cphilipp

Timeline DCF Frankfurt 2022

110 posts in this topic

Hi, is anyone doing DCF with the Frankfurt Consulate at the moment? 

Based on previous posts in this forum, I assumed that the I-130 approval would go very fast (2 to 3 weeks). However, it's been 3.5 weeks since the Consulate received the documents and there is no update yet. 

Would be interesting to hear timelines of others who recently filed with the Frankfurt Consulate. 

Another question: Do I need an interview date for the medical exam in Germany or just a case number and the confirmation of the DS-260? I was able to get an appointment in September and hope to get the approval of the I-130 by then. 

28 minutes ago, Alexkr said:

Yes, same situation here. Documents received by the consulate August 3rd, no result yet. They say they don’t know how long it might take.

How did you get a medical appointment without case # and without an interview date?

I received the approval of the I-130 and a case number last week, exactly 4 weeks after receipt by the consulate. 

I actually have my medical tomorrow - they only require the case number and the confirmation page of the DS-260.

Hope you're hearing back from them soon!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

We are still waiting for the I-130 approval. It was received by the consulate on August 4th, so it’s taken quite a bit of time. 

I have some questions about the medical exam. It seems like there are no available appointments till late October / early November. How were you able to get one in September? Also, did you need the case number and DS-260 confirmation when making the appointment or for the appointment itself? Also, don’t you need to wait for the second package to be approved (the one with police certificates, etc.) to be able to do the DS-260? Sorry for all the questions! We are trying to do everything as efficiently as possible, especially with medical appointments being so full. Thank you! 

9 minutes ago, Iva7 said:

We are still waiting for the I-130 approval. It was received by the consulate on August 4th, so it’s taken quite a bit of time. 

I have some questions about the medical exam. It seems like there are no available appointments till late October / early November. How were you able to get one in September? Also, did you need the case number and DS-260 confirmation when making the appointment or for the appointment itself? Also, don’t you need to wait for the second package to be approved (the one with police certificates, etc.) to be able to do the DS-260? Sorry for all the questions! We are trying to do everything as efficiently as possible, especially with medical appointments being so full. Thank you! 

I regulary checked the appointments on doctolib. Whenever someone cancels their appointment, it becomes available and suddenly you see appointments popping up in the next couple of days. I guess you need a bit of luck. There is also a waiting list that you can sign up for on doctolib, but I found that they do not inform you quickly enough to get the appointment that becomes available. So just keep checking doctolib for the Frankfurt and Berlin appointments (I would focus on Frankfurt). They seem to have more appointments available and they were rellay nice and fast - I was finished in 1 hour and 20 minutes. 

You can do the DS-260 as soon as your I-130 is approved and you have a case number. Then you mail all required documents (birth certificate, police reports, I-864, etc.) to the consulate. 

Hope that helps!

Timeline
17 minutes ago, cphilipp said:

I regulary checked the appointments on doctolib. Whenever someone cancels their appointment, it becomes available and suddenly you see appointments popping up in the next couple of days. I guess you need a bit of luck. There is also a waiting list that you can sign up for on doctolib, but I found that they do not inform you quickly enough to get the appointment that becomes available. So just keep checking doctolib for the Frankfurt and Berlin appointments (I would focus on Frankfurt). They seem to have more appointments available and they were rellay nice and fast - I was finished in 1 hour and 20 minutes. 

You can do the DS-260 as soon as your I-130 is approved and you have a case number. Then you mail all required documents (birth certificate, police reports, I-864, etc.) to the consulate. 

Hope that helps!

Huge help! Thank you so much!! The lease on our apartment ends mid October and we have been stressing that we won’t be able to get everything done in time but this gives me a bit of hope we might make it. 

7 minutes ago, Iva7 said:

Huge help! Thank you so much!! The lease on our apartment ends mid October and we have been stressing that we won’t be able to get everything done in time but this gives me a bit of hope we might make it. 

7 minutes ago, Iva7 said:

Just have everything ready for the next package. I filled out the DS-260 on the day when I got the I-130 approval and mailed my documents the next day. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, cphilipp said:

Just have everything ready for the next package. I filled out the DS-260 on the day when I got the I-130 approval and mailed my documents the next day. 

Yes, we’ve got things ready. The documents required are police certificates, affidavit of support and birth certificate of beneficiary, correct? Just making sure we are not missing anything. 

