2,958 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Gha said:

@Fayisa they are no update since june

in June they said wait for six month .plz don’t ask about anything.my six months complete in December.after December if no update then I will see

thank you 

You were put on 221g  in October 2022, Is this correct  almost 12 months ?

Edited by Leo The Great

@Leo The Great yes I had 221 g and Ds 5535 in last October 2022 .they issued my visa in March for 2 days and put me again in administrative processing 

thank you 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, Fayisa said:

Tomorrow is 6 weeks since I submitted my passport, no update since September 25th. Should I email them again or just continue waiting. Can you guys share with us your experiences. Thanks 

Today is my second day of 6th week. I saw documents check for most of people took 6 week to receive back their passport, don't know the maximum weeks waiting for them to send back my passport.

23 minutes ago, niloo said:

Today is my second day of 6th week. I saw documents check for most of people took 6 week to receive back their passport, don't know the maximum weeks waiting for them to send back my passport.

I just received an email from them with the same usual reply "  This case is currently pending review by a consular officer"  they didn't update my case tho, usually when i send an email they update the case. 

Edited by Fayisa

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Fayisa said:

I just received an email from them with the same usual reply "  This case is currently pending review by a consular officer"  they didn't update my case tho, usually when i send an email they update the case. 

My husband sent an email last week on Thursday. But no update till now. I'm so stressed, I'm staying at airbnb. It's so expensive. Do I need to rent a room for next month or just book airbnb for the next 2 weeks. Are they sending back passport on 6 to 8 weeks?

14 minutes ago, niloo said:

My husband sent an email last week on Thursday. But no update till now. I'm so stressed, I'm staying at airbnb. It's so expensive. Do I need to rent a room for next month or just book airbnb for the next 2 weeks. Are they sending back passport on 6 to 8 weeks?

It is very hard to me too. I am staying at my mom's small unit with a child. It is really inconvenience at all 😥. We can't really predict how long it will take. In my opinion Just extend your stay at airbnb for 2 more weeks. 

3 hours ago, niloo said:

What’s the connection with your passport and staying at airbnb? Go home

Timeline
2 hours ago, throwitaway said:

What’s the connection with your passport and staying at airbnb? Go home

I gave back my apartment's key, that's why I'm staying at airbnb. Didn't know I will get 221g for a joint sponsor, bcuz nvc already approved my husband income. Made a mistake and moved out soon. I'm in 6th weeks so hopefully will get an issue on my CEAC so soon.

Edited by niloo

33 minutes ago, niloo said:

I gave back my apartment's key, that's why I'm staying at airbnb. Didn't know I will get 221g for a joint sponsor, bcuz nvc already approved my husband income. Made a mistake and moved out soon. I'm in 6th weeks so hopefully will get an issue on my CEAC so soon.

Since you submitted the JS to the consulate. Consulate might be verifying your JS employment if applicable. These types of checks particularly for JS are done at NVC stage before DQ. I know about one case where employment verification was done for JS before the applicant was DQ. 

Edited by Leo The Great

58 minutes ago, Darkknight574 said:

Do you guys know if anybody has ever been denied after receiving DS5535? What’s the longest waiting time somebody waited to get a response after DS5535? Tnx 

You can look at this spreadsheet for recent cases

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jV7rzX2eCRVoEDRhOtN9a6hDoHRLNEf1P3ZGZbQ0_Dc/edit#gid=0

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, niloo said:

Unfortunately, this is why you're told not to get rid of your living arrangements or make travel plans until your passport is in hand.  

15 hours ago, Darkknight574 said:

Do you guys know if anybody has ever been denied after receiving DS5535? What’s the longest waiting time somebody waited to get a response after DS5535? Tnx 

If you read back, there was someone who waited nearly 2 years to get through the process.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
1 hour ago, mam521 said:

Unfortunately, this is why you're told not to get rid of your living arrangements or make travel plans until your passport is in hand. 

Hope to hear back soon. It usually takes 6 to 8 weeks so more 2 weeks waiting for me.

Edited by niloo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, niloo said:

Hope to hear back soon. It usually takes 6 to 8 weeks so more 2 weeks waiting for me.

Fingers crossed! 

There's US election dates for a bunch of States on Nov. 7th, Veteran's Day on the 11th (many places will observe on the 10th) and Thanksgiving on the 23rd.  You might face some additional delays as a result.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.