azkun4

Verbal Approval- then 221g in mail

6 posts in this topic

Was hoping if someone had any advice. this is from USEM

Got a verbal approval for b2 visa. Then 7 days later got passport returned with 221 g letter simply asking to send a 2x2 photo (none was taken during interview)

My question is do I return the passport as well as the 221g and photo? Logically I would think I need to otherwise how can the visa be issued? However the  only box checked on the 221g is "other" Please provide 2x2 photo.

Any experience of advice is of help.

Also any idea how long it will take to get done since this was an approved emergency appointment for urgent upcoming travel in the coming weeks

32 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Sometimes 'emergency ' documents are stand alone. Meaning the travel document is not imprinted in the passport but rather a sheet of paper with the photo and stamps/whatnot. 

But it’s an emergency visa, not a travel document. I’ve never heard of a US visa that is standalone from a passport.

In any case OP should confirm with the embassy.  They have given no clue as to which embassy it is. (The comment about no photo taken in the interview was odd too, the standard requirement is that you provide photos when you go to the interview, or at least it was the last time I did this.)

Edited by SusieQQQ

On 8/8/2022 at 8:32 AM, SusieQQQ said:

But it’s an emergency visa, not a travel document. I’ve never heard of a US visa that is standalone from a passport.

In any case OP should confirm with the embassy.  They have given no clue as to which embassy it is. (The comment about no photo taken in the interview was odd too, the standard requirement is that you provide photos when you go to the interview, or at least it was the last time I did this.)

OP stated "Was hoping if someone had any advice. this is from USEM"

United States Embassy Manila is the common term for this

25 minutes ago, Palawan said:

OP stated "Was hoping if someone had any advice. this is from USEM"

United States Embassy Manila is the common term for this

USEM afaik is a common term for many US EMbassies

anyway your embassy does include a photo on its list of requirements for a visa https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-typeb1b2.asp#supportingdocs

suggestion  remains, contact them to confirm whether or not they need your passport, if it’s as urgent as you suggest why you would risk following incorrect advice from a forum?  Contact details here https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-main-contactus.asp#contactinfo

Tbh, much more likely to get a proper answer than hoping someone else at the same embassy who had an emergency appointment and forgot photo is likely to read this.

Edited by SusieQQQ

On 8/8/2022 at 9:09 AM, SusieQQQ said:

USEM afaik is a common term for many US EMbassies

anyway your embassy does include a photo on its list of requirements for a visa https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-typeb1b2.asp#supportingdocs

suggestion  remains, contact them to confirm whether or not they need your passport, if it’s as urgent as you suggest why you would risk following incorrect advice from a forum?  Contact details here https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-main-contactus.asp#contactinfo

Tbh, much more likely to get a proper answer than hoping someone else at the same embassy who had an emergency appointment and forgot photo is likely to read this.

I would be willing to make a "Gentlemans Bet" on this

We shall wait to see to if the OP returns to clarify.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.