Zan1

Cryptic Ask NVC Response

12 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I posted here a couple of days ago about still waiting for NVC to review a document I submitted on 18th May, which based on the current timeframes on the NVC website should be well and truly finished by now. The advice I was given was that this isn't normal and that I should get in contact with the NVC to find out what's happening.

With the phone service currently offline (an unbelievable pain), I sent a message through the Ask NVC webform where I explained the situation, requested that my case the escalated to a supervisor to investigate, and prepared to wait a month to hear anything back. This morning, 2 days later, I shockingly got a response, however I have no idea what it means and I was hoping someone here would be able to help me decipher it:

The correspondence submitted is currently under review. An appropriate action will be taken once this review is completed.

I'm trying to figure out if this means that my Ask NVC 'correspondence' has been received and action will be taken, the document that I sent on 18th May is now actively being reviewed and I just have to wait, or if this is just a generic response that my case is flagged for review without looking any deeper into why the review hasn't been done yet. I'm afraid that it's the latter and that my case is flagged as 'under review', but has been forgotten about or lost somewhere in the system.

Should I send another message and hope that this time the agent on the other end understands that my case appears to have fallen through the cracks?

Thanks very much for your help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Zan1 said:

Hi there,

I posted here a couple of days ago about still waiting for NVC to review a document I submitted on 18th May, which based on the current timeframes on the NVC website should be well and truly finished by now. The advice I was given was that this isn't normal and that I should get in contact with the NVC to find out what's happening.

With the phone service currently offline (an unbelievable pain), I sent a message through the Ask NVC webform where I explained the situation, requested that my case the escalated to a supervisor to investigate, and prepared to wait a month to hear anything back. This morning, 2 days later, I shockingly got a response, however I have no idea what it means and I was hoping someone here would be able to help me decipher it:

I'm trying to figure out if this means that my Ask NVC 'correspondence' has been received and action will be taken, the document that I sent on 18th May is now actively being reviewed and I just have to wait, or if this is just a generic response that my case is flagged for review without looking any deeper into why the review hasn't been done yet. I'm afraid that it's the latter and that my case is flagged as 'under review', but has been forgotten about or lost somewhere in the system.

Should I send another message and hope that this time the agent on the other end understands that my case appears to have fallen through the cracks?

Thanks very much for your help!

The Public Inquiry form takes two months to get an answer. That's the generic message. Here is the timeframe they are on.
And no you don't submit another one. You have to wait your turn.

image.png.c8a30cdd821af398cdbde8d1af9ecbf9.png

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

3 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

The Public Inquiry form takes two months to get an answer. That's the generic message. Here is the timeframe they are on.
And no you don't submit another one. You have to wait your turn.

Thanks for your response. Sorry, yeah you're right it's two months. I misread the month as July - that's disappointing! 

So the email that I received this morning was just a receipt that my message was received? I got a confirmation email from a TSGSystem address when I submitted my message, but the one I got this morning was from an actual person:

1406470012_ScreenShot2022-08-11at10_00_51AM.thumb.png.c26f58b9ef123fe5b861a192ac9f38b9.png

Do they have a person monitoring all incoming messages and giving canned responses? Seems like a weird waste of resources! I just don't want to end up in a situation where I wait two months to get a response only to find that I'd actually got one that I never followed up on - I thought that maybe I got a lucky response, the same way that sometimes people have their documents reviewed the day after they submit them instead of having to wait at several months at the back of the queue.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Zan1 said:

Hi there,

Should I send another message and hope that this time the agent on the other end understands that my case appears to have fallen through 

Yes submit an inquiry you have nothing to lose.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Zan1 said:

Thanks for your response. Sorry, yeah you're right it's two months. I misread the month as July - that's disappointing! 

So the email that I received this morning was just a receipt that my message was received? I got a confirmation email from a TSGSystem address when I submitted my message, but the one I got this morning was from an actual person:

1406470012_ScreenShot2022-08-11at10_00_51AM.thumb.png.c26f58b9ef123fe5b861a192ac9f38b9.png

Do they have a person monitoring all incoming messages and giving canned responses? Seems like a weird waste of resources! I just don't want to end up in a situation where I wait two months to get a response only to find that I'd actually got one that I never followed up on - I thought that maybe I got a lucky response, the same way that sometimes people have their documents reviewed the day after they submit them instead of having to wait at several months at the back of the queue.

There's no one monitoring it's an automatic response. So unless the time passes since you sent inquiry please refrain like they say to submit another request.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

I met the same situation like you.

I have submitted all documents on 24,Apr and sent an inquiry to NVC on July. NVC gave me an reply on 04,Aug saying that 

The documents you submitted will be reviewed soon. We will let you know whether we complete your case or if we need more information.

