170 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
On 10/2/2023 at 3:12 PM, Flavia-Bianca said:

Hey peeps! 

I hope most of you got your interviews scheduled. I got mine today! 

Got a question though (it might not be similar with all the countries but it's worth asking). Anybody got trouble with registering for document delivery (like sending back your passport after interview). I did like the instructions but the ustraveldocs portal looks like this.

Don't really know what to make of it? 😬

Looks like it doesn't recognize the appointment or registration for that matter.

image_2023-10-02_171159138.png

Hi!

Just wondering, how long did it take to get your letter about your interview once NVC was completed?? We got completed at NVC about 6 days ago and unsure what to expect in terms of time frame.

Hope all is well!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
3 minutes ago, rubym2020 said:

Hi!

Just wondering, how long did it take to get your letter about your interview once NVC was completed?? We got completed at NVC about 6 days ago and unsure what to expect in terms of time frame.

Hope all is well!!

For me it took around 2-3 weeks. Scheduled for 21st of November.

On 11/2/2023 at 7:43 AM, rubym2020 said:

Hi!

Hope all is well!!

About 2 weeks. Interview was scheduled for about 1.5 months out. We just had the interview in London on the 25th —my husband said it was easy and everyone was really nice. Now just waiting for his passport with visa to arrive (was shipped by the embassy on 10/30). 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, BLC said:

About 2 weeks. Interview was scheduled for about 1.5 months out. We just had the interview in London on the 25th —my husband said it was easy and everyone was really nice. Now just waiting for his passport with visa to arrive (was shipped by the embassy on 10/30). 

This is so helpful, thank you so much! And congratulations!!!

On 11/3/2023 at 8:47 AM, rubym2020 said:

This is so helpful, thank you so much! And congratulations!!!

You’re welcome..and thanks so much! I can’t believe it’s finally over lol it feels surreal! I hope you guys get your visa issued fast..sounds like you’re close!

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi all,

Anyone with an interview, how did you find out about it being scheduled? Was it via email or post and did your CEAC account change?

Thanks! 

7 minutes ago, rubym2020 said:

Anyone with an interview, how did you find out about it being scheduled? Was it via email or post and did your CEAC account change?

NVC will email you the interview details. Can’t remember if CEAC changed. 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, ShazShaz said:

NVC will email you the interview details. Can’t remember if CEAC changed. 

Amazing, thanks for the quick reply!

56 minutes ago, rubym2020 said:

Amazing, thanks for the quick reply!

Most welcomed. I was in same shoes recently. For my country, the embassy releases interview dates monthly, hence nvc sends interview letters end of each month. Not sure if this applies to UK.

Alternatively, you can track this website for your status update: 

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Edited by ShazShaz

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Momiox said:

Any July 2022 filers still waiting for NOA2? We are trully struggling with this long process. Looking to see if others are still waiting like us. 

Wow you’re still waiting?! I’m sorry that sucks. My husband finally made his way over and living with me in the US now permanently since last week. We got NOA2 in June, interview in Oct. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 12/19/2023 at 4:35 AM, Momiox said:

Any July 2022 filers still waiting for NOA2? We are trully struggling with this long process. Looking to see if others are still waiting like us. 

I am! I have asked Emma a few times where my case was and it turned out my case is now at a field office, which is weird to me. I thought all the I-130 for CR1 are processed at the service center, not a field office. Anyways, last week the field office confirmed that they have my case and advised me to wait until 2027 (average timeline there is 42 months), crazy! My spouse and I are really upset about this transfer and waiting... It seems this waiting is endless... I also found it's rare for cases to be moved to a local office (only 1 or 2 posts online). We are figuring out what we should do next... 

So you can check out where your case is. If your case is at a service center, you may send them an inquiry on Jan.19th, as it shows on the website. I hope you are luckier than us. Happy holidays!

Edited by FlyG22

On 12/23/2023 at 8:34 PM, FlyG22 said:

I am! I have asked Emma a few times where my case was and it turned out my case is now at a field office, which is weird to me. I thought all the I-130 for CR1 are processed at the service center, not a field office.

It sounds like you may have checked the wrong box (as filing within the US) when petitioning the I-130. Within the US is field office, outside of US it should be at a service center. I believe when this mistake is made you need to pretty much restart the process. 

Edited by BLC
Typo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
23 hours ago, BLC said:

It sounds like you may have checked the wrong box (as filing within the US) when petitioning the I-130. Within the US is field office, outside of US it should be at a service center. I believe when this mistake is made you need to pretty much restart the process. 

No, it was filed correctly. The receipt came from Texas service center and transferred to California, then to the field office. 

Edited by FlyG22

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
3 minutes ago, FlyG22 said:

No, it was filed correctly. The receipt came from Texas service center and transferred to California, then to the field office. 

Sad to hear this is taking that long. I would call them and ask for a Tier 3 officer so you can get the truth. Tier 1 agents that sometimes respond to inquiries are not right. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.