2,958 posts in this topic

Our visa arrived today. I felt it a bunch of times and pinched myself to make sure that I wasn't dreaming. But it's real.

Our interview date was in October. We wrote physical letters to the consulate and the US ambassador to Canada, and emailed the consulate once a week for the first 60 days. Shortly before Christmas, we filed a WOM.

I'm very thankful I am able to rejoin my spouse. Good luck to everyone else in here.

5 minutes ago, thx1139 said:

Our visa arrived today. I felt it a bunch of times and pinched myself to make sure that I wasn't dreaming. But it's real.

Our interview date was in October. We wrote physical letters to the consulate and the US ambassador to Canada, and emailed the consulate once a week for the first 60 days. Shortly before Christmas, we filed a WOM.

I'm very thankful I am able to rejoin my spouse. Good luck to everyone else in here.

Great. WOM worked for you. Could you please tell who did you go with and how much you paid in USD $. Thanks

Just now, Mmk2112 said:

Great. WOM worked for you. Could you please tell who did you go with and how much you paid in USD $. Thanks

I have no idea if it worked or not, and there isn't any way to know, but had we not filed one I strongly feel we'd still be waiting. We used PIC law firm, and I can't recommend them enough. I'm not going to divulge the exact cost, but it was in the same ball park as the amounts you see posted here.

6 minutes ago, thx1139 said:

I have no idea if it worked or not, and there isn't any way to know, but had we not filed one I strongly feel we'd still be waiting. We used PIC law firm, and I can't recommend them enough. I'm not going to divulge the exact cost, but it was in the same ball park as the amounts you see posted here.

Great thank you Could you please contact # or email of PIC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Once you receive this email after 221(g) are you expected to mail the passport in immediately? Honestly, part of me wants to just fly to the USA and enter as a tourist. I don't even mind that I'll have to fly back to send the passport- just want to be with my spouse. Also don't want to mess anything up at this stage either so is this even an option? Any help would be appreciated!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, Canucklehead said:

Once you receive this email after 221(g) are you expected to mail the passport in immediately? Honestly, part of me wants to just fly to the USA and enter as a tourist. I don't even mind that I'll have to fly back to send the passport- just want to be with my spouse. Also don't want to mess anything up at this stage either so is this even an option? Any help would be appreciated!

There's no need to mail in your passport until the consulate requests it, typically right before your visa is issued. 

You can still travel as a tourist. 

19 hours ago, Canucklehead said:

Hey hey:  no need to send to passport in until they request from you. You are free to travel to the US and normal time restrictions apply. Just be careful on your time spent in the US on a rolling 12 month period. 

good luck 

On 2/3/2023 at 5:17 PM, farzady said:

is there anyone in here or you knew that submitted the hard copy of the medical to Montreal? I just want to know if they accept hard copy or not

Def not my experience, but other embassies I’ve heard do it in places where panel physician are not electronically capable

On 2/3/2023 at 11:38 AM, Canucklehead said:

Just had my interview on February 1st - everything seemed to be going great! I had all of my documents ready and prepared. Went through the whole interview process and then boom "You are denied for administrative purposes".

Not going to lie, my wife and I are extremely gutted about this. We have been apart for months now, and this just feels like another bureaucratic hurdle. I even tried asking what the reason was for denial and all the interviewing officer would say is "I could tell you, but you're going to be getting an email explaining it". They also gave me back my passport.

On the actual white 221G form all it says is:

• Supplemental information we will request via email
  • Additional processing is required, we will contact you when this is complete
  • You must present the documents listed: Your passport

I'm honestly at a loss for what this could be and the worst part is I have no idea what it is that they need. We've went back and forth trying to guess what it is. Some of our thoughts are:

• We both travelled to numerous countries since submitting DS-260 - maybe we need to add in those dates and countries?
  • My wife lived in Canada at time of DS-260 submission and now she lives in US
  • My wife worked in Canada at time of DS-260 - she now works in the US

Honestly, who knows! Did anyone else receive a similar 221(g) asking only for info via email - and if so what was it for?

Thanks all!

5535 for sure

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for all the responses everyone! Would entering the USA as a tourist mess anything up again? (i.e. let's say I fill in all the countries I've been to on the 5535 form, but then after it has been sent I enter USA as a tourist). Just asking because I'd love to visit my wife, but also don't want to end up getting denied for the same reason (i.e. my countries visited list isn't up to date). Hope this makes sense!

34 minutes ago, Canucklehead said:

Thanks for all the responses everyone! Would entering the USA as a tourist mess anything up again? (i.e. let's say I fill in all the countries I've been to on the 5535 form, but then after it has been sent I enter USA as a tourist). Just asking because I'd love to visit my wife, but also don't want to end up getting denied for the same reason (i.e. my countries visited list isn't up to date). Hope this makes sense!

Hello; just go as normal, you shouldn’t have any issues at the border. Just be cautious of your previous visit time and your upcoming time, that it’s not more than 180 days in a rolling 12 month period.  Happy Travels!

6 hours ago, familyapart said:

Hi all. Looking to file a mandamus and would like the names of GREAT lawyers that specialize in this. Of course I see Josh Goldstein- wondering if he’s actually any good. I saw a previous post about PIC law firm- wondering who they are. Any help/guidance would be very appreciated. TIA.  

We just filed our WOM late last month with PIC law. My experience has been really positive up until now. You deal directly with the lawyers and not paralegals, with extremely quick responses to any questions/concerns. 

The great part was they are super-fast in the filing of WOM, after we submitted our docs, they filed the WOM in 3 business days. 

Best wishes for your WOM!

7 hours ago, topman said:

We just filed our WOM late last month with PIC law. My experience has been really positive up until now. You deal directly with the lawyers and not paralegals, with extremely quick responses to any questions/concerns. 

The great part was they are super-fast in the filing of WOM, after we submitted our docs, they filed the WOM in 3 business days. 

Best wishes for your WOM!

Thank you so much for this. How long have you been in ap? I’m just curious about timing- we were denied in June and have been in ap ever since. 

21 hours ago, dennisv said:

Hello; just go as normal, you shouldn’t have any issues at the border. Just be cautious of your previous visit time and your upcoming time, that it’s not more than 180 days in a rolling 12 month period.  Happy Travels!

If you go out of USA before 180 days lets says 178th day and come back after a month for two weeks more. Would you get denied at airport?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.