Interview Letter Update

21 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/11/2022 at 10:54 AM, Bochog said:

Any update, guys?

Today marks exactly 2 years since we have been DQed.

This is just so frustrating.

Omg they have not set an interview for you for 2 years from NVC being dq’d? That’s just insane!

On 8/22/2022 at 8:02 PM, Kathy and Jesse said:

Omg they have not set an interview for you for 2 years from NVC being dq’d? That’s just insane!

Yes!

I sent them an expedite request multiple times (most recently on the 2nd anniversary), but they rejected all of it.

It's just extremely frustrating. :( 

On 8/25/2022 at 1:56 PM, Bochog said:

Yes!

I sent them an expedite request multiple times (most recently on the 2nd anniversary), but they rejected all of it.

It's just extremely frustrating. :( 

~2.4yrs for us for 2 unmarried children of LPR (under 21 at time of Apr2020 DQ).  As a data point to help others, what general content did you put in your expedite requests?

7 minutes ago, Natepartlan said:

~2.4yrs for us for 2 unmarried children of LPR (under 21 at time of Apr2020 DQ).  As a data point to help others, what general content did you put in your expedite requests?

Medical reason for my wife.

Apparently, they deem it as "not urgent" and "not qualified for an expedite" :( 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 12:30 PM, Bochog said:

Apparently, they deem it as "not urgent" and "not qualified for an expedite" :( 

After this, I went ahead and made an expedite request to NVC and they surprisingly gave me a quick response (18 hours!) that they had forwarded the request to USEM.  About how long did it take to get your rejection?  Of course, we're waiting with fingers crossed for positive result.

For anyone wondering, I only emphasized the 'out of normal processing time' and Apr2020 DQ in my request.

1 hour ago, Natepartlan said:

After this, I went ahead and made an expedite request to NVC and they surprisingly gave me a quick response (18 hours!) that they had forwarded the request to USEM.  About how long did it take to get your rejection?  Of course, we're waiting with fingers crossed for positive result.

For anyone wondering, I only emphasized the 'out of normal processing time' and Apr2020 DQ in my request.

In my experience, USEM takes about two weeks to respond if they will approve or deny the expedite request.

Good luck on your request!

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2022 at 9:29 AM, Natepartlan said:

Any update on your expedite request?

On 9/29/2022 at 5:09 PM, Bochog said:

Any update on your expedite request?

Rejection notification from NVC right on the Friday immediately after the 2 week period you had mentioned.  So now wait 30 days and try again, I guess? 🤷‍♂️

On 10/4/2022 at 10:35 AM, Natepartlan said:

Rejection notification from NVC right on the Friday immediately after the 2 week period you had mentioned.  So now wait 30 days and try again, I guess? 🤷‍♂️

Oddly enough, 3 weeks after the rejection we get an email from the NVC saying we're now scheduled for interview in November.  Maybe the rejected expedite request 'put us on their radar'?  Who knows how things work over there.  Anyway, SLEC medical scheduled and Manila hotel reserved.  Now more hurry up and wait 😝

Refresher for those compiling data:

Visa class F2A-F22

PD 06Dec2017

I-130 approved 05Aug2019

DQ 24Apr2020 (which was 1 day after Trump's shutdown mandate?)

Expedite request 29Aug2022

Expedite rejection 16Sep2022

Interview scheduled 06Oct2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.