Purigorotta8

K1 delay question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I petition for the K1 and submitted an I-129f form April of 2021 and received the NOA1 later that same month. It's August 2022 and I have yet to receive any NOA2 and when I try calling USCIS the automated system hangs up on me. I submitted a service request online and USCIS sent an email to me stating that a representative will look into the case and get back to me with in 45 days with a notice of action. Has anybody submitted or inquired a service request like I did or is this just another USCIS bluff? 

Anyways, I mailed my packet to TSC, but I suppose  CSC is handling it now, it's very frustrating that I do not get any notice from the USCIS regarding my status and it's almost a year and a half since I petitioned. I can't even talk to a live person in the USCIS to inquire about anything. Is anybody else on the same boat?  According to VJ they are already processing the K1 applicants from June 2021 already.... Are there any suggestions that I can do other than to wait?

39 minutes ago, Purigorotta8 said:

I petition for the K1 and submitted an I-129f form April of 2021 and received the NOA1 later that same month. It's August 2022 and I have yet to receive any NOA2 and when I try calling USCIS the automated system hangs up on me. I submitted a service request online and USCIS sent an email to me stating that a representative will look into the case and get back to me with in 45 days with a notice of action. Has anybody submitted or inquired a service request like I did or is this just another USCIS bluff? 

Anyways, I mailed my packet to TSC, but I suppose  CSC is handling it now, it's very frustrating that I do not get any notice from the USCIS regarding my status and it's almost a year and a half since I petitioned. I can't even talk to a live person in the USCIS to inquire about anything. Is anybody else on the same boat?  According to VJ they are already processing the K1 applicants from June 2021 already.... Are there any suggestions that I can do other than to wait?

Some others from April are still waiting for approval. 

And all I-129Fs for K1 are handled in California. You sent your petition to a lockbox in Texas not USCIS. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
18 hours ago, ROK2USA said:

Some others from April are still waiting for approval. 

And all I-129Fs for K1 are handled in California. You sent your petition to a lockbox in Texas not USCIS. 

Thanks for letting me know, now I'm wondering why some cases are faster than other cases...

7 hours ago, Purigorotta8 said:

Thanks for letting me know, now I'm wondering why some cases are faster than other cases...

USCIS approvals appear to be random...

Do not think it has anything to do with the strength of your case or package. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm not sure if it's the same automated system I called to get a status update on my K1 fiancee visa, but when I called trying to reach a person to get up an update, there was an automated system that hung up on me when I tried to reach a live person.  Basically, it means the que is so full that the system can't put you in the holding que.  I just called repeatedly (maybe 8 to 10 times) until I got lucky and it put me on hold.  After holding for 45 minutes to an hour I was able to talk to someone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.