3 hours ago, Iva7 said:

Yes, we’ve got things ready. The documents required are police certificates, affidavit of support and birth certificate of beneficiary, correct? Just making sure we are not missing anything. 

Yes, plus tax transcripts/returns and mabye some documentation for reestablishing domicile.

You will also be required to turn in your original marriage certificate and divorce certificates, if applicable. 

One more photograph and a copy of your passport. 

And when they send you the approval you will need to print out the last page of the email to fill out. 

Timeline
On 8/31/2022 at 11:24 AM, Alexkr said:

Yes, same situation here. Documents received by the consulate August 3rd, no result yet. They say they don’t know how long it might take.

Hi, have you received your approval email yet? It’s 5 weeks today since they received our documents and still nothing. 

Hi everyone!

We are about to send the request for DCF to the Embassy in Frankfurt. Your timelines make me a bit anxious.. 

I'd like to share our timeline with you too, if that's alright?

DCF Frankfurt

• September 13, 2022: Contacted US Consulate in Frankfurt with copy of offer from petitioners work
  • September 14, 2022: Consulate writes back and asks for copy of petitioners’ residence permit. Response sent same day. 
  • September 15, 2022: Consulate chooses to accept I-130 petition (consular filing)
  • September 19, 2022: I-130 application sent to consulate
  • September 29, 2022: I-130 application approved by consulate. Second package of documents requested
  • October 5, 2022: Doctor’s appointment in Munich
  • October 10, 2022: Sent package 3 of documents to consulate in Frankfurt 
  • October 20, 2022: Received feedback from consulate about scheduling an interview. Request for interview submitted. 
  • October 23, 2022: Appointment made for November 1st at 8:00 AM
  • November 1, 2022:  Interview appointment in Frankfurt
  • November 2, 2022: Received UPS update that visa got dropped of
  • November 3, 2022: VISA IN HAND! 🥳🥳

2 hours ago, Inx said:

Hi everyone!

We are about to send the request for DCF to the Embassy in Frankfurt. Your timelines make me a bit anxious.. 

I'd like to share our timeline with you too, if that's alright?

I'm going to have my interview appointment in October, 2 months after the consulate received the I-130 petition. So there is still some hope. 

We put a lot of effort into the I-130/I-864, wrote a cover letter that explained all supporting documents, and organized them in various sections to make it as easy as possible for them. 

The I-130 approval still took 4 weeks which is longer than what people reported in previous posts from this year. Everything after that went super fast, though. 

Edited by cphilipp

6 minutes ago, cphilipp said:

I'm going to have my interview appointment in October, 2 months after the consulate received the I-130 petition. So there is still some hope. 

We put a lot of effort into the I-130/I-864, wrote a cover letter that explained all supporting documents, and organized them in various sections to make it as easy for them as possible. 

The I-130 approval still took 4 weeks which is longer than what people reported in previous posts from this year. Everything after that went super fast, though. 

That's great! Congrats! 2 month and a bit isn't so bad to receive the visa :)

DCF Frankfurt

• September 13, 2022: Contacted US Consulate in Frankfurt with copy of offer from petitioners work
  • September 14, 2022: Consulate writes back and asks for copy of petitioners’ residence permit. Response sent same day. 
  • September 15, 2022: Consulate chooses to accept I-130 petition (consular filing)
  • September 19, 2022: I-130 application sent to consulate
  • September 29, 2022: I-130 application approved by consulate. Second package of documents requested
  • October 5, 2022: Doctor’s appointment in Munich
  • October 10, 2022: Sent package 3 of documents to consulate in Frankfurt 
  • October 20, 2022: Received feedback from consulate about scheduling an interview. Request for interview submitted. 
  • October 23, 2022: Appointment made for November 1st at 8:00 AM
  • November 1, 2022:  Interview appointment in Frankfurt
  • November 2, 2022: Received UPS update that visa got dropped of
  • November 3, 2022: VISA IN HAND! 🥳🥳

Timeline

Sadly, we are almost at 6 weeks since the I-130 was received and we haven’t received our approval. I have my medical scheduled for Thursday but may have to cancel if we don’t hear back from the consulate by then. But I am glad that the rest went quickly for you! I am guessing it’s just a busy period for the consulate right now and that’s why it’s taking extra time for the approvals. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.