Pat2021

July 2022 NVC Submission

173 posts in this topic

On 9/12/2022 at 11:18 AM, Ctavarez90 said:

Question: I first initial submitted mine and my joint sponsor AOS on Aug 23. This morning I notice he accidentally left off the last letter in my husbands first name so we are correcting it and uploading the corrections and the I-864 form in its entirety with a note stating the reason for the correction. Since my forms have not even been reviewed by NVC yet and my first initial AOS was submitted Aug 23 NVC should go by that date correct?

I didn't realize this... then my form date of submission was 9/26, not 8/29... it's a few days earlier, but I'll take it.  Thanks for this tip!

32 minutes ago, Gg GG said:

Any one with first submission date or resubmission date July 13th-July15th got any email from NVC?

My resubmitted date is July 16th. I'm hoping to get DQed email on Monday or Tuesday. 

If you don’t mind me asking why did they not accept the passport document the first time you submitted it? 

18 minutes ago, Ctavarez90 said:

If you don’t mind me asking why did they not accept the passport document the first time you submitted it? 

They said its not clear. Rescan for clear image.

It was stupid reason, it was very clear scan. But you never know what they do why they do. So I just resubmitted two different scans just in case.

Please pray I get DQed next week.

3 minutes ago, Gg GG said:

They said its not clear. Rescan for clear image.

It was stupid reason, it was very clear scan. But you never know what they do why they do. So I just resubmitted two different scans just in case.

Please pray I get DQed next week.

Did you scan it vertically or horizontally? In color as well, right?

Another question. Which file format did you use? PDF or JPG?

Edited by NikoTaino

10 minutes ago, NikoTaino said:

Did you scan it vertically or horizontally? In color as well, right?

Yes it was in color and vertically scanned.

I resubmitted rescan copy right away. But then I got in touch with one of the family friend, he is immigration lawyer. He scanned another one they way he submit for his client and i submitted that one as well.

Edited by Gg GG

15 minutes ago, Gg GG said:

Yes it was in color and vertically scanned.

I resubmitted rescan copy right away. But then I got in touch with one of the family friend, he is immigration lawyer. He scanned another one they way he submit for his client and i submitted that one as well.

I am praying you get DQ’d. I asked that question because I sent mine in very clear vertically and then saw where they ask you to send it in so they don’t have to rotate it. So I sent in another one horizontal so they can read it without having to adjust it. I hope I get DQ without getting an RFE. Please pray for me as well

1 minute ago, Ctavarez90 said:

I am praying you get DQ’d. I asked that question because I sent mine in very clear vertically and then saw where they ask you to send it in so they don’t have to rotate it. So I sent in another one horizontal so they can read it without having to adjust it. I hope I get DQ without getting an RFE. Please pray for me as well

Yeah, that's a common issue documents.

Another thing I've seen multiple times is to use PDF instead of JPG because sometimes for unknown reasons, the uploaded JPG is rotated. With PDF, that doesn't happen.

8 minutes ago, Ctavarez90 said:

I will pray. Yeah make sure there's no shadows in scanned copy. I hope everyone visa journey goes smoothly. And be with our loved ones as soon as possible. 

6 minutes ago, NikoTaino said:

Yeah, that's a common issue documents.

Another thing I've seen multiple times is to use PDF instead of JPG because sometimes for unknown reasons, the uploaded JPG is rotated. With PDF, that doesn't happen.

Which is crazy because they tell you JPG is acceptable as well. They are very particular. I have anxiety every day waiting for the week that I am suppose to be getting DQ’d and I feel like I am constantly overthinking and over analyzing everything😬

2 minutes ago, Gg GG said:

I will pray. Yeah make sure there's no shadows in scanned copy. I hope everyone visa journey goes smoothly. And be with our loved ones as soon as possible. 

What do you mean by shadows? Can you find an example and upload it that doesn’t have any personal information that’s like a template example?

4 minutes ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Which is crazy because they tell you JPG is acceptable as well. They are very particular. I have anxiety every day waiting for the week that I am suppose to be getting DQ’d and I feel like I am constantly overthinking and over analyzing everything😬

What do you mean by shadows? Can you find an example and upload it that doesn’t have any personal information that’s like a template example?

Like this outline of passport has shadows.

20220916_125627.jpg

2 minutes ago, Gg GG said:

Like this outline of passport has shadows.

20220916_125627.jpg

Mine had shadows and there were no issues. Hope you all get DQ! 🙏🏽

image.thumb.png.97e0a0bd722c7743e6a60eaa872114b0.png

Just now, NikoTaino said:

Mine had shadows and there were no issues. Hope you all get DQ! 🙏🏽

image.thumb.png.97e0a0bd722c7743e6a60eaa872114b0.png

I have a question. So I took picture of my tax transcript and the last picture I took has a little piece of my shirt at the bottom of the photo. Should I retake photos of my transcript and send them in or no? Because the transcript itself is readable and you can barely notice my shirt at the bottom 

1 minute ago, Gg GG said:

I just got DQed email. Finally. Thank you everyone for praying. I pray everyone in this group and outside of this group gets DQ soon.

What a surprise before weekend!!!! Congrats! Now take a breath and enjoy the weekend. Happy to see you were DQ ☺️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.