15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello. My friend had her appointment this morning in Cd Juarez Mexico and she's devastated because she was asked to submit I-601 waiver regardless having I-601A approved. The basis of denial are 212(a)(6) (E)- for aiding the illegal entry of another foreigner (her baby at that time). My question is how can she apply to get her application expedited? It seems that she'll  qualify because her husband and kid have medical issues that were proven/submitted with I601a. Thank you 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Here is a memo from a few years ago.

Revised Expedited I-601 PM.pdf (uscis.gov)

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

CDJ has been doing that for years , it’s a risk hopefully the attorney advised her beforehand. 

Was her I-601 A expedited ? ( all such waivers are based on hardship). If yes then likely expedite four I-601 will be granted at filing.  

If I-601 A was not expedited, then file I.601 , get receipt and prepare some updated medical treatment/conditions to show need to expedite and call it in 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I am sort of assuming no Lawyer as this seems to be a surprise 

So the I 601 package would be first and that is not a quick process.

Expedite is certainly possible but by no means guaranteed

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
On 8/8/2022 at 4:14 PM, Family said:

CDJ has been doing that for years , it’s a risk hopefully the attorney advised her beforehand. 

Was her I-601 A expedited ? ( all such waivers are based on hardship). If yes then likely expedite four I-601 will be granted at filing.  

If I-601 A was not expedited, then file I.601 , get receipt and prepare some updated medical treatment/conditions to show need to expedite and call it in 

I601A was not expedited but was approved before she went out for interview.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, malego77 said:

I601A was not expedited but was approved before she went out for interview.

Have they appointed a lawyer?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

20K? That is a lot. Well above normal fees.

56 minutes ago, malego77 said:

She has one but wants to charge her 5k to help her with the eaiver on top of the 20k she already paid him.

If that $20K Attorney did not advise your friend of THE ( almost guaranteed risk) that CDJ revokes and finds smuggling charges to Everyone w EWI kids …then your friend CAN take a different approach in dealing with him.

So for the $5K question, DID your friend know of the RISK? Did attorney advise her ? 

In either case , she can ask for a complete I-601 A filing copy ( including brief/exhibits/ evidence ) add an updated doctors letters ( see what was sent and get new one)  AND she can DIY the I-601. 

Only thing in the brief that will change is ref to I-601 ( not I-601 A ) and ref ULP / unlawful presence and current inadmissibility .

After filing, call in to USCIS for expedite and have husband reach out to congressman for help

Timeline
23 hours ago, Boiler said:

20K? That is a lot. Well above normal fees.

Sadly she paid in advance and missed an appointment last year because she was not notified of it.

Timeline
22 hours ago, Family said:

If that $20K Attorney did not advise your friend of THE ( almost guaranteed risk) that CDJ revokes and finds smuggling charges to Everyone w EWI kids …then your friend CAN take a different approach in dealing with him.

So for the $5K question, DID your friend know of the RISK? Did attorney advise her ? 

In either case , she can ask for a complete I-601 A filing copy ( including brief/exhibits/ evidence ) add an updated doctors letters ( see what was sent and get new one)  AND she can DIY the I-601. 

Only thing in the brief that will change is ref to I-601 ( not I-601 A ) and ref ULP / unlawful presence and current inadmissibility .

After filing, call in to USCIS for expedite and have husband reach out to congressman for help

She knew about the posibility of having to submit another waiver after interviewing because she started to get information on immigration forums but I guess she had hope I would not be her case... Thank you for the advise I'm trying to help her to the best of my understanding. 

25 minutes ago, malego77 said:

She knew about the posibility of having to submit another waiver after interviewing because she started to get information on immigration forums but I guess she had hope I would not be her case... Thank you for the advise I'm trying to help her to the best of my understanding. 

What she could done is have. Ready Set Go I-601 Form and cut copy paste duplicate filing ready to send out same day as refusal letter in hand. ..

Attorney is off the hook , when such risk approached w eyes wide open. 

Timeline
On 8/28/2022 at 7:13 PM, Family said:

While there isn’t much activity/postings on CDJ on VJ, can you please tell me what other forums she relies on? 

I am conversational en Español, and would like to see what information is floating out there. Thank you 

There's a Facebook group she in and they have good info https://m.facebook.com/groups/2384047095178386/permalink/3138973899685698/

About the "copy paste" it turns out she made the hardship letter, the lawyer translated and sent the I601 without giving her a copy of that form filled out according to her. That's the first thing I thought on doing to make it easy to elaborate. 

Edited by malego77

1 hour ago, malego77 said:

About the "copy paste" it turns out she made the hardship letter, the lawyer translated and sent the I601 without giving her a copy of that form filled out according to her. That's the first thing I thought on doing to make it easy to elaborate. 

Most attorneys do that …fail to provide complete copies of the filing …..

Even  a $2k waiver filing or DIY has well crafted brief ( they probably had her sign only the signature page) loads of evidence husband and child’s medical, therapy evaluation and treatment if any, extensive financial, support letter, her own statement , country conditions..etc. 

She has a right to her entire file just needs to ask ( email and by letter) attorney cannot deny  and is subject to disciplinary action for refusal…but may charge her fee for making copies even w a$20K paid already.

Plus she can do a USCIS online FOIA and will the the EXACT filing …she can use husband’s US address for mailing. That IS FREE

Gracias for the link to FB 

Edited by Family

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.