cphilipp

Timeline DCF Frankfurt 2022

110 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Iva7 said:

Hopefully the next step is faster for you as well! I would recommend emailing the consulate though, because we asked if we can schedule an interview and we received the “okay” in literally 6 minutes. No need for that if you’re not in a rush, but just a suggestion if you’re worried about not hearing back.

Do you mean you asked right away to schedule an interview _instead of_ waiting for them to receive and approve packet 3 and contact you back after that?

We would be definitely interested in this to speed up the remaining steps!

Edited by Alexkr

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
Just now, Alexkr said:

Do you mean you asked to schedule an interview right away _instead of_ waiting for them to receive and approve packet 3 and contact you back after that?

We would be definitely interested in this to speed up the remaining steps!

No, not really. Packet 3 was delivered to the consulate on 15th September and we hadn’t heard anything from them, so we emailed them today asking if all is good and if we can go ahead and schedule the interview, to which they officially replied and said we can go ahead with scheduling the interview. 

My suggestion is just not to wait too long for them to contact you, but maybe if it’s been over 7-8 days since packet 3 was delivered to them, you can email them and ask. If they replied within 6 minutes to our email, that

means they had already gone through our documents and there were no issues but they simply hadn’t emailed us about it yet.

2 hours ago, Iva7 said:

Hopefully the next step is faster for you as well! I would recommend emailing the consulate though, because we asked if we can schedule an interview and we received the “okay” in literally 6 minutes. No need for that if you’re not in a rush, but just a suggestion if you’re worried about not hearing back.

Question for people who have already made an interview appointment: Did you get a calendar to choose a date or did you have to wait to get your request “approved” when you tried to make the appointment on ustraveldocs.com? I always feel like I’m doing things wrong, so I just want to make sure that’s not the case, haha. Thanks!

They told me to submit a request to schedule an interview first. This request was approved within a couple of hours. Then I selected an interview date. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
1 minute ago, cphilipp said:

They told me to submit a request to schedule an interview first. This request was approved within a couple of hours. Then I selected an interview date. 

Great, thank you! I figured it was how it should be but just wanted to double check with someone who’s already done it. I didn’t have to request anything when I applied for my tourist visa a few years ago but it is a very different visa and it wasn’t in Germany, so my mind was questioning things, haha. 

Hi guys, 

Don't be mad at me but we already got the I130 approved.  I will have my medical on wednesday in Munich. 

I have one question regarding the tax return information associated with the I-864. In the email below, it states that I need to provide an official IRS-generated transcript for my most recent U.S. tax return (2021). In the I-864 form and the instructions it states that a photocopy of my records is also acceptable. Would a photocopy be acceptable in our case?  

Thanks again! 

DCF Frankfurt

• September 13, 2022: Contacted US Consulate in Frankfurt with copy of offer from petitioners work
  • September 14, 2022: Consulate writes back and asks for copy of petitioners’ residence permit. Response sent same day. 
  • September 15, 2022: Consulate chooses to accept I-130 petition (consular filing)
  • September 19, 2022: I-130 application sent to consulate
  • September 29, 2022: I-130 application approved by consulate. Second package of documents requested
  • October 5, 2022: Doctor’s appointment in Munich
  • October 10, 2022: Sent package 3 of documents to consulate in Frankfurt 
  • October 20, 2022: Received feedback from consulate about scheduling an interview. Request for interview submitted. 
  • October 23, 2022: Appointment made for November 1st at 8:00 AM
  • November 1, 2022:  Interview appointment in Frankfurt
  • November 2, 2022: Received UPS update that visa got dropped of
  • November 3, 2022: VISA IN HAND! 🥳🥳

7 hours ago, Inx said:

Hi guys, 

Don't be mad at me but we already got the I130 approved.  I will have my medical on wednesday in Munich. 

I have one question regarding the tax return information associated with the I-864. In the email below, it states that I need to provide an official IRS-generated transcript for my most recent U.S. tax return (2021). In the I-864 form and the instructions it states that a photocopy of my records is also acceptable. Would a photocopy be acceptable in our case?  

Thanks again! 

That was quick!

We also provided a photocopy as there was no transcript available yet. The IRS states that processing of paper returns may take up to 6 months this year. 

16 hours ago, cphilipp said:

That was quick!

We also provided a photocopy as there was no transcript available yet. The IRS states that processing of paper returns may take up to 6 months this year. 

It was ! I did not expect the approval at all at that point... Imagine my reaction when I got the email. 

One more question: 

Do I also need to provide any information about the salary I would be receiving in the U.S as part of the offer I sent with the I-130 petition? I have been living and working in Germany for the last six years and my most recent tax returns only reflect my German income. The amount is sufficient for the I-864 according to the poverty guidelines. However, if the visa is accepted and we move to the U.S., my salary will be significantly higher and that is not reflected on the current form. 

Thank you again! You are all very helpful! 

DCF Frankfurt

• September 13, 2022: Contacted US Consulate in Frankfurt with copy of offer from petitioners work
  • September 14, 2022: Consulate writes back and asks for copy of petitioners’ residence permit. Response sent same day. 
  • September 15, 2022: Consulate chooses to accept I-130 petition (consular filing)
  • September 29, 2022: I-130 application approved by consulate. Second package of documents requested
  • October 20, 2022: Received feedback from consulate about scheduling an interview. Request for interview submitted. 

7 hours ago, Inx said:

It was ! I did not expect the approval at all at that point... Imagine my reaction when I got the email. 

One more question: 

Do I also need to provide any information about the salary I would be receiving in the U.S as part of the offer I sent with the I-130 petition? I have been living and working in Germany for the last six years and my most recent tax returns only reflect my German income. The amount is sufficient for the I-864 according to the poverty guidelines. However, if the visa is accepted and we move to the U.S., my salary will be significantly higher and that is not reflected on the current form. 

Thank you again! You are all very helpful! 

The German salary does not count at all on the I-864. So your income from the previous years would be 0 (I assume you used the Foreign Income Exclusion or the Foreign Tax Credit on your US tax return). Is your new income from the same employer? If not and you just have a job offer from a new employer, you cannot include this in your current expected income either. We were in the same situation and thus used assets on the I-864.

Edited by cphilipp

On 9/26/2022 at 8:43 AM, Iva7 said:

My suggestion is just not to wait too long for them to contact you, but maybe if it’s been over 7-8 days since packet 3 was delivered to them, you can email them and ask. If they replied within 6 minutes to our email, that

means they had already gone through our documents and there were no issues but they simply hadn’t emailed us about it yet.

Did you email to FrnUSCISInquiries@state.gov or to frankfurtvisainquiries@state.gov?

CONGRATS! What's is your proposed travel date? 

I had my medical yesterday! Everything went well! 

If you're looking for a medical appointment call the doctor on Munich! I got an appointment within a week! 

DCF Frankfurt

42 minutes ago, cphilipp said:

Thanks!

Oct 30, so plenty of time for the passport to arrive. 

Good luck! 

DCF Frankfurt

5 hours ago, cphilipp said:

My visa was approved today. Everyone at the Frankfurt consulate was very nice and I was out after 1.5 hours. The whole process took only 2 months and 1 week. Good luck to everyone!

Congrats! Lucky you. Our Packet 3 is at the consulate since Sept 27 and to my reminder they replied "Due to the large amount of mail, we currently cannot go through the mail to check if your document(s) have arrived" :( 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.