

So get your motion filed w the court asap 

1 hour ago, Family said:

The judge admin closed your case to give you a chance to get the I-360 approved. Once that got approved a motion to re calendar/ terminate is necessary to pit case back ob docket and get in front of judge .

The I-485 renewal noted just tells me you had already applied for adjustment w your abuser spouse ( I -130/I-485) before being placed in removal …and that I-485 is currently on hold w USCIS ( in abeyance ) until removal is terminated. ..so you won’t even need to file a new one..just update anything needed ( ex new medical and I-864 W) usually via an RFE they send after they get copy of termination.

So get your motion filed w the court asap 

I-485 was denied cuz I didn’t attend interview. after I got letter from uscis they also mentioned that I did not go interview a month later they automatically send my case to deportation court.  

yes it was absolutely that . judge was closing my case to focus I-360.

Time flies guys! I feel like only yesterday I was applying for EAD extension but its was 2 years ago and now its the time to get another extension. I don't remember (or my brain blacked it out) but how do we get the fee waiver? I don't remember filling out the form to request a fee waiver and my extension will be based on a pending i485 application. Anyone can remind me of the extension process again please?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It's Sunday!  Time for our hilarious, upvote-worthy Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

==============================================

THE THREE BANK-ROBBERS

Three bank-robbers -- a redhead, a brunette, and a blonde -- were trying to evade the police when they came across a farm.  Being short on time and options, they decided to hide in the barn.  The redhead hid near the horses, the brunette hid near the cows, and the blonde hid in a pile of potatoes.

When the police came to search the barn, they first came to the horse stables.

The redhead let out a hefty "Neigh!"  The cops were convinced that the horses were indeed alone, so the redhead escaped.

The police then searched the cow pens.

The brunette had heard what the first robber had done, and belted out a deep "Mooooo."

The cops were again convinced, and the brunette was able to escape.

The police finally turned to the stall where the blonde had hidden.  As they came close, they suddenly heard, "POTATO!"
:P 

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

7 hours ago, samjersey said:

After getting a Green Card, if you move to a new address, is it mandatory to notify the USCIS of your change in address  and this requirement continues until you attain citizenship ?

Technically yeah. It is extremely weakly enforced, but considering that the whole thing is a short form you file online - just do it until you naturalize where you can give USCIS the ole' one finger salute.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

On 9/20/2023 at 10:43 AM, balo101 said:

no tier 2 will not have much access either. Just him/her for the appointment.

After explaining my situation to Tier 2,  finally I got the infopass appointment. The only available time is tomorrow. I asked Tier 2 what I should bring. The officer said,  "bring any notices you received about the case."

I wish I have more time to bring an FBI report, police report, or anything about my background report. It has been almost 3 years since my I360 got approved. I485 has been stuck at the background security check since then so I really don't want to ruin this chance. Any suggestions? Thanks fam! 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
26 minutes ago, steve_o said:

After explaining my situation to Tier 2,  finally I got the infopass appointment. The only available time is tomorrow. I asked Tier 2 what I should bring. The officer said,  "bring any notices you received about the case."

I wish I have more time to bring an FBI report, police report, or anything about my background report. It has been almost 3 years since my I360 got approved. I485 has been stuck at the background security check since then so I really don't want to ruin this chance. Any suggestions? Thanks fam! 

When was the last time they did fingerprints?

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ozy7 said:

Dec 2020 and nothing

44 minutes ago, BollyB1 said:

May 2021, still waiting 🙃

I should post another joke...

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.