However, my case haven't any updates until today...

3 minutes ago, Yanning said:

I met the same situation like you.

I have submitted all documents on 24,Apr and sent an inquiry to NVC on July. NVC gave me an reply on 04,Aug saying that 

The documents you submitted will be reviewed soon. We will let you know whether we complete your case or if we need more information.

However, my case haven't any updates until today...

It's nice to know that I'm not the only person that's had these issues. I'm sorry that you've had to go through it as well!

Did you get a response to your inquiry back in July that said "The correspondence submitted is currently under review. An appropriate action will be taken once this review is completed." or did you have to wait until August to hear anything at all?

3 minutes ago, Zan1 said:

It's nice to know that I'm not the only person that's had these issues. I'm sorry that you've had to go through it as well!

Did you get a response to your inquiry back in July that said "The correspondence submitted is currently under review. An appropriate action will be taken once this review is completed." or did you have to wait until August to hear anything at all?

I received an email as the photo I post.

F8C9CCB5-C0CB-4208-A2AB-EE757E06B548.thumb.jpeg.c68ff4dec0832395222a7bb1f003cc70.jpeg

I have no idea that whether this is automatic response. I met someone who received the same email  finally got DQ after half a month. 

2 hours ago, Yanning said:

I received an email as the photo I post.

F8C9CCB5-C0CB-4208-A2AB-EE757E06B548.thumb.jpeg.c68ff4dec0832395222a7bb1f003cc70.jpeg

I have no idea that whether this is automatic response. I met someone who received the same email  finally got DQ after half a month. 

Boilerplate

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has updates since it seems like I might have a similar problem. I submit my docs Oct 26th, and on Dec 6th got an email from NVC saying to check CEAC - I looked but nothing has changed, no RFE, no accepted document, no messages. I decided to wait a day, but after reading some of these posts I have submit a public inquiry form since phone line is not available. 

I'm just trying to figure out everyones timeline here:

@Yanning Submit docs Apr 24 -> first NVC response July 13 -> sent inquiry in July? -> NVC reply Aug 4th -> DQ when?

@Zan1 Submit FE W2 doc May 18 -> no reply after timeframe page update, sent NVC inquiry Aug 8th -> NVC response Aug 10th -> ?? - > DQ finally on Sept 30th?

2 hours ago, Simplytex said:

@Zan1 Submit FE W2 doc May 18 -> no reply after timeframe page update, sent NVC inquiry Aug 8th -> NVC response Aug 10th -> ?? - > DQ finally on Sept 30th?

Hey, sorry you’re stuck in NVC purgatory! There’s nothing more frustrating and demoralising, especially with the phone lines closed. I hope that things are sorted quickly for you. 

The missing piece in my timeline is that I contacted my wife’s congressperson on Sept 7th and his office began a congressional inquiry on our behalf. I’m not sure if that’s what got things moving or if it was coincidence, but we got DQ a few weeks later.

So the final timeline was:

Submit FE W2 doc May 18 -> no reply after timeframe page update, sent NVC inquiry Aug 8th -> NVC response Aug 10th -> contacted congressperson Sept 7th -> DQ finally on Sept 30th -> notification of interview Nov 25th -> interview date Jan 11th.

I can’t speak to the mystery CEAC notification, but I’d definitely recommend getting in touch with a congressperson or other representative if you can’t get information any other way. That seems to have been what did the trick for us.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Zan1 said:

Hey, sorry you’re stuck in NVC purgatory! There’s nothing more frustrating and demoralising, especially with the phone lines closed. I hope that things are sorted quickly for you. 

The missing piece in my timeline is that I contacted my wife’s congressperson on Sept 7th and his office began a congressional inquiry on our behalf. I’m not sure if that’s what got things moving or if it was coincidence, but we got DQ a few weeks later.

So the final timeline was:

Submit FE W2 doc May 18 -> no reply after timeframe page update, sent NVC inquiry Aug 8th -> NVC response Aug 10th -> contacted congressperson Sept 7th -> DQ finally on Sept 30th -> notification of interview Nov 25th -> interview date Jan 11th.

I can’t speak to the mystery CEAC notification, but I’d definitely recommend getting in touch with a congressperson or other representative if you can’t get information any other way. That seems to have been what did the trick for us.

Thanks for the reply and congrats on getting it done! It's crazy that it took your case 4.5 mo after FE to get DQ... I'm just frustrated that I got an email that "something happened" but absolutely nothing on the CEAC page has changed, not even a message (the last they could have done is say "something is going to require additional time to review, hold tight"...)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.