Nickm1002

RFE for proof of divorce (help)

33 posts in this topic

So I can just make a copy of this 40 page document (mistakenly thought 37) send it in

And I'll be good? 

Here is page 1 and the last page for reference, I'll be sending all 40 but wanna make sure it's correct document for sure.

I just don't wanna mess this up lol.

Thanks

Screenshot_20220914-154620_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20220914-154757_Drive.jpg

Edited by Nickm1002

1 hour ago, Nickm1002 said:

So I can just make a copy of this 40 page document (mistakenly thought 37) send it in

And I'll be good? 

Here is page 1 and the last page for reference, I'll be sending all 40 but wanna make sure it's correct document for sure.

I just don't wanna mess this up lol.

Thanks

Screenshot_20220914-154620_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20220914-154757_Drive.jpg

Yes, send all.  I have the same.  We just finished our I-130 journey and hubby is now here with me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

The entire divorce decree is sufficient evidence that the previous marriage was terminated.  Just send the entire thing.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

6 hours ago, Nickm1002 said:

Okay thanks and I keep the original and send in just a copy I make?

Thanks again, congrats on finishing the journey btw!

I'm sorry for all the questions, just as someone who suffers from aniexty knowing if we don't do the perfect response the whole thing will be denied is extremely scary and stressful so I'm trying to make 100% sure on everything.

From reading through this thread it does seem like sending the full 40 is the only option anyway in Texas, seems like we don't have that 1 page $20 thing I've seen people talking about.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Nickm1002 said:

Make sure it says "filed", which will make it final

It is not final until it says "filed" or gets a registration number

Timeline
7 hours ago, Nickm1002 said:

I would just go back to the courthouse and get an original certified copy that says "filed" and send them the whole 40 page document, it is safer.

I'm a bit paranoid, but it's better to be safe lol

@Nickm1002, what you got is digital copy correct? downloaded from Harris County site... that is considered original certified how many times you print it.  upload/mail it for your RFE.  Simple.  The more you wait, the more you delay response to your RFE.

8 hours ago, hunny&me said:

@Nickm1002, what you got is digital copy correct? downloaded from Harris County site... that is considered original certified how many times you print it.  upload/mail it for your RFE.  Simple.  The more you wait, the more you delay response to your RFE.

I actually just have the 40 pages from when my lawyer gave it, I was just going to copy all 40 and send it.

Depending on price to copy I may just go to the district office and pick up a copy there, I live really close

Edited by Nickm1002

37 minutes ago, Nickm1002 said:

I actually just have the 40 pages from when my lawyer gave it, I was just going to copy all 40 and send it.

Depending on price to copy I may just go to the district office and pick up a copy there, I live really close

It's a dollar per page.  So $40 for you.  And they email you a zipped copy (found my receipt and email).  Maybe you can ask the digital copy from your Lawyer?    If your printed copy is clear/neat, you can probably scan it and produce a good pdf copy.

5 hours ago, hunny&me said:

It's a dollar per page.  So $40 for you.  And they email you a zipped copy (found my receipt and email).  Maybe you can ask the digital copy from your Lawyer?    If your printed copy is clear/neat, you can probably scan it and produce a good pdf copy.

Hello, I'm looking online, Is this the right thing to buy? It's the only thing with alot of pages and it's only $9.00 with 40 pages, which matches the 40 pages in the decree I have so I think its that, but Wanna make sure.. sorry I feel so stupid lol...

I chose Electronic - 11 pages and Up - .10 per page.

orororo.png

Screenshot (19).png

Edited by Nickm1002

Timeline
4 hours ago, Nickm1002 said:

Here is the full list of options.

full list.png

Normally it is the final and filed decree they want, it says "filed" and has stamps from the judge and courthouse. (I don't think they will read the 40 pages, but just send them in to be safe, like everyone said before). I would just go to the courthouse, if you say it's not far, and get a copy there (at least you can ask questions), it is safer and quicker, you get that immediately and you can reply to the RFE directly.

9 hours ago, Nickm1002 said:

Hello, I'm looking online, Is this the right thing to buy? It's the only thing with alot of pages and it's only $9.00 with 40 pages, which matches the 40 pages in the decree I have so I think its that, but Wanna make sure.. sorry I feel so stupid lol...

I chose Electronic - 11 pages and Up - .10 per page.

orororo.png

Screenshot (19).png

Yes, that's the one.  They change fees now.  - it made sense, now that it is electronic.. mine came out to $7.60 ($5 +1 + 1.6) now, Oct last year was $26.    Yours is $9 ($5 + $1 (first 10 pages)  + 3 (last 30 pages).

It will be emailed to you right away after payment, with attached zip..(at least, this was in October 2021).

Edited by hunny&me

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.