EternalWait

RCMP police certificate processing delay

123 posts in this topic

Timeline
On 1/12/2023 at 10:14 AM, F2J_March said:

Anyone residing in BC ( near vancouver area) got their police certificate recently? How long does it take to get it on the mail? Apparently, we have been trying to get ours since September last year and have been declined/ rejected due to one or the other reasons ( Mainly bcoz of errors in taking finger print from RCMP staff). Submitted new one early this week. Hoping to get thia one correctly.

We submitted a request at the local Vancouver police department on Dec 20th. Found out shortly after it was rejected due to type selected. 
They resubmitted it on Jan 5th under Personal type which they thought would work. 

As an insurance police we visited the Commissionaires office downtown Vancouver on Jan 6th and paid to have another request done. They were pros, knew exactly what needed to be done. 

We received the police certificate from Commissionaires submission on Jan 12th.  Still haven’t seen the original one from the VPD submission. 

My advice, go visit the Commissionaires office. 

@raisins thank you for reply. Unfortunately, we do not have local commisionaries nearby. We are located like 6 hrs away from vancouver.  My spouse has given his finger print on Nov 28th and was told that we would get a call from local RCMP once it arrives and then had to go pick it up. We then waited for a month as earlier too it took like 6 weeks to get PC in mail. We did not get any call and  was in doubt so contacted local RCMP to get the status. To my surprise, they havent kept any request. They told me that on Nov 28, they just took the fingerprint and police certificate REQUEST was never submitted. I asked why didnt you submit the request that day, she said he just wanted a fingerprint so I took his fingerprint and gave him two copies of finger prints( which was not true as she did not give anything to my husband) and he was gonna submit the request by himself. I dont know how did she understand that we would put the request ourselves when we can't. We have to get it through RCMP.Anyways,  after having all these conversations  she sent the request( Jan 10 )and told we will get the PC in 2 weeks. Waiting to get a call from them to pick up PC from them.

Whatever happened, it was very weird and fraustating.

Timeline

@F2J_March wow, so sorry to hear that; very weird and frustrating indeed! It's hard when we rely upon these organizations and have tight timing deadlines. Thankfully it looks like, based on the tracker, you have a little bit more time. Hopefully, it shows up soon; otherwise, by 3-weeks out from the interview, it may be worth making the trip to try somewhere else. I've seen some horror stories about people showing up at the interview without the police certificate and taking a LONG time in AP.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@F2J_March Are there any private fingerprinting places nearby you?  Most of them seem to be authorized to request the checks from the RCMP.  We used a private place in Alberta and had ours in about a week.  Friends had theirs in a couple days.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, 3LabMom said:

@F2J_March Are there any private fingerprinting places nearby you?  Most of them seem to be authorized to request the checks from the RCMP.  We used a private place in Alberta and had ours in about a week.  Friends had theirs in a couple days.

@F2J_March To my understanding it cant be done in any fingerprinting agency. It has to be from one of these offices in attachment.

Private Fingerprinting Company Locations Accredited for Web 2020-07-14.pdf

Edited by farzady

• 1 month later...

Finger print submitted: 3rd March from Commissionaries Office, Vancouver

Mailed : 7th March

Received in  mailbox: 14th March.

Fyi, prior to this,  we submitted Police Report from local RCMP sometime in Jan and it never arrived in mailbox. 

Edited by F2J_March

3 minutes ago, F2J_March said:

Finger print submitted: 3rd March from Commissionaries Office, Vancouver

Mailed : 7th March

Received in  mailbox: 14th March.

Fyi, prior to this,  we submitted Police Report from RCMP sometime in Jan and it never arrived in mailbox. 

I have applied in Feb 22 via a fingerprinting agency, and nothing yet. RCMP is not taking any phone calls these days as they are overloaded with requests. Any way I can reach out to them to enquire about it?

Edited by EagerlyPatient

Email is only option and you will get reply after a month or so. I had emailed  them sometime in Feb to get an update on my earlier  police report requested via local  RCMP and I just received response yesterday. 

Btw did you request police report via local rcmp or third party finger printing service?  Better to request new one via rcmp accredited third party fingerprinting services.

1 minute ago, F2J_March said:

Email is only option and you will get reply after a month or so. I had emailed  them sometime in Feb to get an update on my earlier  police report requested via local  RCMP and I just received response yesterday. 

Btw did you request police report via local rcmp or third party finger printing service?  Better to request new one via rcmp accredited third party fingerprinting services.

It was via via rcmp accredited third party fingerprinting services. They told me it might take from 1 to 4 weeks. But I see many have already received it in mail.

I have tried to reach out via their contact form on the web page and I received a reply stating the following: 

We are currently experiencing service delays. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please consult our website for updates: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en

• 1 month later...

This is brutal.. Both my wife and I sent in the fingerprints on March 5. Wife got her PC back in 3 days. My PC is still processing. I've literally emailed them 4 times and each time they say it's in processing and will be mailed to the address provided. Why did my wife's take 3 days and mine has been almost 6.5 weeks and counting. 

When I first applied, the agency/broker requested the wrong (non for personal use) versions. Got those back in 3 days for both my wife and I. I may have to submit I485 with the wrong ones as I'm running out of time, and let them RFE me for the correct ones. That will at least buy me some time for RCMP to send the correct one. 

What should I do?

Edited by hopingforamiracle

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, hopingforamiracle said:

This is brutal.. Both my wife and I sent in the fingerprints on March 5. Wife got her PC back in 3 days. My PC is still processing. I've literally emailed them 4 times and each time they say it's in processing and will be mailed to the address provided. Why did my wife's take 3 days and mine has been almost 6.5 weeks and counting. 

When I first applied, the agency/broker requested the wrong (non for personal use) versions. Got those back in 3 days for both my wife and I. I may have to submit I485 with the wrong ones as I'm running out of time, and let them RFE me for the correct ones. That will at least buy me some time for RCMP to send the correct one. 

What should I do?

I would just have yours re-done if you can to avoid the RFE.  I can't see it taking 6.5 weeks plus.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.